• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When the Brawlers Cry "MELEEEEEE!" Come play me plz

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Maaan this thread is never that active :(.
It's cuz everyone except me and you don't post often :(

Umm Inui's was really fun :) I wish I played Spam more :(.
:bee: Melee was lots of fun. Can you plz teach me how to combo with Sheik? It's so hard :bee:

m2k is a ***got
I'm pretty sure he has to suck over 9000 ***** a day to be able to sleep at night.

Saber is amazing :)
:) I agree completely

I think we should all go to the melee biweekly this Saturday :bee:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have to go play "Run and Shield with the Penguin"
AHAHA

I can play "Run and Shield with the Penguin" fairly well apparently. Man was it a complicated game.

I mean I took 8 stocks running and shielding and occasionally poking people with my stubby toes.

Ether - :) you should play meleeeeeeeez moar :bee:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
RedAxelRanger (10:44:34 PM): start spending money compulsively like me
Teczero8 (10:44:46 PM): LOL
Teczero8 (10:45:36 PM): does compulsively spending money = wasting money for no reason?
RedAxelRanger (10:45:54 PM): it means spending money on inessential things
RedAxelRanger (10:45:59 PM): that are not worth it
RedAxelRanger (10:46:09 PM): like buying a large frosty instead of a small one
RedAxelRanger (10:46:15 PM): i do that ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the time
Teczero8 (10:46:20 PM): LOOOOOOL
Teczero8 (10:46:34 PM): you mean like buying cigarettes like my failure acquaintances
Teczero8 (10:46:35 PM): ?
RedAxelRanger (10:46:39 PM): no
Teczero8 (10:46:41 PM): LMAO
RedAxelRanger (10:46:44 PM): that's being a compulsive idiot
RedAxelRanger (10:46:50 PM): obsessive compulsive*
Teczero8 (10:46:53 PM): LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Teczero8: I need to fix my study habits of never studying
RedAxelRanger: Teczero8: I need to fix my study habits of always studying
RedAxelRanger: :]
Teczero8: hey >_> why are you changing what I said :(
RedAxelRanger: yeah sorry
RedAxelRanger: i forgot
RedAxelRanger: you're depressed you pass out before d awn
RedAxelRanger: so you consider it as not studying
Teczero8: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Teczero8: You're such a ***got
RedAxelRanger: :(
RedAxelRanger: why is ***got interchangeable with compulsive money spender when talking to me?
RedAxelRanger: :(
Teczero8: why don't I study enough :(
RedAxelRanger: I don't appreciate you mocking my inability to hold onto cash
Teczero8: LMAO FAWK YOU

:bee: First post updated with seals

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
BlackAxelRanger (6:51:22 PM): Well
BlackAxelRanger (6:51:28 PM): thanksgiving clearly isn't the besth oliday created
BlackAxelRanger (6:51:30 PM): the best holiday created
BlackAxelRanger (6:51:32 PM): is black friday
Teczero8 (6:51:42 PM): AHAHAHAHA
BlackAxelRanger (6:51:44 PM): because everything sells for an acceptable price
Teczero8 (6:51:56 PM): LMFAOOOOO
BlackAxelRanger (6:52:09 PM): and and
BlackAxelRanger (6:52:10 PM): the best part is
BlackAxelRanger (6:52:13 PM): you get to go camping
BlackAxelRanger (6:52:16 PM): outside stoors
BlackAxelRanger (6:52:18 PM): stores*
Teczero8 (6:52:23 PM): LOL
BlackAxelRanger (6:52:24 PM): like wow how amazing is black friday
BlackAxelRanger (6:52:28 PM): camping + cheap stuff
Teczero8 (6:52:28 PM): LMFAO
Teczero8 (6:52:31 PM): WOW

Spamerer is a compulsive money spender. Thats why he isn't waiting for Thanksgiving. He is waiting for the day right after it :laugh:

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I was thinking about my character in this crew. Hanyuu is like. Real weak. But can reset the world. Kinda like Fox's downb. Doesn't hit for much, but has the ability to completely level the playing field whenever I want it to. :laugh:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So as usual I had had an amazing time playing melee with all of you guys (-LK who didn't play me at all :().

I wish I coulda stayed and just drink with you guys :( that sounds like fun.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Can everyone please go out and buy my new book? :bee:

Also, Thanksgiving Break is coming up =D. I want to have another Higurashifest :bee:

EDIT: Special edition of the book

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
AIM said:
RedAxelRanger: why do you feign ignorance young lad?
RedAxelRanger: tis no shameful deed to be dedicated to your studies
RedAxelRanger: =D
Teczero8: :(
Teczero8: I don't want to study that long >_<
RedAxelRanger: its ok, Reno is a little eccentric
RedAxelRanger: he studies till 8 AM
RedAxelRanger: you don't have to study that long
Teczero8: :(
Teczero8: if Reno studied like doyoung
Teczero8: I would be shocked
RedAxelRanger: me too
RedAxelRanger: he's just jealous
Teczero8: LMAO
Teczero8: rawr
Teczero8: fawj
Teczero8: Im getting tired =D
RedAxelRanger: prithee, stop fibbing to me young lad
Teczero8: wtf
Teczero8: I barely understand regualr english
Teczero8: you think I'll understand medieval english
Teczero8: ?
RedAxelRanger: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
RedAxelRanger: y ntzzzzzzzzzzz?
Teczero8: oh good
Teczero8: now with the train wreck language
Teczero8: man
Teczero8: you have no mercy
RedAxelRanger: you are absolutely right with that statement
RedAxelRanger: i am MERCILESS when it comes to disciplining knaves and heathens!
RedAxelRanger: repent!
<-- has enough street savvy to fill an encyclopedia

Magus420

Smash Master
What's funny is I watched that video before, and I saw a part where a Ganon player just edgetech Up-B'd someone and I was thinking "...I do that at least like 2-3 times in almost every match I play, lol." Then later I was thinking "Wow, are they really gonna have that in and not my edgetech walljump stom... Oh shit there it is, haha."

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Spam's guide to spending money efficiently

I present my guide on how to spend money efficiently.

Prologue
about.com said:
Money is power and knowledge applied over time.
As I am unquestionably the money master, I figured I'd share the knowledge I accumulated over time to assist fellow compulsive money spenders.

Table of Contents
1) Drinks
2) Food
3) Transportation
4) Video games
5) Fiscally sexy deals
6) General good online places

1) Drinks
Things to keep in mind
- Price per fluid ounce of a drink
- Quality of the drink

Best places for drinks in terms of size
Convenience stores like Wawa, 7-11, etc.

They have an exceptionally sexy ratio of price per fluid ounce and a good variety of canned/bottled drinks available as well as fountain drinks for ridiculously cheap prices.

Ordinary fast food places are alright. If you're strapped for cash you can get free water at almost any fast food restaurant(not bottled.)

Buying drinks in bulk at Sam's Club is pretty efficient as well.

Avoid vending machines if possible, they are exceptionally overpriced.

2)Food
Things to keep in mind
- Size of meal to the price
- Quality of meal to the price

Great places to get food
Wendy's
This place has a ridiculous "super value" menu
It includes the Spicy/Homestyle/Grilled Chicken Go Wraps, Crispy Chicken Sandwich, 5 piece nuggets, Double Stack, Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, Value Fries, and Value soft drink. Frosty's are also very cheap and you get a lot in them.

Taco Bell
I love Taco Bell.
Wikipedia said:
79¢ Items:

* Melted Three Cheese Rollup (New): flour tortilla with a blend of three cheeses
* Cinnamon Twists

89¢ Items:

* Crunchy Taco
* Cheesy Double Beef Burrito
* Triple Layer Nachos (New): nacho chips with Taco Bell's Red Sauce, beans and nacho cheese sauce
* Volcano Taco (New): Red hard shell tortilla with seasoned beef, real cheddar cheese, lettuce and Cheesy Lava Sauce.

99¢ Items:

* Big Taste Taco (New): flour tortilla with beef, lettuce, crunchy Red Strips, cheddar cheese and Creamy Jalapeño Sauce
* Bean Burrito
* Soft Taco
* Caramel Apple Empanada
Super amazing. On top of that, they have numerous items slightly over a dollar that are really good. Chalupas fall in that category. Finally, they have the Big Bell Box. At the moment it includes a Large Drink, Cinnamon Twists, a Volcano Taco, a Burrito Supreme, and a Crunchwrap Supreme. Every month though, the contents change and it costs ~$5. Simply amazing.

Burger King
Not nearly as amazing as the other two, but still alright. Whopper Jr's are on the dollar menu as well as a Spicy Chicken Sandwich, which isn't spicy at all. Overall it's not that bad but it lacks the variety of Taco Bell and Wendy's.

Red Robin
While Red Robin is significantly more expensive then the rest of these places, it's still pretty cost efficient if you go with other people. Split an order or multiple orders of towering onion rings so it costs ~$2 per person. They have good non-fountain drinks with free refills, which is very nice. The burgers are a tad pricey but considering that the onion rings are divine and the burgers are exceptionally good, it is well worth the price.

If you couldn't care less how much money you're spending, Cheesecake Factory is a godly restaurant to go to. "Its extensive menu includes over 200 selections... They have 50 different cheesecakes and desserts" - Wikipedia

Sometimes, you might get an uncontrollable urge to splurge :(. The best thing to do is to order food that you can refrigerate and use for another meal. This makes menu items that cost $6-8 come down to $3-4 per meal for two meals, which is not a bad deal at all.

Mindgaming your friends is also an option: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXKzFh-s5v4&feature=channel

3) Transportation
Carpooling with the gas money being split is the cheapest way to get anywhere for the most part. However, if gas prices go up, public transportation costs don't change. At least, trains don't. So if gas prices skyrocket again, take a look at public transportation. It's not as good as carpooling and splitting the travel costs but it doesn't rob you senseless either.

4) Video games
Sam's Club sells video games cheaper than most places, used games cost less than new games, Ebay can sell them for cheaper, and of course there is emulation. If you have a steady job I highly suggest that you legally purchase all video games to support the creators. For...informational purposes only ;), I'll tell you that flash carts are available for GBA/DS, which in conjunction with microSD cards can be used to store and play GBA/DS games. A modchip can be installed to play backups and for the Wii, homebrew + backup loader exists to run backups without a modchip.

5) Fiscally sexy deals
- Cold Stone Creamery has special deals on almost every weekday IIRC. My favorite one is Thirsty Thursday. All milkshakes are 1/2 off. Large milkshakes become cheaper than small milkshakes and cost ~$2-3. Exceptionally well priced considering the size and quality of the milkshake.

- Pop tarts at convenience stores are really cheap(I bought a 2pack for $0.50)

- Toasted Bagel w/cream cheese at Dunkin Donuts comes out to a little over a dollar

- For Black Friday ads: http://www.blackfriday.info/

- A holiday you may not have heard of is Cyber Monday. Cyber Monday is the following Monday after Black Friday and is the kickoff for Christmas sales for online retailers.

- Free 2 week subscription to Netflix and 3 month subscription to IGN insider: https://smy.ign.com/my/sb?uoaction=displaySubSponsors&show_close=true

Scroll to the bottom of that page. Side note, holiday deal for IGN insider is $15 for a year instead of $10.

6) General good online shopping places
- Amazon. If you spend more than $25 they give you free shipping and TONS of places have overpriced shipping costs. Amazon also has basically anything you can possibly imagine. http://slickdeals.net/slickfillers/ <-- Cheap filler stuff to make your Amazon prices go to over $25

- Ebay. You can find lots of stuff here as I'm sure you all know.

- http://www.coupons.com <-- Self explanatory imo

- http://slickdeals.net/ <-- Site with lots of cheap stuff

- http://www.woot.com <-- Different deal every day

I hope this helps people :bee:

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
I present my guide on how to spend money efficiently.

Prologue

As I am unquestionably the money master, I figured I'd share the knowledge I accumulated over time to assist fellow compulsive money spenders.

Table of Contents
1) Drinks
2) Food
3) Transportation
4) Video games
5) Fiscally sexy deals
6) General good online places

1) Drinks
Things to keep in mind
- Price per fluid ounce of a drink
- Quality of the drink

Best places for drinks in terms of size
Convenience stores like Wawa, 7-11, etc.

They have an exceptionally sexy ratio of price per fluid ounce and a good variety of canned/bottled drinks available as well as fountain drinks for ridiculously cheap prices.

Ordinary fast food places are alright. If you're strapped for cash you can get free water at almost any fast food restaurant(not bottled.)

Buying drinks in bulk at Sam's Club is pretty efficient as well.

Avoid vending machines if possible, they are exceptionally overpriced.

2)Food
Things to keep in mind
- Size of meal to the price
- Quality of meal to the price

Great places to get food
Wendy's
This place has a ridiculous "super value" menu
It includes the Spicy/Homestyle/Grilled Chicken Go Wraps, Crispy Chicken Sandwich, 5 piece nuggets, Double Stack, Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, Value Fries, and Value soft drink. Frosty's are also very cheap and you get a lot in them.

Taco Bell
I love Taco Bell.

Super amazing. On top of that, they have numerous items slightly over a dollar that are really good. Chalupas fall in that category. Finally, they have the Big Bell Box. At the moment it includes a Large Drink, Cinnamon Twists, a Volcano Taco, a Burrito Supreme, and a Crunchwrap Supreme. Every month though, the contents change and it costs ~$5. Simply amazing.

Burger King
Not nearly as amazing as the other two, but still alright. Whopper Jr's are on the dollar menu as well as a Spicy Chicken Sandwich, which isn't spicy at all. Overall it's not that bad but it lacks the variety of Taco Bell and Wendy's.

Red Robin
While Red Robin is significantly more expensive then the rest of these places, it's still pretty cost efficient if you go with other people. Split an order or multiple orders of towering onion rings so it costs ~$2 per person. They have good non-fountain drinks with free refills, which is very nice. The burgers are a tad pricey but considering that the onion rings are divine and the burgers are exceptionally good, it is well worth the price.

If you couldn't care less how much money you're spending, Cheesecake Factory is a godly restaurant to go to. "Its extensive menu includes over 200 selections... They have 50 different cheesecakes and desserts" - Wikipedia

Sometimes, you might get an uncontrollable urge to splurge :(. The best thing to do is to order food that you can refrigerate and use for another meal. This makes menu items that cost $6-8 come down to $3-4 per meal for two meals, which is not a bad deal at all.

Mindgaming your friends is also an option: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXKzFh-s5v4&feature=channel

3) Transportation
Carpooling with the gas money being split is the cheapest way to get anywhere for the most part. However, if gas prices go up, public transportation costs don't change. At least, trains don't. So if gas prices skyrocket again, take a look at public transportation. It's not as good as carpooling and splitting the travel costs but it doesn't rob you senseless either.

4) Video games
Sam's Club sells video games cheaper than most places, used games cost less than new games, Ebay can sell them for cheaper, and of course there is emulation. If you have a steady job I highly suggest that you legally purchase all video games to support the creators. For...informational purposes only ;), I'll tell you that flash carts are available for GBA/DS, which in conjunction with microSD cards can be used to store and play GBA/DS games. A modchip can be installed to play backups and for the Wii, homebrew + backup loader exists to run backups without a modchip.

5) Fiscally sexy deals
- Cold Stone Creamery has special deals on almost every weekday IIRC. My favorite one is Thirsty Thursday. All milkshakes are 1/2 off. Large milkshakes become cheaper than small milkshakes and cost ~$2-3. Exceptionally well priced considering the size and quality of the milkshake.

- Pop tarts at convenience stores are really cheap(I bought a 2pack for $0.50)

- Toasted Bagel w/cream cheese at Dunkin Donuts comes out to a little over a dollar

- For Black Friday ads: http://www.blackfriday.info/

- A holiday you may not have heard of is Cyber Monday. Cyber Monday is the following Monday after Black Friday and is the kickoff for Christmas sales for online retailers.

- Free 2 week subscription to Netflix and 3 month subscription to IGN insider: https://smy.ign.com/my/sb?uoaction=displaySubSponsors&show_close=true

Scroll to the bottom of that page. Side note, holiday deal for IGN insider is $15 for a year instead of $10.

6) General good online shopping places
- Amazon. If you spend more than $25 they give you free shipping and TONS of places have overpriced shipping costs. Amazon also has basically anything you can possibly imagine. http://slickdeals.net/slickfillers/ <-- Cheap filler stuff to make your Amazon prices go to over $25

- Ebay. You can find lots of stuff here as I'm sure you all know.

- http://www.coupons.com <-- Self explanatory imo

- http://slickdeals.net/ <-- Site with lots of cheap stuff

- http://www.woot.com <-- Different deal every day

I hope this helps people :bee:
I'm amazed.

...Is Mcdonalds any good? In case a Wendy's or Taco Bell isn't nearby. LOL

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I wanna have some excuse to go to Princeton and play melee :bee:.

Kashif, are you planning a Higurashifest for the winter break? (For the love of god say yes)

We should see who is available and when ;).

I have family over till next Thursday so I can't do anything till then. Otherwise I'm good to go :bee:

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I wanna have some excuse to go to Princeton and play melee :bee:.

Kashif, are you planning a Higurashifest for the winter break? (For the love of god say yes)

We should see who is available and when ;).

I have family over till next Thursday so I can't do anything till then. Otherwise I'm good to go :bee:
Yeah, I really want to have a Higurashifest over Winter Break. Mandatory imo. I just need to see when everyone is free

Top Bottom