• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people think FD should be a CP?

Llumys

Smash Champion
<popcorn>

Overswarm's posts are hilarious. Amazing Ampharos' posts are great.

Anyway, why doesn't everyone just use Meta Knight? Arguing over the legality of stages is useless compared to said simple solution.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That doesn't solve anything Brandon. I believe both overswarm and amzingampharos gave good examples/reasons why that argument is extremely flawed.

Why doesn't everyone just stage strike? /simpler solution
Why don't we just call SV our only neutral then. Because, that is ultimately what it will end up going to. SV is almost always survives the first selection of stage striking. And typically ends up being the stage people go too.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
SV only survives 100% of the time when people don't understand the stage striking process. It very rarely creates a fair match on its own.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Cracker is an idiot, because he's an idiot. That's simply the truth :)

Doesn't really confirm or deny anything other than personal feelings, does it?

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I can't see FD as anything but a counterpick that's just filling a neutral spot. As Pit, I get that **** banned all the time when it's my turn to counterpick. Most of them should really be banning Japes, but outside of that FD is where people are afraid to take Pit. And Pit doesn't do nearly as well there as Diddy/Falco etc. etc.

When I have a neutral banned against me so often, I have to start wondering if it's really a neutral. I think most people assume a flat stage is the most balanced because it's the most like traditional fighting games with nothing to get in the way. In a game that has so much versatility in movement like smash, this is rather foolish. It's a totally different game, and while no stage in it is going to be 100% balanced, FD favors some characters in a way Smashville or PS1 does not.

solecalibur

Smash Master
FD favors some characters in a way Smashville or PS1 does not.
PS1 = Kirby / ZSS / Peach
Smashville = any character that can fly around the stage (metaknight/pit/charizard's glide is easier to temple hop)

there's some more characters I didn't mention but there are some neutrals favor some characters and some that dont and people can't get that through there head

fkacyan

Smash Hero
That isn't data, that's trigger-finger banning it because you believe in causation you haven't actually managed to prove.

But then, we all know how silly YOUR part of the region is. You play with custom stages and once was in Grand Finals with a Bowser.

Tell me, what changes on Frigate, Halberd, PS1 that makes them bad stages for ICs, Diddy, and Falco? The only real changes I see are:

- MK can shark them;
- They can live longer and/or kill earlier
- They can camp under a platform with bananas/blizzardwall/lasers and become unapproachable.

I think you mistake most character mains not knowing what they're talking about and preferring stages for actual good players knowing their stagelists.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If those stages were so good for those characters (Unapproachable as you put it), then why am I never CP'd there by those characters?

I have YET to see an IC player CP someone to Frigate, or Falco to Halberd (I've seen matches like SK92 vs MoJoe on that stage, but I think it was MoJoe's pick). Like seriously, nobody picks those kind of stages for those kind of characters. 1 in part because they have better options to start with like the Neutrals, and 2 because well... those really aren't good stages for them overall.

People CP THOSE characters to THOSE stages to try and get an advantage over them. People take Falco/IC's/Diddy to Frigate because they think "Hey, I can try to knock him off the right side of the stage, or **** him when the stage needs to flip" or "Hey I can try to disrupt their normal games and get an advantage through some feature of the stage".

If stages like Frigate/Halberd/etc are GOOD for Falco/Diddy/IC's, then we should all give up on this game because Humanity will never be saved at this rate lol.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm pretty sure Thiocyanide is just one of those mid tier players that thinks playing on flat/plat stages makes them better at Brawl.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
FD
BF
SV
YI Brawl
Lylat
Halberd
Castle Siege
PS 1

Strike one and you have a decent 7 stage list, right? Personally I'm all in favour of a larger starter list, ideally all stages should be good enough for starters (they aren't though, sadly enough). 9, 11 or even 13 starters would be great and in time I'm sure we can see that happening once we get well developed custom stages spread in the community.

I think FD should stay neutral. Not because my main does well there (personally I actually prefer to play BF as Diddy, but that's 100% subjective), but because I think that we currently have enough stages to create a decent 7 starter list.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If those stages were so good for those characters (Unapproachable as you put it), then why am I never CP'd there by those characters?

I have YET to see an IC player CP someone to Frigate, or Falco to Halberd (I've seen matches like SK92 vs MoJoe on that stage, but I think it was MoJoe's pick). Like seriously, nobody picks those kind of stages for those kind of characters. 1 in part because they have better options to start with like the Neutrals, and 2 because well... those really aren't good stages for them overall.

People CP THOSE characters to THOSE stages to try and get an advantage over them. People take Falco/IC's/Diddy to Frigate because they think "Hey, I can try to knock him off the right side of the stage, or **** him when the stage needs to flip" or "Hey I can try to disrupt their normal games and get an advantage through some feature of the stage".

If stages like Frigate/Halberd/etc are GOOD for Falco/Diddy/IC's, then we should all give up on this game because Humanity will never be saved at this rate lol.
Just because they're not abused by the majority of the character's players yet doesn't mean they won't be. In this region especially I see a lot of those characters CPing to non-neutrals.

I'm pretty sure Thiocyanide is just one of those mid tier players that thinks playing on flat/plat stages makes them better at Brawl.
You say you have data and never present it when asked for it, and then resort to ad hominem when you are called on it multiple times.

Who do I ask to kick you out of the backroom, Mr. Jack Thompson?

Prawn

Smash Master
If you guys didn't notice Overswarm has always just attempted to make MK as broken as possible,

for his financial gain and his agenda of getting him banned(even though he knows it probably will never happen)

ignore him. loool

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Prawn's right. Just wait til you guys see my D3 and ICs! I've been rallying against the idea of banning their infinites too.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Oh and one time he lost to a sonic

loooooooooool
/facepalm
know nothing about sonics do yeh?

is there any more arguments about FD other then its to flat and unfair because characters base their metagame around neutrals because its a smart thing to do

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
FD Is pretty nice for Offline tourneys.

Then again, this should be disregarded, as it mentions anything online. Lol

FD is a good CP for some matchups. Snake vs Marth is a good example.

tocador

Smash Lord
Overswarm and AA, you guys are 2 gud.

PLEASE, i mean PLEASE, convince SBR to have a 7 stage/9 stage starter list and i personally will donate money to you guys!!!!!!!!1

But maan, reading this debate is awesome, cause i get to listen to the scrubs saying "no johns, stage strike" and then a epic response TO YA FACE from AA/OSWARM

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I ENJOY THE USE OF FINAL DESTINATION!
It isnt always better than Battlefield,
But its still a good stage, you know, if
you can get past getting stuck under the
****in Edge(Which i think everyone here
hates as much as i do)But Final Destination
and Battlefield are both stages that everyone can agree
SHOULD stay in Smash Bros.

tocador

Smash Lord
I ENJOY THE USE OF FINAL DESTINATION!
It isnt always better than Battlefield,
But its still a good stage, you know, if
you can get past getting stuck under the
****in Edge(Which i think everyone here
hates as much as i do)But Final Destination
and Battlefield are both stages that everyone can agree
SHOULD stay in Smash Bros.
You sure did read the thread didnt you?

We dont want to ban FD, we want to make it a CP, or at least 7-9 starter stages.

Now get back to lurking =/

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I know, it should be, thats what im talking about,
and yes i read the thread, i know what the discussion is about,
and i know its creator, Keep the word steady....

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You sure did read the thread didnt you?

We dont want to ban FD, we want to make it a CP, or at least 7-9 starter stages.

Now get back to lurking =/
As bad as the points that have been made for this side are, I'd be all for a larger neutral list. It would just prove my point that high tiers aren't high tier because of the neutral list.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Nice, Final Destination, in my world XD, Will NEVER Be a CP....

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hmm, well, you are a smash Lord ill take your word for it....

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If stages like Delfino and CS were included in the neutrals, I can guarantee you that IC's and Falco/Diddy would look slightly worse than they do now.

Not that I think those stages should be added back into the neutrals, but if they were, that is what would almost certainly happen.

Top Bottom