• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who stays up till midnight and buys it at 12:00?

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
well ppl will be busy with the tournament around 10. so im going to go ahead and swing by at 12 and pick up my reserved copy/

InSaNiTy

Smash Cadet
I have it preordered too, but gamestop is handicapped sometimes in regards to pre-orders and then amount they get

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I'll be leaving with my friend for Brawl around 11. Also, can Game Stop check their preorder data? I lost my receipt. :ohwell:

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Imma go for the tournament. I'm not gonna expect much.
Then I'm just gonna hang out with my friends til it opens. A nice 3 hours of waiting. Lolol.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I have mine preordered at Gamestop. I'll be getting my copy at 12:01AM. Anybody who says they are getting their copy at 12:00AM is a liar because Gamestop isn't allow to sell them until 12:01AM.:p

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to be, simply because my EBgames isn't doing a midnight release, I'll be picking it up when they open sunday morning though.

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
Tournament for me then game at midnight! I reserved 2 copies and the other place i reserved isaid i get it tomorrow cause they not open sunday so

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Me, I don't sleep till 1 or 2 to begin with especially on a weekend.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I have mine preordered at Gamestop. I'll be getting my copy at 12:01AM. Anybody who says they are getting their copy at 12:00AM is a liar because Gamestop isn't allow to sell them until 12:01AM.:p
I guarantee Gamestops will be selling them at like 11:50 and stuff. Most aren't going to wait for that 0 to turn to a 1.

monkeyfan1

Smash Rookie
i preordered it today at gamestop and he said even now, i'm guaranteed a copy at the midnight release.

i'm gonna go to the tournament at gamestop. if i wasn't going to the tournament i would just show up like ten minutes to 12. i wouldn't go any earlier unless i had friends that wanted to go with me.

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to Gamestop a about 9:30, and then playing in the tournament at about 10, and then playing the game until Midnight when I pick it up, go home and play more!

It's kind of weird and seems like not many people are waiting in line or going to the gamestop tournament, I signed up for the tournament on...last Thursday, and Yesterday when I checked to see about the under 18 thing, there were less than 10 people on the list!

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I'm getting it at midnight (leaving around 11:30), and I'll play it for a while once I get home.

Then I'm having my only friend that can come over come over and play. 1v1, one stock until we unlock all characters (well, I'll unlock Snake and Falcon first so I can use them [SO MANLY]).

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
It's kind of weird and seems like not many people are waiting in line or going to the gamestop tournament, I signed up for the tournament on...last Thursday, and Yesterday when I checked to see about the under 18 thing, there were less than 10 people on the list!
Lucky you. I signed up at mine earlier today, and I was number 25. Though that's not bad considering the guy expecting close to 50 based on Pre Order numbers. Either way I suspect a lot of people are going to show up and sign up at the tournament itself, not knowing they could/should sign up ahead of time.

chocoboy

Smash Rookie
me and 2 friends are going for the tournament, staying till midnight for the game, then going home to play it till we fall asleep (probably never)

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Psssh, we're having a ****ing std the first night brawl comes out. Have two setups and like 7 or 8 people. I've already played like 3 hours of the American version and also like 4 hours of 2v2 on the japanese version.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Psssh, we're having a ****ing std the first night brawl comes out. Have two setups and like 7 or 8 people. I've already played like 3 hours of the American version and also like 4 hours of 2v2 on the japanese version.
Ouch, bad luck. That's why you should always use protection.

Vaxxaruis

Smash Apprentice
i am going at 10 in the morning and camping all day my game stop called me to say that its frist come first serve sigh there go my saturday

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
Lucky you. I signed up at mine earlier today, and I was number 25. Though that's not bad considering the guy expecting close to 50 based on Pre Order numbers. Either way I suspect a lot of people are going to show up and sign up at the tournament itself, not knowing they could/should sign up ahead of time.
Wow, maybe people are waiting until the last minute. I kind of live near quite a few, so Maybe people are going to the more popular ones near the mall.

tanisdourden

Smash Rookie
Nobody will be getting it at midnight. daylight saving time kicks in right after 11:59pm on saturday night. soooo nobody will be getting it at midnight. you can however pick it up at 1:00am on sunday morning. lol
:)

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
Nobody will be getting it at midnight. daylight saving time kicks in right after 11:59pm on saturday night. soooo nobody will be getting it at midnight. you can however pick it up at 1:00am on sunday morning. lol
:)
I always thought Daylight Saving's Time kicked in sometime between 2 and 3am?

Burumage

Smash Cadet
My game stop isnt having a midnight release, so no:(

When I signed up for the tournament, there was only one other person on the list, and I was happy. I called gamestop today and they moved my tournament to a different mall with more people.

*sigh* so much for that.

Top Bottom