• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'd probably say Competetive-Hardcore. I do find myself always finding things that need work in my tactics and working to correct them, and practicing to push my limits and make myself better, something I've noticed most of the people I play with don't do so much. And I would definitely stick with Smash no matter where they take the next one! :)

patman0016

Smash Rookie
I'm a hardcore/ casual smasher. I play for fun with my friends who aren't that good and play seriously with all the techniques I know against my friends who play the game at tournament level.

Anther Starr

Smash Rookie
I may consider myself a Casual/Hardcore combo. I may play for a couple of minutes after school, but if there is any tournament in sight, then I play vigorously and play defensively. Though, I really love 2 v. 2 battles, only because there is more coordination (In my opinion at least).

xTNTx

Smash Rookie
I'm somewhere between casual and competitive. I usually like to play on tournament stages, no items, against Lv. 9s {Wifi is laggy right now, and no one to play with that's near my skill} to test my skill, but I also will play matches on stages like 75m with Items on High. I do not hate playing totally random matches. Actually whenver I have friends that come over my house, that's mostly what we play. Random stage, Items on high. I play to have fun, but at the same time try to get better. I also hope to go to tournaments soon, if I can figure out where they're held.

Pwned

Smash Rookie
I consider myself a decent smasher, im pretty good in Brawl even though I just got the game and my new Wii about a month ago. I've unlocked all the characters, unlocked a pretty decent amount of trophies and songs so far, finished subspace emissary (oh just as a side comment, great job to the creation of The Great Maze! As frustrating to finish it may of been I loved how you had to wander around everywhere). I also am pretty darn good in just brawling, my brother, who is a pro at the game always destroys me, but I've been getting better and have experianced those slowly increasing rare moments where I actually beat him 1 on 1 a bit more often recently. I've also won a lot of matches online in both team and singular, cant remember losing any but I know I must of lost some since there are people out there who are amazing at this game :)

SmashBrosKing1987

Smash Rookie
I would land under Hardcore/Competitive myself. I love melee and still happen to find time to play it but it really is no fun if you have no competition. I probably play smash way to much I've put over 1,600 hours of my life into that flippin game LoL! I love smash, but finding competition around here is slim/none. If anyone reads this and you live in southern california leme know so we can play some smash.

Kommunist Karl

Smash Rookie
I feel that I am a Competitive player in the sense that I always play to better myself. I enjoy it so much so that I actually like losing because that means I have an opportunity to improve. However, I am also a casual player because I believe that just getting together with friends and smashing is fun regardless of the outcome whether I win or lose or even trip (which I find to be hilarious) its all just good fun.

I'm also hardcore because Brawl could kill my dog and all it would have to do is show me Luigi's up taunt and I would be enamored with it than ever before

degreekelvin

Smash Rookie
Honestly I'd have to rank myself as casual. I'd love to step up to the competitive level, although there are no tournaments in my area : (

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Definitely casual, although, like degreekelvin, I would like to go to tournaments. I've got the same problems. My area is devoid of any REAL entertainment in general -_-

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I believe I am a competivie hardcore smasher!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd love to be in some kind of tournament! I was only at one, and it was held at my school...(it was crazy awesome)

Yabuki Shingo

Smash Rookie
That was an awesome speech.
I can't believe how correct you are!
Anyway, it seems I fall in EVERY category except for non-smasher. I play for fun, to be the best, to compete, I follow the Smash Bros and for me it doesn't matter the items, stage, nor even the strenght of my character but how I like him!
Casual? I play for fun! To have time with my friends!
Competitive? I play to be the best always going better and better!
Pro? Maybe not in every tournaments that there is in my city because I CAN'T! (I need more time really...) But all the year we train to compete on the 2-each-year-tournament of our city.
Hardcore? OH MAN! When a friend heard "no wave-dash, lag-cancel, characters nerfed..." He was almost dying! Me? I was thinking:
"Cool! Which new strategies should I use!?"

Certainly just cool!

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
I'm a pretty competitive player, but I'd place myself in between the Casual and Competitive Smasher categories. As soon as I get a Wii (and most definitely Brawl), I expect that to change.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yea, I agree with just about everything you said but, the type your referring to that sucks the fun out, is a hardcore scrub. which may seem a bit skewed but they definitely exist.

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
I'd say I fall into the Hardcore-Competitive slot; competitive because I'm always trying to better myself with the characters I main, and Hardcore because I try to find glitches in order to do so sometimes.

Ikepwnsyou

Smash Cadet
casual or competitive?

I dont know what to consider myself. I really just play for fun, but while im doing it i always look at the way im playing and try to fix it it. Ive never been in a tourney, and i never really practice daily. I guess im a casual-competitive smasher ^_^:laugh:

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
Im hardcore and competitive smasher. Just cuz, i love to Smash my friends no matter how as long as its fair (no items, sry) and pure out cockiness, conceitedness and sheer skills i guess. And seeing that look "OMG THATS CRAZY" or "WTF!?WHO GOT PWNED?" or "REMATCH FOO" - is just too good.

But i honestly dont mind playing with items, cuz some cheap, fun, crazy or sometimes unfair things can happen whenever items are on. Team Battles aswell, w/ or w/o items are always fun.

Nice thread btw.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I don't believe I fall under any of those categories, considering that I'm a female gamer, and most people are like WTF you shouldn't be a smasher at all. Anyways, I know it isn't a choice, but I consider myself a spontaneous smasher. It all really depends on who you are dueling. Everyone says that my fighting style changes everytime I fight them, even if I were to use the same character. I go with the flow of the battle, I've no need for gimmicks or stale strategies. But it appears I am going a little off-topic, but then again, who doesn't? XD

Jo3y

Smash Cadet
Depends what I'm feeling like really, I have very good skills but mostly when i play my friends I'll throw caution to the wind and just flip out with my falcon or BOWSER. provides most laughs. although if one of my mates challenges my superiority it's time for marth or fox to put them back in their place... (talking bout' melee btw)

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I'm the type of smasher that waits for the chance to grab and perform some combos with my Ice Climbers.

Just an expert here.

Unknown17

Smash Ace
For me..depends on the person im up agaisnt...i could be competitive...n with some i can be hardcore...n in a way depends on what im feeling too...

Top Bottom