• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes you rage?

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
G&W's smashes aren't particularly hard to avoid. In fact, I even find them hard to land due to how close he has to be to use them.

What makes me rage is Falco's Lasers and Reflector. Also level 9's that reflect projectiles no matter how randomly you throw them out.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yeah, Level 9 CPUs already have an advantage in the fact that they respond according to your button inputs, so you can't really mindgame them, and that's a real problem. Of course, CPUs aren't programmed to mindgame opponents, so that's where they become easy to beat... most of the time, anyway.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
inescapable chaingrabs make me rage as well as escapable chain grabs. Oh wait, almost everyone in brawl has a CG. GG brawl. *goes back to melee*

Blissard

Smash Lord
inescapable chaingrabs make me rage as well as escapable chain grabs. Oh wait, almost everyone in brawl has a CG. GG brawl. *goes back to melee*
That would've been funny, except that:
1) Barely any Brawl characters have CGs
2) There's a bunch of CGs in Melee as well
3) So therefore, the post doesn't really make much sense

TurnOneWrath

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Level 9 CPUs already have an advantage in the fact that they respond according to your button inputs, so you can't really mindgame them, and that's a real problem.
This may be a little silly at this point, but I have always thought myself a little crazy when I would think, "they know what I am pushing." I would think it, and then dismiss it as hogwash.
Are they really doing this? They know what I am pushing?

Of course, CPUs aren't programmed to mindgame opponents, so that's where they become easy to beat... most of the time, anyway.
That's my only beef with the level settings of the CPU's. They don't necessarily "play" any better, they just come at you more often and more mindlessly.
I know that if I stand under a platform, they will drop down and run straight into an upsmash. Always.

Blissard

Smash Lord
This may be a little silly at this point, but I have always thought myself a little crazy when I would think, "they know what I am pushing." I would think it, and then dismiss it as hogwash.
Are they really doing this? They know what I am pushing?
Yep, Lv 9's can read your button inputs.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
SDs thanks to Online Lag mostly. Also mistakes makes me upset sometimes.

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
Brawl wifi.

It makes me rage even when I win. Serious. It's so stupid.
Agreed, it throws timing off, and makes you appear worse than you actually are...one of the reasons i quit tonight. im getting juggled and when i try to attack back during a space I KNOW is enough time to perform the attack, it lags and im hit again...

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
losing when you had a huge advantage

only bothers me in tournament sets, so no one here can relate

:009:
Also agree, because when i have the advantage and still lose i KNOW i should have won.... it makes me question my ability and i know im not bad at Smash...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Something that makes me rage... let's see. Ah, yes:

Though nothing too bad, more than it's dreadfully annoying, are people who talk stupidly during a Brawl. An example include my opponent is a Yoshi player and spams eggs. He/she hits me with the eggs and starts saying "how do you like that?"/"Have some more eggs!"/"Take that, punk!", etc.. What's worse, is when the person isn't exactly that much of a challenge in Brawl. Actually, I don't like smack-talking in general, but if one can smack-talk and actually back it up, then there isn't much one can really do or say about it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Brawl wifi.

It makes me rage even when I win. Serious. It's so stupid.
^^^ preeetty much that. The hardly customizable rulesets, the lag, the time it takes to get into a match, all disappointing.

Oh and olimars grab. His pivot grab is better then yoshis. ;~;

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
^^^ preeetty much that. The hardly customizable rulesets, the lag, the time it takes to get into a match, all disappointing.

Oh and olimars grab. His pivot grab is better then yoshis. ;~;
Olimar's grabs are better than everyones. What's worse, is that his grbs are considered tether grabs, meaning his grab has the least lag out of all characters with tether grabs. Yeah, it's fair to say that Olimar in general can make a person rage.

Life

Smash Hero
1. People that don't know how to take a loss
2. People that don't know how to take a win
3. Scrubbery (in this case, the "these are the rules because these have been the rules and we like 'em" variety)
4. SONIC IZ TEH LOW TIREZ
5. My area having very few tournaments, yet also being surrounded by areas 2-4 hours out that have more frequent ones
6. Tripping
7. "LOLz Bawrl iz terrbel melle 4 lyf", particularly when it's posted on a Melee combo video and gets 60+ thumbs-ups
8. People who spam smilies, like this :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:
9. Wifi lag
10. Characters like Link and Samus getting nerfed needlessly in Brawl (though don't mistake this for #7)
11. :metaknight:, not so much as a character but because of the stupid rules he apparently necessitates (LGL/airtime/etc.) and the constant bickering over whether to ban him, limit him, limit EVERYONE so we can limit him without setting a bad precedent, or leave him alone
12. Lists with a strange length

\/aarsivius

Smash Cadet
That *** Jiggs that wouldn't stop taunting
People that are better than me
People that use Ganon
People that use Zelda
People that use Link
Falcons that base their attacks on his PAWNCH
People that use Snake

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
I never "rage" per se, but I do get upset at the following:

-Lag.

-Being completely destroyed in a match.

-Making a noobish mistake by pressing the wrong button.

-Being in a slump (going through a few days of sucking at Brawl).

-Modesty. People who owned me or put up a good fight and say they weren't that good.

-Disrespectful Smashers, though I haven't really run into any that much; only like two through my whole life.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hate being shield grabbed, which can happen numerous times in Brawl; those CPUs perform it much better than even the best Brawl players, due to their unpredictable movements.

At least in Melee, shield grabs are uncommon to see by CPUs, but dash grabs can be quite abundant for certain characters.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
People who use a person's wi-fi performance as a way to measure their skill in Brawl, as if wi-fi experience is the same as offline. No, just no! ><

Blissard

Smash Lord
What's worse, is that his grbs are considered tether grabs, meaning his grab has the least lag out of all characters with tether grabs.
Naw it's not considered a tether grab actually. He has the longest non-tether grab though. But his grab runs along the ground, meaning it can't grab characters in the air (I wonder why the Peach MU is 40-60 for Olimar o.o ), and Olimar's actual tether (Up-B) fails, as all tethers do.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Naw it's not considered a tether grab actually. He has the longest non-tether grab though. But his grab runs along the ground, meaning it can't grab characters in the air (I wonder why the Peach MU is 40-60 for Olimar o.o ), and Olimar's actual tether (Up-B) fails, as all tethers do.
I find it odd there is a lot of debate on Peach and Olimar myself. I see many say the match is even while just as many say it is 60: 40 as you said Olimar's favor. Peach has an easy time killing off Olimar's Pikmin. I looked at both character's MU charts to see what each side had to say. I fought deadly Olimars but to me it is even. I'm just throwing a quick money chip onto the table. What would you think it is based when you play these match ups Blissard?

Blissard

Smash Lord
I said it was a disadvantage, 40-60, lol. It used to be one of Olimar's worst MU's along with MK, Weegee, and Falco, but it's gotten better since then.

Olimar is infamous for camping. At the most basic, he simply:
-throws pikmin to accumulate damage
-alternates fsmash/grab (combos at low %) to space

Now, for Olimar's main flaws, and Peach takes advantage of every one:

-OLIMAR'S MAIN PROBLEM IS LACK OF PRIORITY! Yes, it's more of a problem than his recovery. Olimar's pikmin have hurtboxes, meaning Peach's high-priority aerials are very safe to use against him. Actually, nearly everything out-prioritizes him. But anyway, Nair and Bair are quick, safe, and get rid of Pikmin against Oli. Peach's Dair is terrific for approaching (if used correctly, or it can otherwise be Usmashed Oos).

-YOU MUST RECOVER! No, Olimar sucks at recovering. Because Oli uses a tether recovery, Peach can edge-hog him infinitely when he goes offstage. Peach is already terrific at edge-guarding, but if Olimar tethers a ledge, and a character is edge-hogging, it will knock the character off the ledge, BUT IT WON'T GRAB ON! Meaning Oli falls and dies.

-Olimar's grab runs along the ground: meaning Peach can safely approach Olimar, pressuring Oli with continous, head-on aerials.

-Olimar's Fastest Move Takes 4 Frames : Peach's Jab is only 2 Frames: Peach will jab at Olimar every chance she gets to. Oli has nearly no safe options (if not none at all) to defend against her jab > grab/jab 2.

Edit: Wow I wasted a lot of time on that.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I find it odd there is a lot of debate on Peach and Olimar myself. I see many say the match is even while just as many say it is 60: 40 as you said Olimar's favor. Peach has an easy time killing off Olimar's Pikmin. I looked at both character's MU charts to see what each side had to say. I fought deadly Olimars but to me it is even. I'm just throwing a quick money chip onto the table. What would you think it is based when you play these match ups Blissard?
The only decent olimar player in florida was fearless and I heard he quit.

Wifi doesn't count olimar is like 10000x better on it.

I just came to say hi to blissy.

HI BLISSY

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Things that make me rage:

Pit's "You're not ready yet!" and Sonic's "You're too slow!". Pikachu spamming Thundershock, not because the move is annoying, but because of the constant "Pikachu! Pikachu! Pikachu!"... I also hate Pikachu in general, which exacerbates this.

Staz

Smash Lord
"panic mode" makes me rage. I hate it when you are down a stock and you focus on nothing but the kill, most the time they out smart me because that is all I'm focusing at. I need to get better at it. Need to be more patient lol most of you guys know what I'm talking about.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
"panic mode" makes me rage. I hate it when you are down a stock and you focus on nothing but the kill, most the time they out smart me because that is all I'm focusing at. I need to get better at it. Need to be more patient lol most of you guys know what I'm talking about.
I have a couple of friends like that. They're good player but when they're behind a stock they worry too much on KOing than anything else and stale their KO moves and make mistakes that are easy to punish.

Top Bottom