• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who did u switch from and y were u drawn to DIDDY?

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
In mellee i mained samus and my friend commented on how he knew of a couple of other samus mains that moved to diddy.

Is there some wierd play style that seems to appeal to former samus players or is it jsut a coincidence?

I ask this out of simple curiosity:)

and btw my freind believes its because samus was imbalanced as F*** and i chose the most imbalanced lil F*** in brawl (I somewhat agree ; Diddy jsut *****:laugh:)

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I switched over from Captain Falcon. Now that Brawl is less combo-centric than Melee was, I'll take all of the attack strings I can get, and Diddy can definitely provide me with 'em.

I chose him initially, though, because he's my favorite Nintendo character, period.

Robiin

Smash Cadet
I chose him initially, though, because he's my favorite Nintendo character, period.
Me too.

I mained both Marth & Falco, but I also loved Ice Climbers playstyle..

When Diddy shown up on Dojo, I was reminded of the fun I had with Diddy Kong Racing on N64.

I haven't got the game yet though, but I will most certainly main Diddy Kong, then Marth :)

Samigi

Smash Cadet
I mained Fox back in Melee and didn't really care about Diddy until a few days before Brawl's release. He had nice combos so I decided to use him, but not main him. I started off using Fox in Brawl, but his moves weren't fluid and didn't flow into each other....As I was trying to unlock Sonic, I noticed how good I was with him....and thus here I am now, maining Diddy....

Luigi player

Smash Master
I mained Luigi in Melee (and played DK very often for fun).

This time I want to main Sonic, Luigi and Diddy. Diddy because I loved him since the DK Country games.

Pynk

Smash Cadet
I mained Luigi in melee, and I really never cared for Diddy but I played him one day and it just clicked. The combos are amazingness.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I came from a luigi main, although I still play some luigi. With the added floatyness and differences in the mechanics (especially wavedashing removed) I found him not as powerful. Diddy's bananas and quick cooldown are great for combos, and he has a nice ranged attack to disrupt charching. He has a good air game and 3 great spikes. What else could a guy want?

wa-kingdom

Smash Cadet
diddy kong, what else can you say, he is a mean monkey machine. ive always been a fan of monkey and mindgames, diddy kong is perfect for my demands. I like him because he is truely fun to play with...and he make awesome sound effects.
FIGHT ON MONKEY!

TexEagle

Smash Rookie
Dude, hes a chimp. do you know how strong Chimps are in real life? they'll rip your foot off. But diddy has that sweet Down A spike, and such great Air moves. And the bananas are great for a free hit. He's also heavier than he looks i think. His smash moves are solid, his up and forward tilt are real good. hes good at getting back, but its so easy to grab edge everyone is good at getting back.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
In Melee I mained Dr. Mario, and since he wasn't in Brawl, I was going to need a new main. I've always been a big fan of Diddy Kong from the old SNES games, but when I saw him played in Brawl, it just clicked. I knew who my main would be.

Other characters I was good with in Melee were Pikachu and Jigglypuff, and I still play them in Brawl. Though Pika got huge buffs and Jiggs got nerfed hardcore, so I'm much better with Pika atm.

I've also picked up ROB in Brawl. He's a lot of fun. :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
In Melee I mained Dr. Mario, and since he wasn't in Brawl, I was going to need a new main. I've always been a big fan of Diddy Kong from the old SNES games, but when I saw him played in Brawl, it just clicked. I knew who my main would be.

Other characters I was good with in Melee were Pikachu and Jigglypuff, and I still play them in Brawl. Though Pika got huge buffs and Jiggs got nerfed hardcore, so I'm much better with Pika atm.

I've also picked up ROB in Brawl. He's a lot of fun. :laugh:
your first paragraph is a mirror image of what i would say, cause its true for me too.

on a related note, how many of these threads are gonna be made? i was sure i answered this question before >.>

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
I came from jiggly and swiched over to diddy upon brawl release. So sad about jiggs ><

Monkyies are tricksie. Diddys mind games are top notch. I mean, didnt Dunston Checks In teach us anything at all?

S0X

Smash Cadet
I mained Cpt falcon in melee and was dissaponted by him in brawl. I mained Wolf since I got the game but recently I switched to Diddy because I noticed how good bannanas are.

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
i mained samus in melee. diddy is my main now though. i think its just a coincidence, they arent similar at all. i liked to upb out of shield a ton and nair everywhere and diddy cant do either of that. samus ur not suppose to use the upsmash and diddys is amazing. its got to be a coincidence

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
I mained CFalcon and Fox in Melee, But now that Fox is pretty much useless and Falcon can't combo anymore i'm done with them, and aside from that Diddy is just an all around awesome character and I loved him in DKC2. + His Nanners ****.

Spork_and_Knife

Smash Rookie
I mained Sheik in Melee, but just hate the way she is now. When Diddy was announced on the Dojo, I considered playing as him because Donkey Kong Country is one of my favorite games, and after I saw some videos on Youtube, it was decided.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I mained Peach in melee the last 7 years. I've practiced with Peach for the last week now and for some reason she's just not that fun to use anymore. They nerfed way too many of her moves let alone took away a second jump and greatly degraded her speed. I played Diddy for fun today and instantly craved his all out offensive, powerful speed attacks. Peach will be a good secondary character, but she'll never compare to Diddy.

NamelessLord

Smash Rookie
I mained Marth in melee. I decide to main Diddy in brawl because he has always been at least close to my favorite Nintendo character.

saberhof

Smash Master
i mained Falco and jiggly in melee, so i have a pretty tough mind into what is strategic and what is mindgames, and i just loved diddy and i have always supported him ever since that thread they started in 2006 -05 i think of the diddy supporting thread. i always loved him =).

shizkickit

Smash Rookie
donkey kong country 2:diddy kong's quest was the first game i beat ( ever!) when i was like 5, so i was psyched when diddy was announced in brawl

also, i kinda mained captain falcon, but i heard multiple times that if you played sheik, then youll like diddy, for some reason.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
He's fast, good smashes, good airs.
He has a lot to work with from the banana, to the gun, the jets, and an the air grab.

I knew I was gonna play him from the start, if not at least try him.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
diddy's actually the very first person i played with on brawl
(i started at the top right and went down the line)
and he just felt right ever since then. he's got combos, speed, good recovery. i usually like characters with speed, plus its friggin diddy kong he's one of the most awesome nintendo characters ever

mr. costlow

Smash Rookie
my SSBM main is kinda sad but true. i mained Link in SSB, Young Link in SSBM, and expected to main Link and Toon Link in Brawl simply out of familiarity. Toon Link plays so well for me but I started goofing around with characters I thought I'd never like and came across Diddy Kong. He just works so well for me. I'm a pretty big strategic kind of player and that's why I like the Links so much but I feel like Diddy allows even more of that now with just his 2 projectiles. (which are both amazingly versatile!!!)

i don't think i'm ready for olimar but i look forward to getting going with the little captain :)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i was extremely causal in melee but now that brawl is out i am getting much more competitive. i like diddy because of his speed and easy comboing, plus the bananas, and currently i main g&w and him

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i was extremely causal in melee but now that brawl is out i am getting much more competitive. i like diddy because of his speed and easy comboing, plus the bananas, and currently i main g&w and him
huzzah to that, good sir

NometheGnome

Smash Rookie
I guess you can say i mained Shiek in melee, she was my best char but i didnt play her often, or till the end of my melee days. my first char in SSB and SSBM was the King of the Kong family...Donkey. However getting pretty much destroyed doing 1v1's made me switch around with Capt. Falcon and Pikachu but i never went far from donkey.

C.Y.

Smash Rookie
i like his play style, and he's also one of my favorite nintendo characters. plus, bananas are the ****.

flywithme

Smash Rookie
i was a link and young link man in melee, and was actualy going to main link in brawl again. But diddy kong is one of my favrouite nintendo characters and i love his dash and combos

Nok2

Smash Cadet
In Melee I mained Sheik, I've always liked Diddy though I'm still trying to figure out who I will main but Diddy is the best so far....... BANANA'S RULE

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i feel horrible, but i was actually drawn away from diddy. im all about kirby now. IDK, diddy just didnt sync up with me that much. and besides his bananas, he doesnt have anything special. His recovery can get owned by a lot of people too. I found it hard to kill relative to the rest of the cast, and to connect with alot of his aerials. thats why i went away.

-hiro

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
Brawl is my first entry into the Smash Bros. world

First week I used Metaknight, since he was nice and simple

I started learning new things as him and switched to Captain Falcon

Learned even more and wanted to find new progress beyond him and picked Diddy the same time I switched to Gamecube controls and have been doing amazingly well as him

I am doing so well I don't really want to change, but I am gradually learning Toon Link and Snake as fun alternatives

rctan9

Smash Rookie
My main was Samus/Fox in melee, but when I first started Brawl my main was Lucario.

I didn't try Diddy until I heard about the Brawl tournament at my school campus. I didn't attend because I had class, but I heard over half the competitors were registered as Diddy Kong. I wanted to see what all the hubbub of him was about and why half of almost 50 players would play as Diddy, and when i tried him out for the first time I realized I was naturally half decent with him.

And now over the past few days I have been honing my skills with him, granted I need a lot more practice but I just love the way he plays now =)

SmashingFleX

Smash Apprentice
Everyday I came back from schoolthe first thing I did was "CHECKING THE DOJO" xD
And one Day.... Diddy Kong got confirmed!
I really loved that cuz I loved to play DonkeyKong Land on my Gameboy as a child! I thought he would be a funny Character in Brawl who really fits to it. More and more Updates got releasd but nothing which really made me happy as Diddy did...
Two weeks ago my buddy imported Brawl from USA inclusive a Freeloader and I tested Diddy! From the first match on, I really loved him.. he was fast, made funny Noises xD and really feels good to play! =D=D I never want to main somebody else xD
I think that he has a lot of potential with his attacks, when more and more Advanced Techs will be discovered I think Diddy will be definetlay on the top of the Tier list :)

greetz Josch

PS: im Sorry when there are alot of mistakes xD my english is not the very best :)

Nok2

Smash Cadet
Even though they nerfed Sheik I wasn't as mad as I thought I would be, because Diddy is so much more fun to play. I love watching my opponents trip on the bananas LOL

Top Bottom