• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you call randall the cloud?

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
They have a few words and some grammatical stuff sort of in common, but to say they're "extremely similar" is just wrong.
I am German and I lived right at the Dutch/German Border near Maastricht, and from my experience, they are extremely similar. Generally, I can understand Dutch texts or letter with my knowledge of German and English (and a little French), I got them a lot due to like tax stuff for living in the Netherlands while going to school/being German.
I can't speak it at all though..

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
We call the cloud:
Randall
Ramberdie
Rhinequist
Ramberquist
Rhubarb
Cloud
Ricardo

Pretty much pick a name from that list depending on the situation. It originated from our initial struggles to remember that the cloud was called Randall, and now the accidental names have stuck.

D

Deleted member

I call him Randall because I think of this ********:

Always scheming to bone over people trying to get that cookie from Mrs Finster

Jonas

Smash Champion
I am German and I lived right at the Dutch/German Border near Maastricht, and from my experience, they are extremely similar. Generally, I can understand Dutch texts or letter with my knowledge of German and English (and a little French), I got them a lot due to like tax stuff for living in the Netherlands while going to school/being German.
I can't speak it at all though..
You wouldn't think living close to the border could help you understand the language a bit better?
Besides, my first language is Danish, and I can sort of make out what Dutch texts say (spoken Dutch is just complete gibberish to me though >_>).
I guess you could say that Dutch is somewhat similar to other European languages (not a unique trait though) but extremely similar to German? Naaahhh...

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Dutch is indeed very similar to German, no question about that! Dutch is like a strange mix of German, Danish and some other languages, like English. And no wonder, I mean in a historic perspective, Germany and the Netherlands have very close bounds.

But enough of that, I call the cloud of salvation simply "Molnet", the Swedish word for "the cloud".

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Who wants to buy me a rosetta stone?

dr. Pepper what show ia that? I recognize the kid and the name mrs. Finster, but no idea what the name of the show is.

:phone:

Top Bottom