• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does it take to be banned?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
There is one thing I'm gonna say right now and I'll double post to say it

BBR purposely made rules that MK was at his best in (short timer, tons of gay stages, one more issue I don't remember on). The same members that voted to ban MK, claiming he could time out easy or had great counterpicks, I made polls right after and they voted AGAINST them both. Almost all the members pro-ban voted against it, so it never came to pass.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

BBR purposely made rules that MK was at his best in (short timer, tons of gay stages, one more issue I don't remember on). The same members that voted to ban MK, claiming he could time out easy or had great counterpicks, I made polls right after and they voted AGAINST them both. Almost all the members pro-ban voted against it, so it never came to pass.
So the only conclusion that can be made is people simply had enough of hearing about Meta Knight winning in tournaments, regardless of who used him. At least that's what your post implies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
edit - lagged

and as for above poster, short version is more people benefit from MK gone than from him staying, so majority of people vote to ban him, even though he doesn't deserve to be

that's the tl;dr of everything for you

but there's a lot more to it than that

Massive

Smash Champion

While it may be easy to paint this as an intentional scenario leading to a ban of MK and subsequently M2K from brawl, it is very likely that those involved were not directly aware of what their decisions were leading to.

I recommend a liberal application Hanlon's razor here, considering the collective age and maturity levels of the aforementioned brawl community: never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I'll copy paste it for those that are lazy

"The SECRET PLAN on getting Meta Knight banned...
posted to the public at 1:24 PM on Monday Jun 14, 2010
This was originally a very long-winded blog that had too many tangents, so I'm cleaning it up and keeping it REALLY short.
If you want a lighter read, skip the intro which is just there for flavor and start at "The Ban Trick"

Intro
I'm anti-ban.
At the last WA tourney I attended they used MLG rules. I played against Eggz' Meta Knight with my R.O.B.. First round I won on BF, he CP'd me Brinstar (I banned Delphino, knowing he'd go Brinstar, where I can still pull off a win despite it being an annoying stage for R.O.B.). He clutches it, then he bans FD. I really only like to play neutrals out of principle, so I'm left with Smashville and go there. The game times out despite NEITHER OF US WERE TRYING TO TIME EACH OTHER OUT, the rules state % lead is winner, I'm clearly in % lead. But I have 37 ledge grabs... a rule instated because of MK. Win goes to MK because my character gets pressured off stage with Tornado/priority and auto-snaps ledge from long ledge-grab and U-Spec auto-snap. Win goes to............... Meta Knight.

Needless to say I could have been about as salty as a pickle, especially because I hadn't been home after traveling two weeks to MLG Columbus and having to play while suffering from food poisoning, then went up to Seattle instead of going home and getting some rest... but I'd rather mull over what I could have done instead...

Up until now I could develop some clever techniques and strategies to change things next time. But this time I just couldn't get it out of my head that the best thing I could do is.... PLAY META KNIGHT.

But why? That's when I figured out the ultimate evil secret plan to ban Meta Knight... (tongue in cheek, but something to think about regardless)

The Ban Trick
(trickier than the Brick Trick)

The community knows me for being a very smart and logical ANTI-BAN player. I will make the best arguments to keep Meta Knight in this game AND I PLAY R.O.B. -- it will benefit me greatly to see Meta Knight gone! BUT I DON'T LET THAT BIAS GET IN THE WAY: I AM ANTI-BAN!

These rules that the community are instating specifically against Meta Knight are actually hurting EVERYONE BUT META KNIGHT. This is a difficult matchup, but if I can do so well in at least a 60:40 MU (TKD says it's 9:1) then there's no reason for a ban. Right?

But all these planking, scrooging, timing-out, non-competitive counterpick stages that glorify Meta Knight is making me want to pick up Meta Knight!

That's when I realized it... that's the secret to getting Meta Knight banned. The argument against ban is too strong, they need some concrete data to backup the pro-ban argument... Delfino as a starter, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, etc. for counterpicks... the scrubby rules against CGs, the edge-grab rule that secretly is good for Meta Knight... MLG is recording all the data of all the matches (they are especially interested in who is playing Meta Knight). My twin brother, SST1, played Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight but they recorded him ONLY as Meta Knight (other players who used multi-characters were recorded as using those characters, even if it was used only one round in one match).

Meta Knight gone.
M2K works so hard to get where he is... too bad, but I'd like to see your Marth though.
Dojo... maybe back to the dojo to learn how to fight with another character.
Judge? You'll be judging if you want to play this game ever again.
Seibrik? Hope you have a good oddball character like the rest of Florida.
Tearbear? People will be pronouncing it "tear" as in teardrop.
Jem? Going back to Falco most likely... (the character changed a lot from Melee lol)
t1mmy? Good thing you've got such an awesome Kirby... oh wait, it's Kirby... you're screwed.
Zex still has Marth, he's all set... but sorry Sean :^\

Or here's a great idea!
Why don't we stop with all these ridiculous rules that are benefiting Meta Knight? Wins through time-outs, Planking that screws over everyone but MK, and those terrible Counter-pick stages?
Brawl used to be a lot more fun when we just played. No worrying about how many times we grabbed the ledge, how much time we've spent in the air, or if grabbing a second time will DQ you.

Until this is addressed I think I will probably be picking up Meta Knight to play on Delphino, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, etc.
If these terrible rules are not changed then I will help their evil scheme of getting MK banned by playing him. The pro ban movement got lazy because they figure they won the fight, after several attempts and no ban there's no reason to care about it anymore... EVERYONE GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTTS AND HELP GET THIS GAME BACK INTO A BETTER COMPETITIVE EXPERIENCE.

TL;DR
(Toon Link didn't read):

The poor ruleset and the many instances of community-forced rules (not in-game rules!) are the problems for competitive Brawl. Every time you hear someone complaining about the "gayness" of Brawl, the Camping, the Planking, the Scrooging, etc. they are not complaining about the way the game was designed, they are complaining about what our community has made the game into.
Tijuana knows how to make good rules, use their ruleset... 1-stock rematch, no default wins to less %. BiO4 knows good stage rules, don't give Meta Knight 6 stages to choose from and screw over every other character when the MK player bans their only good stage they had a shred of hope on.

Until these rules are out of the system we won't be able to see how MK plays on every other characters' level; until then I am anti-ban. I am pro-ban on bad ruleset, lol.

Let us fight Meta Knight instead of fighting the rules. "

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
after reading a lot of m2k's post, i can see why the whole fiasco is really stupid. he didn't deserve to be banned.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Massive you are 100% completely wrong. With very high consistency, players like chibo and xyro and overswarm and tons of other pro ban members, right after saying he should be banned because of timeouts, or because of stages, they immediately voted in polls TO ban MK and then TO NOT increase timer or ban stages

so we never got enough majority to pass the rules that should have been standard long ago

which are (my ruleset)
10 min
no rainbow or brinstar
35 LGL

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I'll copy paste it for those that are lazy

"The SECRET PLAN on getting Meta Knight banned...
posted to the public at 1:24 PM on Monday Jun 14, 2010
This was originally a very long-winded blog that had too many tangents, so I'm cleaning it up and keeping it REALLY short.
If you want a lighter read, skip the intro which is just there for flavor and start at "The Ban Trick"

Intro
I'm anti-ban.
At the last WA tourney I attended they used MLG rules. I played against Eggz' Meta Knight with my R.O.B.. First round I won on BF, he CP'd me Brinstar (I banned Delphino, knowing he'd go Brinstar, where I can still pull off a win despite it being an annoying stage for R.O.B.). He clutches it, then he bans FD. I really only like to play neutrals out of principle, so I'm left with Smashville and go there. The game times out despite NEITHER OF US WERE TRYING TO TIME EACH OTHER OUT, the rules state % lead is winner, I'm clearly in % lead. But I have 37 ledge grabs... a rule instated because of MK. Win goes to MK because my character gets pressured off stage with Tornado/priority and auto-snaps ledge from long ledge-grab and U-Spec auto-snap. Win goes to............... Meta Knight.

Needless to say I could have been about as salty as a pickle, especially because I hadn't been home after traveling two weeks to MLG Columbus and having to play while suffering from food poisoning, then went up to Seattle instead of going home and getting some rest... but I'd rather mull over what I could have done instead...

Up until now I could develop some clever techniques and strategies to change things next time. But this time I just couldn't get it out of my head that the best thing I could do is.... PLAY META KNIGHT.

But why? That's when I figured out the ultimate evil secret plan to ban Meta Knight... (tongue in cheek, but something to think about regardless)

The Ban Trick
(trickier than the Brick Trick)

The community knows me for being a very smart and logical ANTI-BAN player. I will make the best arguments to keep Meta Knight in this game AND I PLAY R.O.B. -- it will benefit me greatly to see Meta Knight gone! BUT I DON'T LET THAT BIAS GET IN THE WAY: I AM ANTI-BAN!

These rules that the community are instating specifically against Meta Knight are actually hurting EVERYONE BUT META KNIGHT. This is a difficult matchup, but if I can do so well in at least a 60:40 MU (TKD says it's 9:1) then there's no reason for a ban. Right?

But all these planking, scrooging, timing-out, non-competitive counterpick stages that glorify Meta Knight is making me want to pick up Meta Knight!

That's when I realized it... that's the secret to getting Meta Knight banned. The argument against ban is too strong, they need some concrete data to backup the pro-ban argument... Delfino as a starter, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, etc. for counterpicks... the scrubby rules against CGs, the edge-grab rule that secretly is good for Meta Knight... MLG is recording all the data of all the matches (they are especially interested in who is playing Meta Knight). My twin brother, SST1, played Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight but they recorded him ONLY as Meta Knight (other players who used multi-characters were recorded as using those characters, even if it was used only one round in one match).

Meta Knight gone.
M2K works so hard to get where he is... too bad, but I'd like to see your Marth though.
Dojo... maybe back to the dojo to learn how to fight with another character.
Judge? You'll be judging if you want to play this game ever again.
Seibrik? Hope you have a good oddball character like the rest of Florida.
Tearbear? People will be pronouncing it "tear" as in teardrop.
Jem? Going back to Falco most likely... (the character changed a lot from Melee lol)
t1mmy? Good thing you've got such an awesome Kirby... oh wait, it's Kirby... you're screwed.
Zex still has Marth, he's all set... but sorry Sean :^\

Or here's a great idea!
Why don't we stop with all these ridiculous rules that are benefiting Meta Knight? Wins through time-outs, Planking that screws over everyone but MK, and those terrible Counter-pick stages?
Brawl used to be a lot more fun when we just played. No worrying about how many times we grabbed the ledge, how much time we've spent in the air, or if grabbing a second time will DQ you.

Until this is addressed I think I will probably be picking up Meta Knight to play on Delphino, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, etc.
If these terrible rules are not changed then I will help their evil scheme of getting MK banned by playing him. The pro ban movement got lazy because they figure they won the fight, after several attempts and no ban there's no reason to care about it anymore... EVERYONE GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTTS AND HELP GET THIS GAME BACK INTO A BETTER COMPETITIVE EXPERIENCE.

TL;DR
(Toon Link didn't read):

The poor ruleset and the many instances of community-forced rules (not in-game rules!) are the problems for competitive Brawl. Every time you hear someone complaining about the "gayness" of Brawl, the Camping, the Planking, the Scrooging, etc. they are not complaining about the way the game was designed, they are complaining about what our community has made the game into.
Tijuana knows how to make good rules, use their ruleset... 1-stock rematch, no default wins to less %. BiO4 knows good stage rules, don't give Meta Knight 6 stages to choose from and screw over every other character when the MK player bans their only good stage they had a shred of hope on.

Until these rules are out of the system we won't be able to see how MK plays on every other characters' level; until then I am anti-ban. I am pro-ban on bad ruleset, lol.

Let us fight Meta Knight instead of fighting the rules. "
that blog really brings up alot of good points and i do believe most of it...
im not a brawl player, but even i can see the stupidity in making delfino a starter and having gay counterpicks that are only good for MK

Mew2King

King of the Mews
to be completely honest, almost all of them are very biased and are just doing it to get more newbs at tournaments and get rid of tournamnet threats like me and Nairo

it's all about money

since me and nairo are gone, a lot more people can compete for 1st and other top spots, so majority benefits

However.... it doesn't make it right

it just means that that is what is going to happen
and DID happen which makes sense

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
after reading a lot of m2k's post, i can see why the whole fiasco is really stupid. he didn't deserve to be banned.
MK never deserved to be banned. In fact, the link M2K posted makes sense. In hindsight, even though it looked like the rules would hinder MK, it did in fact benefit him more. So I guess MK didn't ban MK, but it was the rules that banned MK. Well, with MK gone, and me with no primary main (MK) to use, I'm pretty much forced back to R.O.B., and possibly someone else.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
the pro ban members of BBR purposely never let me pass the rules I needed to make MK more in check, but instead they did everything in their power to make him as broken as possible

i fully honestly believe it was done on purpose. If you were following the BBR as closely as me you would be able to tell

I almost wish I didn't quit BBR because I want to just go back, and screenshot everything for proof so you all take me seriously because I am being completely serious

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
the pro ban members of BBR purposely never let me pass the rules I needed to make MK more in check, but instead they did everything in their power to make him as broken as possible

i fully honestly believe it was done on purpose. If you were following the BBR as closely as me you would be able to tell

I almost wish I didn't quit BBR because I want to just go back, and screenshot everything for proof so you all take me seriously because I am being completely serious
Well, it's not like I can follow the BBR, as I'm not a member, and don't really know where to go to keep tabs on any updates, assuming threads regarding BBR activities are available outside the Broom.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
In a sense, on EC, it's almost the same as me and nairo being banned for the sake of making it easier for everyone else

anyone who wants to profit or increase their chances of profiting is GOING to support that

The entire basis of Unity is catering to a majority, and while that totally isn't fair AT ALL to do, .... how can we refute that?

we can't.

too much backing

for all the wrong reasons =/

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Stop complaining and wasting time.

Find me more TO's.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

No. You did that. You showcased everyone how to play as gay as possible, but that's not why he's being banned.

He can't be cp'd by any character or to any stage (Literally breaking the cp system), he's over-centralized (Used by everyone other then a select few), wins almost every tourney (Look at John12346's money chart), and he is necessary to use now (Goes again with over-centralization).

And before you say I'm a pro-ban BBR member, I am on the fence. I just would rather cater to the community at this point in time.
:018:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
btw, in case people don't take me seriously as far as Unity catering to a majority

2 hours ago on my allisbrawl profile while me and doom were arguing

he admitted it (he has done this more than just now, but this is a quick example I can show you)

juice.Doom wrote at 2:35 PM on Oct 05, 2011:
1. this is not MY system, I did not create or enforce it and have been in the URC for about 3 hours

2. catering to the majority isn't fair in what universe?

3. LOL quantity is very clearly not the only factor going against MK

read number 2

but that'snot even what it's about

it's about
-everyone is selfish
-more people benefit from him gone than vice versa (BY FAR. But taht is not a legit reason, that's just a selfish reason)
-so he gets banned

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
idk. you probably shouldn't have gone to brinstar or rainbow cruise if you felt that those stages made MK too broken and would possibly eventually lead to his banning. I know, play to win, etc. but still.

Massive

Smash Champion
Massive you are 100% completely wrong. With very high consistency, players like chibo and xyro and overswarm and tons of other pro ban members, right after saying he should be banned because of timeouts, or because of stages, they immediately voted in polls TO ban MK and then TO NOT increase timer or ban stages

so we never got enough majority to pass the rules that should have been standard long ago

which are (my ruleset)
10 min
no rainbow or brinstar
35 LGL
I was not implying that I was right, I was simply stating that the odds of collusion of that many people are pretty unlikely. Your evidence is very compelling though, as was the unanimous decision used to ban MK.

I concede your point, citing great merit in your argument.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Seagull I never thought of it as gay or not I thought of it as a strategic way to win. And I guess my idea was too "broken". I guess I just blame the way brawl was made, but the rules make it SO MUCH EASIER than it would be otherwise under my ruleset (which btw I have spoken with Suinoko and Mr-R about this and they both think it's far better than USA ruleset)

if MK actually DESERVED to be banned that would be one thing, but I know WAY too much more in depth about how the system really works and what is really going on. I understand the full system and I see everyone's real intentions, the way it was tcreated, the way they abuse their power, the way they willingly sacrifice good MK players to leave to get more newbs to enter (very good benefit to non-MK players). It all makes perfect sense, but it is still very messed up that that would have to happen

When i tried to change rules in BBR they always said "why ban the stage when you can ban the character". When I tried to explain how GW Pit and DK were also good at planking they just denied it even after I show videos and get Will himself to agree with me on DK's part, how utd zac beat the best of TX at an anime convention tourney with infinite ledge grabs, no matter anything I give them they just deny it and use the excuse "stop making rules around MK, just get rid of the character" when it's not, and just shows how badly they personally want him gone

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I mean, I'd find less stages and more defined rules a good idea because I don't mind keeping :metaknight: legal, but when every :metaknight: opts to use rules to time people out (35 is still too much) and he has auto win stages (Rc/Brinstar) it becomes ridiculous (Aka USA's ruleset). I'd rather use TKD's ruleset.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
No. You did that. You showcased everyone how to play as gay as possible, but that's not why he's being banned.
Pretty much. if you knew your character was close to being banned in the first place, you shouldn't have put your self in a situation to help the opposing side's argument imo lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Seagull 100000000% serious, The BBR purposely made the rules that way so that they could have an excuse to ban MK

the pro ban members did it that way on PURPOSE so that he would very highly likely be banned in the future

if pro banners from BBR actually cared about the balance of the game, they wouldn't have done that

I was trying to make the game as good as possible

I think I could make far better, and more balanced rulesets that is good for EVERYONE, better than that entire room can combined

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Aren't there other characters who can play really gay too? I mean, maybe not as in-you-face type of gay as MK, but gay nonetheless? I mean, I hear Wario can play pretty gay too. Just a thought.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It's amusing that "brokenness" is supposed to be the measure of overcentralization, and now it's become its own thing separate from the concept. It just shows you how far people will go to justify scrubbiness.
This. I wish people could distinguish between a character being really good, and a character being overused. Sure, the two are related in that a good character will be used, but one does not necessarily prove the other.

Btw, you and Smooth Criminal are very good, intelligent posters. Just saying. =)

I guess from that chart you could determine he had

*puts on shades*

number johns.

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I laughed so hard when I read this. AMAZING.

I would like you all to read this blog t0mmy made OVER A YEAR AGO - http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=73157
I read it, and I agree with pretty much everything there. Seems like rules were put in place to make MK as broken as possible, just to ban him. It's conspiracy theory, essentially, but it makes sense.

While it may be easy to paint this as an intentional scenario leading to a ban of MK and subsequently M2K from brawl, it is very likely that those involved were not directly aware of what their decisions were leading to.

I recommend a liberal application Hanlon's razor here, considering the collective age and maturity levels of the aforementioned brawl community: never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
This as well. There were probably a LOT of uninformed opinions being waved around here. Like choknater, I've really come around on this issue after reading so many of M2K's posts. This whole thing is quite shady, and unfair to the MK mains. Catering to the majority is not fair SIMPLY BECAUSE they are the majority. There have to be more reasons that that.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I don't want NOR BELIEVE I SHOULD HAVE to play other characters. And other MK mains shouldn't have to either. He does not deserve to be banned. The way everything was done was horrible.

@ shroudedone - If I summarize it by saying that, most Brawl players are just out for their own personal interests, would you believe me? Because I swear that it is true, especially in that community a lot more than the melee one is by far

CableCho57

Smash Lord
I feel like argueing with the urc or bbr on forums via posts is to difficult

since almost all the members will be at apex, there should be a live discussion about this where both sides can make thier claims. just a thought

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Seagull 100000000% serious, The BBR purposely made the rules that way so that they could have an excuse to ban MK

the pro ban members did it that way on PURPOSE so that he would very highly likely be banned in the future

if pro banners from BBR actually cared about the balance of the game, they wouldn't have done that

I was trying to make the game as good as possible

I think I could make far better, and more balanced rulesets that is good for EVERYONE, better than that entire room can combined
Well the BBR doesn't have an effect on the rules currently. The URC does, but I don't know how it used to be. I'm only a more "recent" member.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Discussions don't matter dude! All that matters is what people have the power

I'll summarize it

1) most people want MK banned BEACUSE MOST PEOPLE DONT PLAY MK. Him being banned means they are benefitted.

is this likely to happen? yes, because of numbers (all that truely matters)
is that fair? no, but unfortunately, that doesn't matter AT ALL

2) after failing to ban MK in the BBR 6 times, a few of them went to the BBR-RC (brawl back room ruleset committee, before the name got changed to unity ruleset committee) and tried to ban him again. They used the excuse that it's not the BBR (because TECHNICALLY it isn't, but ITS WORSE, BECAUSE THEY ARE EVEN MORE BIASED MEMBERS IN THERE. All pro banners). So they had another vote, and since the majority is backing them, they can get away with it easily.

it's about numbers and abuse of power, nothing else

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I read it, and I agree with pretty much everything there. Seems like rules were put in place to make MK as broken as possible, just to ban him. It's conspiracy theory, essentially, but it makes sense.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, I wanted to main him after seeing how fun his playstyle is. While I didn't like the notion that he's the most dominant character, it isn't something I'd ban him for. Like I said, I think people just got tired of seeing the name "Meta Knight" and wanted to be done with him as legitimately-looking as possible. Am I wrong? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?

Pic related.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
The sad part is it will probably never change because of a Majority backing. Numbers are seriously alll that ****ing matter, since everyone's vote is equal

but even if that somehow happened, URC members still have their own self interests. Example Xyro (LOTS of them back there but he's the easiest example) no matter WHAT you say to him, he will never change his mind, even if it was 80:20 in vote percentages to keep him legal

those people have the power now, with majority backing, so the only way to have MK at tournaments is to host MK-legal events, or fully give into unity. Changing it, realistically, is 99.999999% likely to never happen (regarding the MK issue)

edit - when I say changing it, I mean changing "Unity"

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The sad part is it will probably never change because of a Majority backing. Numbers are seriously alll that ****ing matter, since everyone's vote is equal

but even if that somehow happened, URC members still have their own self interests. Example Xyro (LOTS of them back there but he's the easiest example) no matter WHAT you say to him, he will never change his mind, even if it was 80:20 in vote percentages to keep him legal

those people have the power now, with majority backing, so the only way to have MK at tournaments is to host MK-legal events, or fully give into unity. Changing it, realistically, is 99.999999% likely to never happen (regarding the MK issue)

edit - when I say changing it, I mean changing "Unity"
Then why not host MK-enabled tourneys. I mean, sure, your tourney won't be stickied, or have any sponsors or things like that, but if it's the only way to play MK in a tournament, then so be it. I mean, it's not like you HAVE to abide by the Unity ruleset.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Because in tristate, we have Chibo, Cheese, Vinnie, Mav, and now Keitaro (who said he doesn't care either way but wants to back what the majority of tournaments will do) that are all going to have him banned. Possibly more.

The only 2 I know that are against this, are D1 and Jtails. That doesn't give a lot of tournaments to go to anymore.

(also if you meant me host, then LOL no one would go dude, people don't like giving me money because i've ***** tristate for past 3+ years)

if anything, honestly, people want me to not attend events (in tristate anyway, when I go OOS it seems to be the opposite but that's probably just because people want to play me)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
M2k, would you mind making writeups on the stages to show how MK makes them bannable?
I'm pro-ban, but for different reasons than what the URC argued. I always believed banning stages were bad ideas if they were legitimate.

I also don't like the idea of forming our stage list and CP system around MK if it ends up hurting others. How will we prevent this?
I really wanted to implement the 10 minute timer and some other stuff before considering banning MK again, but the sudden announcement of the ban was shocking to say the least.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@ shroudedone - If I summarize it by saying that, most Brawl players are just out for their own personal interests, would you believe me? Because I swear that it is true, especially in that community a lot more than the melee one is by far
I can believe it simply by the way that people are: self-interested. But that self-interest is not a valid reason for banning the character. When considering whether or not a character should be banned, you have to look at his attributes as a character, what he can and cannot do, and what tools exist to stop him. Him "being gay" or "over-centralizing" shouldn't come up in discussion because those have nothing to do with his qualities as a character.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
(also if you meant me host, then LOL no one would go dude, people don't like giving me money because i've ***** tristate for past 3+ years)

if anything, honestly, people want me to not attend events (in tristate anyway, when I go OOS it seems to be the opposite but that's probably just because people want to play me)
Ever considered maybe trying to ninja yourself in a tourney? Just a thought.

With that, I shall bid adieu. I gotta help a friend move a couch, so I shall see you guys later.

Ciao.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
In genearl it's opinion but I just think the high number of different changing lava patterns really adds too big of an element of "pseudo-randomness" to the game. Rainbow cruise i honestly do not have a strong argument for banning. My argument for banning that stage is weaker than any other argument that I could give for anything else I can think of brawl related that I know. I just think it's a gay stages, where if you aren't using one of a select group of characters then you are heavily disadvantaged. I'm also for banning brinstar and RC both in melee. I think if one character is super overpowered on a stage like that, then the stage should go. I honestly don't see why this is so bad, especially since tons of Fox stages used to be legal in melee. I even remember at Pound1, Peach's castle was legal, and I fought chu's ice climbers there after losing on a neutral, and i ***** HIM REALLY BADLY that game, only because of how dumb Fox is on that stage. So yeah if you'd rather ban MK than ban rainbow cruise then idk what to say =/ that is how a lot of people say, but I honestly feel most of them are saying it just because they would rather see MK go for their own personal interests.

Top Bottom