• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dang, will been takin them cheese lessons, and gayin the mess outta people.

good chips to him.

also, lol @ rich, honestly, id be more upset that i lost to a samus than getting timed out by dk.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wow that has to be the dumbest rule i have ever heard of. lmao they made whobo look like a joke tourney with that ruleset.

Browny

Smash Hater
Fixed that for you.

You got timed out by DK, no johns.
Oh nice, I was gonna say the same thing :p Although I'll add to that, there is something he could have done; he could have used a viable character in the tournament which he accepted the ruleset of before he entered :p You dont see LT mains complaining they cant advance in the bracket because of the way people use viable characters rofl.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I've complained before about the LGL being for every character, all Xyro is going to say is "it can be stopped, mk cant"

Denti

Smash Master
@ rich brown - welcome to my region. I've delt with this since I got into the competitive scene. It's almost pathetic really because xyro holds the only tournament series in Texas, so where else could I get practice? :( I feel ya..

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Fixed that for you.

You got timed out by DK, no johns.
by this logic

the oli boards need to change their MU against Dk to 100-0 in Dk's favor.

then you guys need to push dk out of mid tier because of this change.

edit: btw is xyro in /graduated from college?

this is not a shot at his intelligence, im honestly curious.

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
Xyro is by far the worst TO we have. No ledge grab limit is the absolute worst thing you could do for a tournament. He only has it for his own personal gain so he can plank with samus, and he still didn't make it out anyways.

Because of this, Will was able to beat me with 185 ledge grabs, there was nothing I could do.

Get the lead you say? Well if that's the way smash has to be played, then I think we are all wasting our time.

Until Xyro changes his rule I encourage EVERYONE to boycott all future Whobos/hobo tournaments run by Xyro. This is unacceptable.
You're in America LOL GET USED TO IT

RichBrown

Smash Master
Pick a viable character?!

That basically means to pick MK

****ing theory crafters not thinking anything through, there's a reason your placings suck

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Can we all finally agree to use Japan / EU rules now and get this nonsense over with?

:059:

Jem.

Smash Master
Will if I ever play you in tournament I'm going to tornado, air camp, plank, time you out, all that good stuff. I can't believe you'd resort to proving Brawl is a terrible competitive game. Inb4 "play to win"

sasook.

Smash Cadet
Gay or not, Will didn't do anything wrong by the rules, and for what it's worth, doing what he did is not easy either. Guilt and mental stamina are tough to deal with.

If anything, be mad at Xyro for using a terrible ruleset.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
LOL @ all of the butthurt people over what Will did. Good **** Will, do what you have to do homie.

Rich, even though that outcome is super gay...such is the game we play, and I'm kind of disappointed with the way you handled it man. :/

Vega4

Smash Ace
Can we all finally agree to use Japan / EU rules now and get this nonsense over with?

+1

The fact that somebody can do something like Will just did, without being disqualified, is so ****ing stupid...
And also, the fact that we have all those counterpicks, that let Metaknight even being more gay, this is killing brawl....
Just do something.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Will if I ever play you in tournament I'm going to tornado, air camp, plank, time you out, all that good stuff. I can't believe you'd resort to proving Brawl is a terrible competitive game. Inb4 "play to win"
So were we supposed to ignore the fact that the ruleset is not viable for competitive play? I think it's good that somebody is actually stepping up and showing that it flat-out doesn't work rather than having a self-proclaimed elite enforcing this BS upon us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom