• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
The second week of updates was better than the first week , the third week was better than the second. So, logically, next week will be even better!

Sweet update!

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
"I guess I have no choice but to implement them all!"

Sakurai, I speak for everyone on smashboards when I say that you could have me if that was what you were itching for.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
holy crap this is amazing i wanted to scream but the wimote on its side is crazy i also think the game will be released soon becuz he said if i get the chance! could mean that the game will come out before he gets to explain alll the functions in all the different languages
Ya, I guess that means the game'll come before Monday then! W00T!!!

/sigh

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Just saw this, I was in shock, now all the arguments can cease.Just hope something dumb doesn't happen like "every controller has exclusive moves!"

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
it was about time Sakurai released this info...wiimote ( sideways ) sounds like it would be fun but like most of u i'll problably just stick to the GC controller....hmmm...i wonder if u'll be able to use all 4 forms of control at one time for 4 player Brawl.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
it was about time Sakurai released this info...wiimote ( sideways ) sounds like it would be fun but like most of u i'll problably just stick to the GC controller....hmmm...i wonder if u'll be able to use all 4 forms of control at one time for 4 player Brawl.
Just imagine a "crazy mode" up to 8 players, using 4 wiimotes and 4 GC controllers. :laugh:; won't happen, though.

Very nice, Sakurai, very nice. Still... why didn't you explained a little? :dizzy:

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Best news yet.

Now we don't have to argue over controlstyles.

Let the arguments over which one is the best begin!

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I bet there will be some pissed off people when one person tries using the gamecube controller and their moronic friend is using the wiimote/nunchuck jumping around everywhere knocking over **** and getting in the way.

Edit- quoted wrong guy

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
I bet there will be some pissed off people when one person tries using the gamecube controller and their moronic friend is using the wiimote/nunchuck jumping around everywhere knocking over **** and getting in the way.

Edit- quoted wrong guy
lmao...so true

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
This really is the best news yet. I'll probably dabble in the new control schemes but I'll almost definitely use the GC controller in the end.

vericz

Smash Champion
The gamecube controller has pressure sensitive shoulder buttons and the rest don't. Do you guys think this will affect shielding at all??? Maybe the bubble shield we now have will be gone in Brawl?? Also, I think the top 2 controllers will be the classic and the GC. If they use the same control scheme using the C-stick to do a quick smash the only 2 controllers with dual sticks are those 2. Time will tell though.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Though I'm gonna use the GameCube controller, using other controls is pretty sweet. Thanks Sakurai!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Each controller will have its own benefit for a certain player, and all controllers will be created equally, of course. My guess is, with the Nunchuck + Wii Remote, you'll be blocking with the 'B' trigger button in the back. Holding the Wii Remote on its side is a mystery even for me. Maybe blocks will be utilized differently?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Definitely one of the best updates yet, if not the best so far. Honestly wasn't expecting it anytime soon, that's for sure. It also means I've got 4 controllers already for Brawl, so I'm already set for party action.

And Lol at Sakurai's reason for preferring the GC controller:laugh:

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Witch ever control scheme is easier to use

But im kinda alreadi used to the gamecube controller so i just might stick with it

GC For Life!!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
definitely most relieving news yet. i can sleep tonight finally.

EDIT:
Why is this in game modes?
thats really the only place it makes sense. if they showed what the actual controls were, then it would probably go in how to play. its like in tetris DS where they have a seperate mode for using the touch screen to play. i wouldnt be suprised if there was a special melee for using the wii remote, thats like single button mode.

kabloodysun

Smash Apprentice
This update sucks! I dont want 4 different ways to play! It's like Sakurai cares about us or something. I wish they had a music update instead.

jk:laugh:

Awesome update! It saves me money and pretty much kinda comfirms the old control scheme of the GC controller, which means old techniques, which means that we might have Brawl tourneys, which means I will probably get mo' money.

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
The gamecube controller has pressure sensitive shoulder buttons and the rest don't. Do you guys think this will affect shielding at all??? Maybe the bubble shield we now have will be gone in Brawl??

lawlinurface the classic controller actually doeas have pressure sensative shoulder buttons and is arguably superior to the GC controller.

This update sucks! I dont want 4 different ways to play! It's like Sakurai cares about us or something. I wish they had a music update instead.

jk:laugh:

Awesome update! It saves me money and pretty much kinda comfirms the old control scheme of the GC controller, which means old techniques, which means that we might have Brawl tourneys, which means I will probably get mo' money.
What do you mean by might?They were going to happen regaurdless.

But yes,todays update was well worth it.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I'm actually fascinated how the control scheme will work with the Wii Remote tilted on its side, I'm going to try that first. If that doesn't work out for me, I'm going to the Classic Controller.

I'm done with the GameCube controller. Out with the old, and in with the new... well, wait, it's called the Classic Controller, is that an oxy moron?!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'll try out all 4 schemes at least once, but i probably will end up using the gamecube controllers just cause of familiarity.

today's update...AWESOME! now we know how to we're going to play brawl.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Although there isn't much to discuss on this update, I feel it's the best one by far. Now one is left out and we can use which set-up we feel like. This'll probably be the only day with people not biting other people's heads off for disagreeing.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
I cannot believe people are saying this was the best update, "You must recover" is far better.

But seriously, this is great. COMPATIBLE! Everyone possible is happy, so much love for Sakurai right now..

Off Topic (Sort of): Anyone in Australia know where to buy new GCN controllers?

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Off Topic (Sort of): Anyone in Australia know where to buy new GCN controllers?
They dont ship any GC controllers to Australia anymore (well Perth anyway). I asked five different stores and they all said that Australia has stopped the incoming of GC controllers. So I had to settle for a Classic Controller..... :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom