• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What Do You Think The Wii U Box Art Should Look Like?

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I'VE GOT IT!

Olimar covers the entire front with reflections of Mario, Link, Pikachu etc. in his helmet and Plasm Wraith covers the entire back with reflections of Sonic, Mega Man, and other third parties in its body. Definitely getting some equal franchise representation. :joyful:

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Yep, at least Mega Man really is important for Nintendo (I'm not gonna agree with Sonic, sorry); but still, Nintendo not owns those IPs, and they're releasing a fighting game with Nintendo All-Stars, with few guests; which represent less than 5% of the content of the game.. putting them on the front of the boxart is like telling a lie for the public; --

like I used as example here; Banjo & Kazooie in the front of the cover of Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing on Xbox360; ... and worst, they changed the name for this version with the subtitle "With Banjo-Kazooie"; e-e... seems that the game is equally divided by SEGA and RareWare... and it's not, Banjo and Kazooie were guests; fortunately they didn't repeated the same mistake on S&ASR Transformed, .. Wreck-It Ralph and Danica Patrick appeared only on the back... that's the right thing to do when the game has guest characters; they're special, but not enough to be shown together with the main proposal of tha game.

---but well, that's my point of view, anyway.. Nintendo can screw the box if they want, nobody will prevent that. =P
Megaman ---> Special, but not enough...

If Megaman's not special enough...then...damn, those are some infinitum ultra-standards. Meagaman's one of the game's main selling points, why not have one of the most advertised and popular characters on the front cover? Also, all this talk about Nintendo falling behind on recognition...god...what has gaming turned into, are we Nintendo gamers the only decent gaming demographic left? Is real gaming really dying and being replaced with all-budget, no-substance trash?

Also, the cover should just be a picture of Rosalina sleeping with her little lips puckered up like on that PoTD '3'

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Megaman ---> Special, but not enough...

If Megaman's not special enough...then...damn, those are some infinitum ultra-standards. Meagaman's one of the game's main selling points, why not have one of the most advertised and popular characters on the front cover? Also, all this talk about Nintendo falling behind on recognition...god...what has gaming turned into, are we Nintendo gamers the only decent gaming demographic left? Is real gaming really dying and being replaced with all-budget, no-substance trash?

Also, the cover should just be a picture of Rosalina sleeping with her little lips puckered up like on that PoTD '3'
It's not the character in question, I'm not belittling Mega Man... if it was Mario as a guest in another game, this would apply the same way.. doesn't matter how famous or "important" the character is for "x" company story; if the game has a main proposal which doesn't matter if there is or not characters from the other companies (is the case of Smash Bros.), the guest should be treated as a guest and no more.... You know, PSABR,... all the guest characters are right in the front of the box... it's horrendous, ... seems that Sony is screaming that they own Raiden or Big Daddy. ..lol.

but well, let's see... I hope to see a great art with Nintendo characters only, while the guests are on the back again.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
As long as mega man , fox, and Wario are in it I'm good...brawls coverart was pretty cool looking.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's not the character in question, I'm not belittling Mega Man... if it was Mario as a guest in another game, this would apply the same way.. doesn't matter how famous or "important" the character is for "x" company story; if the game has a main proposal which doesn't matter if there is or not characters from the other companies (is the case of Smash Bros.), the guest should be treated as a guest and no more.... You know, PSABR,... all the guest characters are right in the front of the box... it's horrendous, ... seems that Sony is screaming that they own Raiden or Big Daddy. ..lol.

but well, let's see... I hope to see a great art with Nintendo characters only, while the guests are on the back again.
Megaman's a Nintendo character owned by Capcom, there's the truth.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Um. Pretty sure MegaMan is a Capcom character owned by Capcom.

Anyways, something like Brawl's Cover, but flashier, should be good. ^^ It better have Ridley on the front~

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly wouldn't mind something entirely simple like Master Hand hovering over Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Samus. If he makes a concerted effort to show a lot of characters on the front, he is going to miss important ones and attenuate the value of the characters on the label.

Top Bottom