• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
I'm definately competitive/hardcore. I play for fun but love bettering myself and learning new things. And then my hardcore side is just my love for all smash games :)

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
I definitely fall under the competitive smasher category but only maybe halfway (if it's even possible, lol) into the hardcore.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
I've been casual-competitive since melee (usually without items but no real ATs) but recently I've moved into more competitive. My friends and I still have fun FFAs every now and then but we're all learning more ATs and getting more and more competitive. Hoping to go to a tourney soon and test out mah skills >_>;;;

Mean2U

Smash Cadet
I'm casual-competitive. I play to win and have fun! And whatever happened to items anyway?

RandomThundah

Smash Rookie
Nicely organized and agree with everything written. I hate it when people whine and complain or insult a better player because they're not at their skill lv or just because they don't want to put in the time or effort to get better so in an attempt to make themselves feel better they feel it necessary to degrade or put down a fellow smasher.

CharonxD

Smash Rookie
Well, I want to play competitevly in the near future(like going to some national tourneys e.g.) but I try using Techskill(Melee :p) when playing with friends.
And I'm a very agressive Smasher :]

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Love how you put it that way :D

I'm a Casual-Hardcore smasher and sliiiightly Competitive when i want to be.

Feng Shui

Smash Cadet
Competitive with just a splash of casual left.

I've got a few friends (those I play most with) who are pretty hardcore and will disect frame data, movesets, counterpicks, etc. with me. Then I've got a few who play about once a week and still enjoy turning on items or playing time limits with 300% starting damage (which, in all actuality, is good practice for endgame :p).

P.S. Hi Smashboards! This is my first time posting, though I've been lurking in the shadows for a while. Nice to meet you all :).

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
I enjoy a challenge fighting good players win or lose give me a good fight that I can enjoy and thats good enough for me. However not to good that I can't get a single attack off I mean whats so fun about be slaughtered. lol

praja

Smash Rookie
Your opinion on Competitve players?

* They play the game with no disadvantages, and with no items most of the time. I don't consider them to be any better than a person that doesn't use Wavedashing or hidden techniques though.
* They play to their full potential with no interuptions. They use techniques that mostly takes a lot of practice to do, and are considered to be above the average smasher.
* They need to enjoy items, and other modes more. If they consider themselves Competitve and Pro, why can't they try and get good with items?

Whats your viewpoint so far on the progress of Super Smash Brothers Brawl?

* I think they're taking it a bit to far with so many assist trophies, and items. I really hope they have a function to turn off smashball.
* Looks great!
* Awesome. Its going to be enjoyed by both casual and competitve players!
=================
eboard
Closet Organizer System

Kaiser6012

Smash Cadet
Definitely a hardcore/casual with pro aspirations. Not very many tournaments in Australia, so I'm waiting until May for the next one in Brisbane. But I play to improve and improving myself is fun - as I achieve my potential, I gain a sense of satisfaction from it. That's where I get fun.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I'm a competitive smasher. That describes me perfectly.

I have no desire to become pro, but if I eventually end up at a pro level, it would not be because that was my specific goal. My only goal in playing this game is to have a lot of fun with myself and others in competitive play while learning new things along the way. If I'm not learning more about the game as I play, I'm not having fun because if there is nothing left to learn in a fun game then some of its motivation has run its course. If I'm not enjoying myself with others, I'm not having fun because it's still primarily a game about appreciating a recreational experience, not a lifestyle about analyzing spreadsheets of tactics. =)

BurnBurn

Smash Apprentice
I'm casually competitive and somewhat hardcore.

I'll play any smash game no matter what happens to it. Because smash is a fun pasttime Though, as a habit, I want to get better at these type of games.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
People who think professional competitive players are no better than regular casual players, and can't play items are incredibly mistaken. I've played something like 8 years now of competitive smash and played around the globe, gaining 'pro' status at MLG blah blah...point is I love good bout of item matches and weird and whacky rule-sets both in and out of the games options. I can assure you also that it's not uncommon.

I also promise you no-one will defeat a competitive player without using some form of advanced technique. This is especially true for Melee.

jhorx123

Smash Rookie
im training ganon so i can be a pro or expert , but id wanna be a boring brawler. maybe it wouldnt hurt for some play aroung matches or just use some hax XD

R-Lee

Smash Rookie
I completely agree with basically everything you said and I am a competitive Brawler

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
I for myself am a competitive brawler,trying to get better all the time,but when there is more than two of us it turns more to casual play. But actually I am aiming for expert using some pro stuff (when you consider D3's chaingrab and other stuff as pro)

ShadowSqueak

Smash Rookie
I'm mostly a hardcore smasher, always taking enemies out quickly. Course then once my %age gets over 120, I go defensive and try to keep out of angry peoples way:)

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
First Post! Awesome! :D

Anywho, I'd classify myself as a hardcore competetive player. Obviously, the purpose of video games is to have fun, and with that in mind, I find that i have the most fun by winning, especially in close matches. I'm ultra-competitive, but not at the expense of fun. I've never participated in a tournament, so the only people I can play with are my brother and the occasional friend. So I guess I'm not as good as I could be, just because I pwn pretty much everyone I play (which isn't saying much), so I can't find places to get better, you know? So, yeah, Hardcore Competetive. I main Kirby, and also use Zelda/Sheik. I also entertain using Falco and Ganondorf occasionally, but mainly Kirby...

Btw, has anyone besisdes me reached that point where everyone you play starts throwing controllers after I finish with a Kirbycide (Hii!) or a Ganoncide (DIE!) with a 1-stock lead? Hey, Hi and Die... that rhymes!

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I'm a Casual and Competitive smasher.
Depends on the situation really xD
I'm casual when i'm bored and just want a few go-a-rounds
I'm competitive when I really want to play and get better at it.

ALP

Smash Rookie
I am more of a competitive brawler. I don't know if I can call myself a pro or not. I don't want to brag or anything. Yes. I suck all the fun out of brawl.

Shikonrai

Smash Rookie
I would say I'm a Competitive-Hardcore Smasher.

But, I don't take my game to the level of Pro/Tournament status. I like the idea of going around other better players, and showing them the most unusual things possible in the game in order to catch them off guard. And, I honestly enjoy making the game as frustrating as possible for the other players, but in a way that they'll probably laugh or find some piece of oddity in the game while playing against me. Because of this, my play style is little contradicting in this respect.

So usually, I'll accept any losses I take for the fact that I enjoy playing in such an asinine way, but feel better with what funny/amazing things I pull off so frequently as goals of mine.

I guess I could also say that I enjoy Mind Games, not so much at being purely Technical.

Top Bottom