• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
My enemies usually end up being my friends. I dunno why, people have a hard time staying mad at me after a fight it seems. *puppy dawg eyes*

Dylan, do what you do to argue. It is to funny to see people going "WTF! Calm down, dude. You don't need to ....."
LMFAO! I know. I love how often this occurs :

some guy with like 3 posts making a thread said:
Wavedashing shuldnt b in brawl cuz it wuz a glitch in melee and dats why i culdnt win, lol if der was no wavedashing in brawl then I culd be da best in da world cuz the only reason ken and isai r gud is cuz of wavedashin. Cheap
Me (while smoking a joint with some pirates) said:
Your opinions on this game greatly reflect the intelligence given to you at birth. If you have succeeded in completing even one level of the education system than I applaud you as you are clearly severly mentally handicapped
guy#1 said:
YOU HAVE ****ING ANGER PROBLEMS DYLAN. OH. MY. ****ING. GOD. ANGER PROBLEMS. TAKE A CHILL PILL.. WHY ARE YOU FREAKING OUT ALL THE TIME, ITS JUST A GAME UR SUCH A LOSER I BET U NEVER GO OUTSIDE. U NEED HELP!
guy#2 said:
Wow. Anger issues, Dylan?
guy#3 said:
I made this account solely for the purpose of insulting dylan
^^ This has happened twice now!

guy#4 said:
YOU HAVE ANGER PROBLEMS *******
And so on.

WHY though?! I dont get why all the attention consistently goes to me anytime I post in a new thread around here! :p

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
That SNES > God thing you said is the first logically thing you've said. Ever. And I love the people who are like "OMFG YOU HAVE ****ING ANGER PROBLEMS GRR **** **** I HATE EVERYTHING".

Sensai

Smash Master
The only reason I ever beat Culex was because I could stay alive long enough for his Flower Points to go away. And when his FP gets gone..it's jee jee for him.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind wavedashing, but I hate it when people need it to win. I also hate it when people actually believe that Smash Brothers was made with the competitive gamer in mind. That's what it turned into, but it's way simpler than most competitive games to be considered a hardcore gamer game.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I don't mind wavedashing, but I hate it when people need it to win. I also hate it when people actually believe that Smash Brothers was made with the competitive gamer in mind. That's what it turned into, but it's way simpler than most competitive games to be considered a hardcore gamer game.
Ah, I feel that way about the game but thats only in the ''competitive'' nature of it. IE : Who is better than who.

Skill aside im all for doing whatever you WANT I mean smash is so customizable, maybe you wanna make your own rules? I used to play smash classic, no edgehogging (just because we thought getting the smack to the face was cooler, and easy anyway). Items on but no using them, only throwing and no recovery heart, star , or hammer or nothing..

Whats best about items in smash classic has to be the land mines. Stuck to walls, genius but simple item.

To win in a competitive smash match, I will use wavedashing Thunderself not because I worship it as some god almighty skill that divides oceans and the sky, but as kind of a .. glue that holds a lot of my approaches, defences, tech chases, and other areas of my playstyle in place.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yes, you've missed out on a ton if you haven't played Super Mario RPG. Seriously...buy a SNES and buy the game. Steal it if you have to.

That and Super Kirby Allstars.....god **** good games.
I think my Dad has my SNES now, I forgot why I gave it to him. If I'm lucky he would've kept it in good condition so all I need is a controller and SMRPG, at least SNES doesn't use external memory like last gen consoles >=(

Wavedashing isn't the only thing that helps people win, I can wavedash [actually I find it easy with Mario and ICs, 2 of my 7-10 mains] but that didn't help me win that match yesterday. I know I can win matches without WDing, but only against casual players.

Anyway, about my great match[es] yesterday:

It was awesome! I only got 2 stocked at most but it was good fun fighting someone that made my heart race with the intensity and speed of the match, I've never, and I mean never fought someone who moves that fast [he was Falco], he threw in some fake SHs, fake SHFFLs, DDing, and SHL [he can't do it well yet though, but good enough] that made the match more like a competitive match than a rolling contest or a complete massacre like what my usual matches to out to be. Oh, that match ended with him having 1 stock.

The next match I 2 stocked him [would've been 3 but I got gimped] with ICs vs his bowser. It showed how crazy I am as ICs lol. I hope I get more matches like that.

soaz

Smash Ace
i can wavedash but i have never perfected it i can miss sometimes,and i dont really know when to use itXP

xeno

Smash Ace
I think its Geno who can do 9999 damage to bossses with a certain move..
Sword was AWESOME.
I liked Geno+Mallow (original character) but Mallow sucked unfortunately.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Snes > God
Truest statement, ever! Even better, once the Wii gets all the NES, SNES, and N64 games on the VC, along with GC backwards compatibility and Wii games, then it's Wii > God!

Still love that comment you made about the first guy=LMFAO! The sad part is, you are probably right about him! :laugh: Seeing those comments made me cry with laughter=pure classic! That whole thread made me LOL with all the "zomg WD is 4 hakrs" n00bs=they're so stupid, it's funny. :chuckle: I swear I kept look at that thread just for the lol's of it all!

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I worried that Twilight princess would be the biggest letdown ever, but alas, it was AWESOME. If nintendo gives it alot of hype (nevermind EVERYONE ELSE), then there's a 99% chance it is gonna OWN. not just OWN. PWN. Not just PWN- PWNNNNDDD!!!!!!111111

Edit: personally i never liked wavedashing so if they take that out, than thats one less thing players can ABUSE to be 9 million times better than those who dont (or cant)
PS- 151 PAGES! HOLY SMASH!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Which also makes the game based less on skill, which makes the game suck. I don't really see any fun in knowing everything from the manual, plus the only reason I even got back into smash was because of advanced techniques, so if they go Brawl won't last as long as Melee did [seeing as how I spent most of my melee life playing Noob Melee].

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

That's a lot of contradiction in one paragraph, friend.

You said that you 'spent most of your melee life playing Noob Melee,' which we can assume to mean sans advanced techs. Now, did you play it and not have any fun? 'Cause...you said that without advanced techs, the game would be 'based less on skill, which makes the game suck.' So, either you intentionally put yourself through misery, or it's going to -gasp- be fun regardless.

I don't think there has ever been a single game released that told you everything straight from the manual. There's always been something or another that they've left for people to figure out. You shouldn't worry about that (and I'm assuming you're not, you're just arguing with him).

As for your 'Brawl won't last as long as Melee' thing....that's just dumb, mate. Smash 64 has lasted longer then Melee, does that means it's a better game? Or a more deep game? No, hell no, it means people like it still. People will still like Melee when Brawl comes out, too, so of COURSE it won't last as long as Melee.

Give him, along with anyone who happens to have differring opinions then yourself and Dylan and co, a break. You're allowed to have different opinions and you shouldn't bash people for thinking something different.

Wow. That's called a tangent, kids. I just went off on one. My b.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I didn't mean for everyone, those were my personal opinions. Right now if you were to stick me with 3 guys with all items on very high on Icicle Mountain, I'd get bored before the match was even over. Maybe before when I didn't even know about ATs it wouldn't matter, but now the game is deeper.

There was also a point in time where I quit melee for a few years [actually up until I found out about ATs] because playing FFAs with items on/off with my friends didn't cut it, and playing 1 vs 1 didn't cut it, because our metagame had reached it's peek [separately, I was the best, my friends never got better, so I always won].

The only reason I'm on this site right now is because of ATs, without them I'd be on some site like Gamefaqs trying to convince scrubs Mewtwo is in Melee.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I didn't mean for everyone, those were my personal opinions. Right now if you were to stick me with 3 guys with all items on very high on Icicle Mountain, I'd get bored before the match was even over. Maybe before when I didn't even know about ATs it wouldn't matter, but now the game is deeper.

There was also a point in time where I quit melee for a few years [actually up until I found out about ATs] because playing FFAs with items on/off with my friends didn't cut it, and playing 1 vs 1 didn't cut it, because our metagame had reached it's peek [separately, I was the best, my friends never got better, so I always won].

The only reason I'm on this site right now is because of ATs, without them I'd be on some site like Gamefaqs trying to convince scrubs Mewtwo is in Melee.
Sorta sounds what happened to me. I reached a peak without advanced tech, I pwned my friends like n000bs, and tore apart the little competition I had. Then I faced two of my other friends, who pwned me like crazy. I tried until I went mad, kept losing, and quit. Then I randomly played it again, foudn out about WD, tried it out, found out about more AT, started using AT, and next thing you know my 2 friends who pwned me and I were even basically. Plus after being miserable trying to beat people, I was able to sit back, relax and enjoy winning, losing, and everything inbetween.

In other words, I stopped being overly competitive, and was reasonably competitive, but if I lost, it was no big deal, except that I needed to improve, and learn from my mistakes. LOL @ Red Exodus' Mewtwo comment=I saw a scrub thread on a Nsider forum that didn't believe Mewtwo was in Melee, and they had a arguement over if there were 23 or 24 characters in Melee=I lol'd so hard. Anyways, without advanced tech, the cool characters in the SSB series, and the crazily awsome DI most of us wouldn't be here. ;) :laugh: :)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
OMG! Not having internet sucks BALLS!!!! I can't even listen to the Yoshi's Island music because I have to go to my school's library computers.

Anyways, this thread goes way to quick. I use to play Super Smash Bros. the n00b way when it first came out for a year (at least I edgeguard and never thought anything was cheap). Anyways, I came back to playing SSBM when a guy in a tournament scene beat me and then proceeded to show me videos of professional play. I enjoy the game even more now.

Why couldn't have people told me about the tournament scene when I quit super smash bros 5 years ago. (Started competative this year)

Eekooja

Smash Rookie
I'm a little nervous, but I think if GC controllers are usable with Brawl, everything will turn out well, i think the wiimote is far too confuzzling to use in SSBB

RT0512

Smash Rookie
I am pretty confident that Brawl will be accepted by fans just as well as Melee. The developers have had roughly six years to look back on Melee and make changes as needed, plus, there have been so many advancements from the video game industry in general in that time (as opposed to a two-year difference between the original and Melee). The things fans liked they will keep, and what was obviously lacking will most likely be added. I don't think it will be a disappointment at all.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Is it even possible to play Wii games with the Gamecube controller?

I just think there will be some awkward controls if the Remote/Nunchuck are used.

Maybe they're going to debut a new controller just for Melee :p

who knows

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Is it even possible to play Wii games with the Gamecube controller?
Yes, but only if the game is designed to support it. The Dragonball Z game supports Gamecube controls as well as Metal Slug Anthology.

My biggest hope for Brawl is more balance. I realize this is hard to implement because usually it's the players who expose extreme imbalances later on. I hate the whole concept of tiers, but it is essentially unavoidable. I pray that Brawl has enough balance to where tournaments do not feature the same four characters taking the top ranks. Yes, some pathetic characters will fall to the wayside, but I would be giddy if there were a dozen different characters who won big tournaments.

rockkybox

Smash Rookie
Hey Dylan i was browsing through this thread, a few hundred pages back probably, and i heard you talking about problems with your PC controller for playing the original smash bros, well mate i had the same problem until i realised that it was stupid to buy four more controllers when i had 4 lovely gamecube ones sitting there, so i found this thing called the erm 'super joy box' (catchy no?) yeah get one of these and then you can even assign x as up as well as up on the joystick for up (make sense?), making it a tiny step closer to online melee!

Anyway i probably sound like an advert, esspecially since this is my first post but heres a link if you interested

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Gamecube-USB-Adapter-Converter/dp/B0009VM05S

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hey Dylan i was browsing through this thread, a few hundred pages back probably, and i heard you talking about problems with your PC controller for playing the original smash bros, well mate i had the same problem until i realised that it was stupid to buy four more controllers when i had 4 lovely gamecube ones sitting there, so i found this thing called the erm 'super joy box' (catchy no?) yeah get one of these and then you can even assign x as up as well as up on the joystick for up (make sense?), making it a tiny step closer to online melee!

Anyway i probably sound like an advert, esspecially since this is my first post but heres a link if you interested

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Gamecube-USB-Adapter-Converter/dp/B0009VM05S
Wow, your first post was spent trying to help me. Thanks man I will look into it and feel free to join the discussion going on in this incredibly multi-topic thread.

Just be warned, keep up or get run over. :psycho:

Sensai

Smash Master
Or just jump in and out, like moi.

Random question time: would you eat your SSBB disc to be able to play as Geno in the game?

Answer: yes.

NineDragons450

Smash Rookie
I'm not that nervous because the developers know what they are doing wrong and what what they should do to make Brawl amazing. I have confidence in them

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
@Shai Hulud clean your private messages. Yes, I am going to the biweekly. Yay!

@Sensai Eating a disc sounds painful. How would you play Geno in the game if the disc is destroyed? Do you get another one or not?

You better come too Sensai. ;)

mario-man

Smash Lord
Sorry Dylan, I personally like mines way better. But, if you like it, that's all that matters. Lol

Edit: seriously Zephyr, just look at his previous post. Lol

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Sorry Dylan, I personally like mines way better. But, if you like it, that's all that matters. Lol

Edit: seriously Zephyr, just look at his previous post. Lol
Quiet you, Zephyr owned my nUb ***.

Zephyr u shuld b b4nn3d frum h3re cuzz u broken.. srry. :(

Ch33p = u. u cheep.

Im ****in high as a kite again.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
@Dylan
Origanaly Said byMr. Harrison
Drunks are bad Mmmmmkay

****ing ten character limit even though all i needed to send at dylan was that quote from south park, but nooooo. SWF MUST have 10 extra letts OUTSIDE of a ****ing quote

edit wow inner post rant

Air Jordan

Smash Cadet
It can't suck. Super Smash can only have the capability to keep getting better and better.
1. Graphics- from what ive seen, it looks slightly better.
2.Gameplay- It still keeps its traditional gameplay, with a few additions.
This is a brief excerpt, but all i have to say is, Brawl will not suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I am worried about is online play. That may end up being as bad as StarFox (pretty terrible), or better Metroid Prime: Hunters(most useful Wi-Fi service yet, IMO).

Otherwise, I'm expecting it to be as good as the last two games. And I still enjoy the hell out of playing SSB 64, which marks its replay value at near-infinite.

And I think we can all agree that Melee deserves the same description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom