• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you like this game?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Online play and replay data are one of the few things that I enjoyed seeing. Other than that, that's pretty much the only reason I do play Brawl. If I knew more Melee players, I'd probably play that more if not equally.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Because I'm a Nintendo nerd who's a fan of a majority of the franchises and I love how Brawl encompasses so many of them. :laugh: Also, online because my area is garbage when it comes to competition.

Phir3

Smash Apprentice
First of all, it's the only fun fighting game (besides melee and 64) and second I really like the whole hit people off to win thing. I probably would have quit Brawl a while ago though if i hadn't found this site, being competitive just gives the game a lot more "depth" and fun.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I like Brawl cause it's a very fun game for me, and because that it's one my favourite games of all time. It's probably my favourite game in the smash series.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I like Brawl because it's a complete step up from Melee outside the competitive scene. It's really a game I enjoy playing with my friends far more than I ever did with 64 or Melee. Competitively, it's fairly lacking, but rather enjoyable nonetheless, even if it's not as technical nor as deep as Melee's metagame.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
cuz i was borned to play smash bros.........................especially melee^^ i am a machine, just living to win muhahaha^^

victory.......is my destiny^^

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
its a good game to play
i mean, its fun,
bad online lag though and i expected more characters to be on it
best four player game i think, just like melee

its cool, refreshing,
and its a great way to stay in shape

that was from family guy

Smashsamurai

Smash Cadet
I like the series itself because it mashes up all kinds of Nintendo characters, and the game itself is quite creative.

'V'

Smash Lord
I don't like it anymore, but I did like it once because it was supposed to be fun.

But it wasn't...

day-day

Smash Ace
Cause I'm better at brawl then I am at melee. lol
It's also quite sad that I didn't know how to use a smash attack until brawl either lol
Plus it's got Sonic my fav. video game character

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I think it's fun it has a huge diversity, many character to choose from, stages, items, no items, different play styles, it's just never the same so it make the game constantly fun to play.

BigThe

Smash Rookie
Well for starters, you can be many more characters. In paticular Sonic. The music is so much more refined, and everything is better. But if I had to say one reason then it would be that I love the game plan better.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Because it wins me money in tournaments :3
That's really the only reason I play the game sadly. I still play melee more and love it more. So yeah Brawl=Money
Melee= better
IMO

Corigames

Smash Hero
I appreciate the wording people choose when talking about the comparison between playing smash for fun and playing smash in competitive play. It really is two different experiences. As far as competition goes, I really don't like Brawl at all.

Take Brawl out of that context though, and it's a really fun game. I like making stages where you can get trapped and beat each other up with soccer balls. I enjoy the music and the detail put into the stages. I love the large cast of character's and the developer's attempt to make as few clones as possible. It's a fun game.

What I'm saying is that people who say it's better in every way are wrong. People who say it's worse in every way are wrong. If you take it for a fun party game, though, then you can't go wrong.

'V'

Smash Lord
I appreciate the wording people choose when talking about the comparison between playing smash for fun and playing smash in competitive play. It really is two different experiences. As far as competition goes, I really don't like Brawl at all.

Take Brawl out of that context though, and it's a really fun game. I like making stages where you can get trapped and beat each other up with soccer balls. I enjoy the music and the detail put into the stages. I love the large cast of character's and the developer's attempt to make as few clones as possible. It's a fun game.

What I'm saying is that people who say it's better in every way are wrong. People who say it's worse in every way are wrong. If you take it for a fun party game, though, then you can't go wrong.
This is all true.

Top Bottom