• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
kirbykid, if everyone could have that mindset i think there would be much much less arguements about how smash should be played and brawl vs. melee and what ever else there could be
personally i agree with you 100% and i'm very glad i found this thread
every smasher or non-smasher, (if they decided to play) has the right to play the game how ever he/she wants
it just annoys me when people start telling others what to do because no ones forcing you to play a certain way or with certain people
so thank you for this thread kirbykid.... 1000000respect points

edit:oh and i consider myself to be an ex-non-smasher, casual-competitive-hardcore player hoping to go pro =]

Sinstra

Smash Rookie
I play competitively but consider myself a hardcore fan because ill always play no matter what happens to the series.

But from whats happening, i dont see any problems and cant wait for brawl!

KhoolAde

Smash Rookie
I have loved the game since it came out on the 64. i remeber when i first saw news on it my jaw dropped and there was nothing else in the world that i wanted more...not even my own snowboard or unicycle. i begged and pleaded for my dad to hook me up with some money for it...he didn't so i asked my grandma instead....hahah grandma loves her little special. Anyways the fact that since the 64 version i have HAD to own smash bros i would consider myself a hardcore player. on Sunday mornings I would bring my Gamecube to the ice skating rink i worked at and would challange hockey kids on the little tvs that were supposed to have hockey on them.

Since i have been playing the smash bros series i have always tried to make myself better, putting the computer on 3 vs me level 9 and just trying to survive was pretty much what i would end up doing after my friends got tired of playing against me. With brawl coming out i am really interested to see what i can do with some of the new characters mostly diddy i am pretty intrigued by what his movements and attacks will be like.

But i am also a casual player in the fact that when friends are over playing i will scale it back and just try to have fun while playing the game...heck it is one of the funniest games evAr!!!111 I would at times play classic mode on Melee on very hard just for fun but that wasn't really too often, most fun comes from playing against the other people. I've never played in a tournament but i would guess i could do pretty good and i would love to find one around here and try it out, see where i would rank against some random other players.

I am just looking forward to being able to play people that are not my circle of friends so i can see how truly in denail i am about my talents.

Popuri

Smash Apprentice
Smash>any fighting game IMO

smash is made of win

It totally destroyes all other fighting games and it isnt even one... its a action platformer? Its like a SUPER fightng game or something... too good. (i was a bit annoyed at the nerfing of the SUPER when it comes to Brawl but I'm sooo still buying it...)

I play with casuals but am compettitive, it gets pretty awkward but I like the fact that they dont spam FD.

excellent thread

ChadWordern

Smash Rookie
In the way you describe it, i'm a casual gamer. I really don't care about "Tourneytactics", as long as i use what's in the game at MAX.

InSaNiTy

Smash Cadet
Its all about playing for fun with friends and when its time to tourney i love the change in feel when I play my friends =)

Replayability in Brawl = 234560389476903867309464967304896730489673094687

Mike87

Smash Ace
Its all about playing for fun with friends and when its time to tourney i love the change in feel when I play my friends =)

Replayability in Brawl = 234560389476903867309464967304896730489673094687
you missed a few numbers.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
Hardcore Casual because I can... I've always played with my friends and never thought about the tournament scene until recently. I do want to step up to Competitive Player one of these days though.

BlackskullB

Smash Rookie
I guess I'd fall in the Competitive/Hardocre Smasher ^^
I got this game when it first came out in 1999 ^^
I want to be the best in Smash I can ever be, and every day I play the game to hone my skills =D
So yeah XD

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
I am going to have to combine CAASUAL and HARDCORE. That definitely explains me. I will stick with Smash thick and thin no matter what happens to the games because it is THE BEST game EVER. And I am always playing it and I am always trying to get better

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
I am going to have to combine CASUAL and HARDCORE. That definitely explains me. I will stick with Smash thick and thin no matter what happens to the games because it is THE BEST game EVER. And I am always playing it and I am always trying to get better

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
well im a bit of a casual and hardcore smasher.

its like i play smash constantly, but im not one thats gonna play with marth or fox on final d with no items wavedashing across the screen

ill play with who i like an i play with items in competitive free-for-alls or 2v2s, by competitive i mean we dont play noobish but no where near pro level. we'll play any level with whoever we want for the sake of havin a fun time
once i start playin pros and hardcore style, i lose the main reason why i play smash, for fun. i mean in free for alls i find myself laughing thru the entire match, in pro matches, even if im winning, im not laughing or feelin good or anythin

now not to knock pros, if u wanna be marth or fox an play hardcore, thats cool do what u wanna do

but me, i prefer to play for fun instead of for competition

Dark Crimson

Smash Apprentice
I'm a hardcore smasher, since Smash is the best game I've ever experienced playing. I was obsessed with SB64 as soon as it came out, played it all through childhood. Then Melee came out and I played that for a really long time. After a few years of that I learned about all the pros, and began working to become one myself. Even if Brawl was a downgrade from Melee in every way I'd buy it.

Remian

Smash Rookie
Definetly hardcore. Now that I'm Online the world can get a taste of what I'm about...

Wtfhaxxorz

Smash Rookie
Hardcore.
Since Brawl's out, I've been concentrating on that more than anything else.
But I've only had it for a day so...

Duker

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Hardcore-Casual Smasher =) .

Items FTW!

Tough I do understand why they aren't part of tournaments.

NightmareLink

Smash Rookie
I would indeed put myself as a competative/ hardcore player. I love the game win or lose, i love haveing fun. but i dont like to lose and will do my best to make sure i dont . i dont go overboard and try to exploit every single little glitch there is. I just play hard but still have fun

exo5

Smash Rookie
I wouldnt say I am "hardcore" Although I have racked up 25 of a possible 47 hours playing hours of Brawl as of 11pm last night.

Im would say Im a Perfectionist Once I chose a char I play with them and train constantly. I will always be an inferior player tho....It makes me feel like Rock Lee in a way.

7thFonon

Smash Apprentice
Casual, I used to be hardcore/competitive in melee, but I got more frustrated rather than actually having any fun at all. So yeah, I just play for the hell of it.

Marth117

Smash Cadet
Competitive/Hardcore Smasher

That was the best thing I have read. No Kidding. I play Melee and try to find a way to kill all my weakness (since my rival and I are very even matched Marth v. Zelda.)
I wonder what my friends are.
But kuddos to you Kirbykid.

StephDaSquirtle

Smash Rookie
I play for fun....I SOMETIMES get competitive....but I usually dont. If I lose, oh well xD

I play with the cute, weak, light, fast characters.
Maybe THATS why I lose...

nah...Squirtle is really good suprisingly :B

Kumori

Smash Apprentice
I don't fit into either.

I have fun getting better, I also play a lot of high items on temple with my brother. I also sandbag a lot, because I think it's hilarious.

franman

Smash Rookie
That's a tough question for me. I've played previous Smash Bros casually; however, I got so involved with the Soul Calibur community that through many practices with local tourney players it changed my views on how I should play competitive games.

I got Brawl just two days ago and I'm still playing it after a long retirement from it's predecessor, but I'm not sure whether I'll be playing this game competitively as I will for Soul Calibur.

jimmy4265

Smash Rookie
Competitive-Hardcore

I dont think I am good enough (yet) to be considered to be pro at Smash Bros, but with a little practice, I think I can be.

I want to be the best at watever I do, so I will analyze my smash game if only to completely pwn my friends when we get together for a good ol'fashioned smash bros + pizza + chips party.

However, I dont think that I will ever join a tournament, though.

jimmy4265

Smash Rookie
Competitive-Hardcore:confused:

I dont think I am good enough (yet) to be considered to be pro at Smash Bros, but with a little practice, I think I can be.

I want to be the best at watever I do, so I will analyze my smash game if only to completely pwn my friends when we get together for a good ol'fashioned smash bros + pizza + chips party:psycho:.

However, I dont think that I will ever join a tournament, though.

Top Bottom