• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Moveswaps Work? (FINISHED!)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well tested it again, and i don't know how to say this, but it's working for me. the moves and everything. i even got a photo to upload of him doing zelda's up-tilt, a very girly attack.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Ike with Lucas' moves is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, even if all his B moves end up in a partial lock (Except his Neutral B which freezes and squeals)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I don't care about partial locks, if a character can completely work without freezing the game, that's a success.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Mario with Wario causes no freezing.

Sheik on Snake loads in training mode, intro freezes the game. B moves freeze the game. All A moves work.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
all characters with toon link work

and with luigi, his down b is so fast, you can use it to recover indefinitely. he's like a helicopter. unfortunately, he freezes upon crawling. you can easily make it around hyrule temple using that single move.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
FUN FACT: nearly always, the attacks of a character moveswapped are the same as before the moveswap, they just look very different then what they used to be. like luigi will always hit once whenever he does and Up-B, and if close enough, will do a super jump fire punch thing.

other moves, mostly B moves, are modified by the moveswap put on them. like flaming boomerangs from mario. or freaky up-b from lucario. these moves can lead to freezing.

the main things that get changed when moveswapped are: looks (of course), speed, jump height, and power (sometimes).

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
all characters with toon link work

and with luigi, his down b is so fast, you can use it to recover indefinitely. he's like a helicopter. unfortunately, he freezes upon crawling. you can easily make it around hyrule temple using that single move.
Hehe, thats like Ganon with Falcon's moveset, his side B is an infinite :chuckle:

So wait, is Toon Link all Os? (Green)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
i mean, i've tested every character (that the codes work for) with the moveset of samus applied to them and every character would not freeze before the character loaded. that's the point of this project, to find out which characters, along with moveswap codes, can work as successful characters, without the annoyance of the game freezing up.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
all zamus working, except sonic, must have not entered his code in, as he is unaffected

strange thing is that fox's eyes are open when the moveset is applied, he normally has them closed when you apply movesets to him.

i'll get back on sonic

another funny thing is that i had to test zero suit pit twice, just to make sure the code was applied on him as well, turns out it was all along.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
zero suit sonic worked, and everyone works for pit's moveset

the lines on the first post are a bit nicer

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
If anyone is taking requests, then I would like to see a video of Ganondorf with Captain Falcon's moveset.
I'll keep an eye on this topic, too.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZDgjjDnWLM

about half way

Ice climber's works for everyone, and get this, i believe i put it on the ice climbers as well, and they worked like normal. what this means.... I don't know. i might have even accidentally not put it on after all and they were unaffected. but this might mean that they are just incompatible with many movesets. oh and their moveset causes hilarious facial expressions on other characters, like mario, luigi, peach, ness, lucas, fox, falco, wolf, jigglypuff, and captain falcon. almost all of their expressions are like :eek: with huge gaping mouths.

Rob works for all too, every character (except sonic) has an arm sticking out of both their heads and their groin area, ew.

General Glue

Smash Rookie
Maybe there's issues with Kirby because his moveset changes... But if that were so, you wouldn't be able to give others his moveset. Odd.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
So far I got this.These are only WORKING moveset swaps:

(Original character) with (another character moveset) -(Status)-

*Wolf with Ike's -Works-
*Ike with Charizard -Works-
*Captain Falcon with Diddy Kong's -Works without freezing-
*Ganondorf with Captain Falcon's -Works-
*Ganondorf with Diddy's -Works without freezing-
*Ness with Yoshi's -Works-
*Ness with DK's -Works-
*Ness with Pikachu's -Works-
*Lucas with Yoshi's -Works-
*Lucas with Luigi's -Works-
*Lucas with Pikachu's -Works-
*Lucas with Marth's -Works-
*Luigi with ZSS -Works without freezing-
*Mario with ZSS -Works-
*Luigi with Olimar's -Works-
*Luigi with Ike's -Works-
*Mario with Yoshi's -Works-
*Luigi with Charizard's -Works without Freezing-
*Mario with Charizard's -Works-
*Fox with Ganondorf's -Works-
*Fox with Falco's -Works without freezing-
*Falco with Ike's -Works without freezing-
*Falco with Luigi -Works without freezing-
*Wolf with Olimar's -Works-
*Wolf with Luigi's -Works-
*Wolf with Ike's -Works
*Wario with Captain Falcon - Works-
*Link with CF -Works-
*Toon Link with CF -Works-
*Pikachu with Ike -Works-
*Pikachu with Ganondorf -Works-
*Pikachu with Captain Falcon -Works-
*Pikachu with Olimar -Works-
*Olimar with Charizard -Works-
*Olimar with Ganondorf -Works-
*Olimar with Ivysaur -Works-
*ROB with Ike -Works-
*Mr.G&W with Ivysaur -Works-
*Mr.G&W with Diddy -Works-
*Peach with Lucas -Works-
*Pit with Captain Falcon -Works-
*Lucario with DK -Works-
*Lucario with Ike -Works-
*Jigglypuff with DK -Works-
*DDD with Ike -Works-
*DDD with Sonic -Works-
*DDD with Snake - Works-
*DDD with DK -Works-
*DK with Captain Falcon -Works-
*DK with Olimar -Works-
*DK with Mario -Works-
*DK with ZSS -Works-
*Sonic with Mario -Works-
*Sonic with Luigi -Works-
*Sonic with Ganondorf -Works-
*MK with Link -Works-
*MK with CF -Works-
*MK with Kirby -Works-
*Marth with Yoshi -Works-
*Marth with Pit -Works-
*Marth with Ganondorf -Works-
*Link with ROB -Works-
*Toon Link with DK -Works-
*Toon Link with Link -Works-
*Falco with Link -Works-
*Ike with ROB -Works-
*Link with Mr.G&W -Works-
*Ganodorf with Lucas -Works-
*Yoshi with Olimar -Works-
*Diddy with Fox -Works-
*Falco with Sheik -Works-
*Lucario with MK -Works-
*Olimar with Kirby -Works-
*Pit with Lucario -Works-
*Diddy with Kirby -Works-
*Link with Ice Climbers -Works-
*Yoshi with Olimar -Works-

-When I say without freezing,I mean without freezing the GAME-
Hope I didn't miss any...or repeat an swap a few times.

NOTE: big list,am I rite?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
kirby's all good

i wish yoshi worked completely, his kirby moveset is crazy
B-does nothing (unable to swallow anyone)
Down-B-Tpose
Side-B-Egg, just an egg, no rolling, and your stuck until hit
UP-B- Hammah Toss, throws kirby's hammers instead of eggs, does this so fast so many times, it's an EXCELLENT recovery
double jump- no upwards movement, just inflates really funny, makes his funny noise, and allows you to hover left and right

it froze upon grabbing, it might also while taunting or crawling

metaknight's moveset has no freezes

and marth with metaknight's moveset works without any game freezes. (i forgot to try all the taunts but i think they work too)

UPB-little flip on the ground, causes damage, doesn't work in the air
sideB- tries to hit with sword, but does nothing
downB-does a magic trick and disappears on the other sides of opponents, if hit when doing this, marth attempts a counter attack, but only goes T again
B- a chargeable sword swing, works just like his normal B jab, but it's a cool sword swing thing

his throws are crazy though

upthow-instant KO to opponent
down throw- attempts multistomp on opponent, only achieves one hit though
grab hit- no damage
back throw, tosses them very far, with minimal damage

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
When you click on R.O.B, the ice climbers are green. they should be yellow for now.
EDIT: my bad, my list on the first post was messed up, as the asterisks magically stopped after the \ would be in it's square, i'm gunna fix em'

Dedede was as annoying as peach. characters freezing the game even before they're picked...

here's who doesn't work:
DK
Yoshi
Pit
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain falcon
lucario
ike
and ness

EDIT: i've also had this idea on my mind...

Would you guys consider a character to be fully playable if every move and it's entrance animation doesn't freeze the game? or is a freezing entrance acceptable for a character to be fully playable?

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Well,if an characters freezes with the entrance all you have to do is use that special action mod code and change the entrance with the standing animation.

I doubt that an character that freezes with the entrace will be playable like that,even.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
But would you consider a character that if every animation they have, except for their entrance which freezes the game, fully playable?

of course they're playable with the entrance replacement, but would a character be "Fully playable" only if EVERY single animation they have, including entrance animation, doesn't freeze the game?

the reason I ask is for an upcoming "competition" I might do, and i need to set the rules.

Olimar's working great for all.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
I would consider an character which only freezing animation is the entrance fully playable as long as it doesn't randomly freezes during an match.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about an upcoming tread i'll make where people can find "completely playable" characters via moveswap, and put them in a collection, like the spore database.

so i need to know if "completely playable" means no freezing at all.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Fox working for all

and falco works great for fox, no freezing at all

and shoots his laser as fast as fox, which means... any character, like worlf, would shoot as fast as fox maybe.

Top Bottom