• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When Ike fights with his Friends: 2 VS 2 Battles. Current Discussion - LUCARIO

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Not my fault I get sick then bombarded with tests. In the next 3 days, I have 5 tests. I'll put up the next character now....once I find a good pic.

EDIT: It's up.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I was very curious about this match up and its potential. Lucario being a very good character, great combo'age. He is very independent so if the fight breaks off into 2 1v1's (like doubles usually tend to do) the duo would still stand strong. Lucario at low percent (and sometimes high percents) lack some killing power, which can be fizzled with a strong partner like Ike. Lucario is also a range threat, though possibily predictable he can always open up with a new style of approach or camp.

I would really like to see me and my friend (lucario and ike) go into tournaments with this team and I am a bit optimistic.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Lucario is the only character where friendly-fire becomes tempting. Beat the crap out of your Lucario buddy, watch the damage rack up.
Of course that's a dumb thing to do, and I'm completely joking (...or am I?).

Palpi

Smash Hero
Ike stock tanking in this teamup would make lucario a **** monster.
More than he already is. The one thing with Ike is that he can be that quick ike, with a nair and jab cancels etc. and instantly change to killing mode, and lucario is also a damage racker so the team would seem solid.

Should we invite the lucario boards to this discussion?

Because I am probably a biased opinion seeing as my partner plays lucario.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Your all missing the big thing though. Lucario's main strategy would be to kill Ike then go solo against the other two partners because we all know that luc will only lose 1 stock out of every 10 matches.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I always miss the good stuff Ussi. :laugh:
Ya, the Lucario boards is probably the one board I will not contact. Like, at all. For anything. They think they are a harder match-up for Ike then D3, Olimar, Falco, or MK. As in, 100-0 Lucario's A. -_-

EDIT: Apparently Palpi has contacted them. Prepare the flame shields.....

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, how bad can it be? At worst they'll say its Ike's best team mate (lulz) Or Lucario's worst..

But being Lucario's worst is unlikely as going by this quote

Lucario needs somebody that can kill early or somebody that can live till ridiculous percentages.
Ike will do good lol.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, how bad can it be? At worst they'll say its Ike's best team mate (lulz) Or Lucario's worst..

But being Lucario's worst is unlikely as going by this quote

Ike will do good lol.
True. Maybe we won't have a flame war for a 2 on 2 discussion....

Palpi

Smash Hero
Lets just embrace criticism so we all become better individuals, because without criticism no one will improve. Plus the conversation can't be that bad.

Always looking to hear what a potential good partner has to say :)

Hilary

Smash Cadet
My doubles partner mains Ike. We find that it works really well. The two are both very complimentary; Lucario can keep active hitboxes up around Ike with *.airs and support him with charged aura spheres, and ike can lend a lot of disjointed hitboxes to the otherwise stubby lucario.

The only real cons i see for lucario as a potential partner for ike are that lucario doesn't really knock people around as much (my partner really likes my marth for this purpose) into ike's collateral damage when he's working on someone separately. In the same vein, lucario has terrible grab range and Ike can seriously benefit from someone holding/ground-releasing people in front of his heavy hits.

We think the two safety each other off fairly well strategically, and while there are better potential partners for both characters, there certainly aren't many.

Eduardomsc

Smash Rookie
they do well together,because any ranged support is good for Ike.i'd say that,should the Lucario manage to live until the 100-150%,things would be really ugly for the enemy team...

but yeah,they are good together,but they both have better partners...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You know, I've been saying this all too often in my own 2vs2 tagteam thread, so I mgiht as well grace this one...

There is a reason we are going individual characters... to figure OUT which of those characters are good or bad exactly! WE already know there might be better partners for Ike, but until then you state facts about the team in on itself, not "Ike would be better off with X character"

This drives me insane when I make my export threads and people out of nowhere tell me "X character would be better off with somebody else than Sonic" or "Sonic should partner up with Y character"... the first one being the most ********, because there's a d*** reason why Sonic is the main character of the exports and why I made the thread in the specific character boards, because it's from his/their perspective(s), but a lot of idiots out there don't take the time to read anymore.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am just trying to spark discussion about lucario.

Would lucario's range threat hurt the team especially if there is lack of communication? Baiting? Camping?

Should the lucario be more defensive or offensive to complement Ike?

Eduardomsc

Smash Rookie
i believe Lucario's range would only benefit a team with good communication.with a lack of communication,however,his range could end up removing enemies from a perfect position to be hit by Ike's attacks,thus helping the other team.

Lucario should play defensive when teamed up with Ike,imo.he has a better recovery than Ike,and his counter seems overall better(i'm not much of a Lucario player,so i wouldn't know for sure),so he could propably lure the attention from Ike to help him land some killer blows...

Palpi

Smash Hero
Well, lucario's counter isn't a factor in doubles or even singles. Especially since it sweeps and possibly could hit ike (?)

But I would definetely agree that lucario should play defensively and wait for the best time to advance on the enemy for his bread and butter (pizza cake) combo. If Lucario can get his good DI, surivive for a long time at high percents and like Rykoshet said, have some stock tanking going, this can be a decent team.

And yes like Kinzer said, and what I hope Nitendofreak is going for, the pros and cons of Ike and _____, not who would be better sonic or lucario or metaknight, but how each character could or could not work.

Hilary

Smash Cadet
You know, I've been saying this all too often in my own 2vs2 tagteam thread, so I mgiht as well grace this one...

There is a reason we are going individual characters... to figure OUT which of those characters are good or bad exactly! WE already know there might be better partners for Ike, but until then you state facts about the team in on itself, not "Ike would be better off with X character"

This drives me insane when I make my export threads and people out of nowhere tell me "X character would be better off with somebody else than Sonic" or "Sonic should partner up with Y character"... the first one being the most ********, because there's a d*** reason why Sonic is the main character of the exports and why I made the thread in the specific character boards, because it's from his/their perspective(s), but a lot of idiots out there don't take the time to read anymore.
Why read anything when you can skip straight to calling people idiots on the internet.

People are comparing the strengths and weaknesses of a team. If they feel compelled to use other characters' strengths and weaknesses as a reference, it makes sense. The entire point of this is to evaluate how effective certain character pairings are and see how others feel about it.

That said, lucario is a great partner for Ike. But there's better partners for both.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Perhaps it's because THEY didn't read the OP of the thread?

Let me try to explain this again, we are here to find how just how good or bad a character is (in this case, Lucario) with Ike, after we have evaluated ALL CHARACTERS, that's when we say who is a good partner for Ike and who is bad, not now when people are just finding the good and bad stats for Lucario SPECIFICALLY!

It probably also doesn't help that a lot of this is a matter of opinion. Let's just pretend that for now, the worst possible doubles partner for Ike would be... d'oh I dunno, maybe Lucas, and Ike's best partner would be Wolf. Maybe the two can make Ike/Lucas work out to be the most dominant team the tournament scene has ever laid eyes on, and the Ike/Wolf team players are so pathedic, they were just basically feeding the pot. The purpose of this thread is to search through all the characters individually and see who is better on paper with Ike, not to go straight to the question of asking "who does Ike do better with", because by that point it's just a big mess and even more on opinion.

One more thing to mention is that this is a doubles discussion from the Ike's perspective, we don't care who Lucario could do better with because it has nothing to do with IKE.

But yeah, why read anything when you can make yourself look even worse?

Stop making this project any harder than already is, just Copy & Paste the exact format of the OP and answer it, that's what I did with Sonic.

Top Bottom