• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why i believe Olimar Beats MK 55:45

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Alright, since you won't listen to them because you think they're just saying this to get MK banned, take it from me who has been verbally undecided on the issue.

I've sat and watched M2k fight Atomsk in many matches. Not since NL's Diddy have I seen anyone come CLOSE to that successful vs. M2k.

Secondly, I've watched Atomsk Olimar vs. Inui's MK. On average, Olimar WINS. In fact, I think Atomsk has won most of their matches on RAINBOW CRUISE. So please don't tell me Olimar is useless in the air.

Third, NO ONE in this thread mentioned how stupidly amazing a pruple pikman is. Seriously, for everyone that said "Well what if MK does this, or MK does that?" the answer you were looking for is purple pikman toss. MK doing Dairs at Oli can be shielded and then MK will get hit by Usmash OOS. Olimar's Usmash is amazing. UpB also stops a lot of aerial approaches.

Also, MK's aerial mobilty is generally TOO slow to take great advantage of Oli's lack of grab armor. If Oli is spacing correctly, MK has no business hitting him while he's grabbing.

And of course, remember that pikman toss is ****** MK, so it's not as if he has time to sit there and be extra careful about his approach.

Excellence

Smash Champion
mk can just out prioritze all of olimar's moves... if he aproaches from the air, its near impossible for olimar to hit mk assuming mk does everything perfect
First off, Olimar's aerials OOS are very quick and can easily hit Meta Knight before he has time to respond. Second, why would Olimar even approach Meta Knight from the air? Why not stay where you are and camp until he comes to you? Honestly, aerial priority shouldn't even make a difference in this match because that's not where the battle should be taking place. And as a side note, as long as Olimar's body isn't hit by an attack, priority doesn't matter. The attacks will always clank.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It seems most of you have forgotten the concept of stage control which is probably the most important thing for MK in this match-up.

Excellence

Smash Champion
It seems most of you have forgotten the concept of stage control which is probably the most important thing for MK in this match-up.
I think people either have no idea what that is, or you're in the boat with me and you assume everyone is taking that into consideration (or at the very least HOPE they are).

What's your stand on the match-up?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think people either have no idea what that is, or you're in the boat with me and you assume everyone is taking that into consideration (or at the very least HOPE they are).

What's your stand on the match-up?
I think it's in MK's favor at least 60-40.

You create options in this match-up as MK by approaching slowly and batting away projectiles as you go with fair, as you get closer to the end of the stage, olimar has less options and then you take advantage of that fact. Olimar can't pivot grab at the edge, he can't camp well there, so he's just going to try and get past you making most of his moves telegraphed(something that almost never applys to olimar).

This is the same way you should approach the match-up with GW, but MK does it better because of his aireals.

asob4

Smash Champion
people don't take dodging in account do they?

run -> spot dodge -> anything
it'll beat oli :/

M@v

Subarashii!
I have to say olimar might have a shot of being even with MK. I was practicing with two other players tonight for a tourney sunday. Ones a MK, the other Olimar and Snake.(both players are very good )
The olimar player didnt have much trouble vs mk, which suprised me. Olimar outranged mk in every aspect. No suprise, Olimar's weakness came out whenever MK was able to get him offstage, it usually equaled death. However, Olimars greater spacing made it hard for Mk to get him off the ground in the 1st place. I am for the MK ban, but If reliable Mk fighters can be found, he won't need to be banned. The best way we will tell how good olimar is against MK is by how tourneys turn out.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Saying that purple pikmin is an answer to certain problems is highly unreliable.
Sadly there is just no way to guarantee which pikmin you have with you, and even if you do have a purple, there is more often than not no time to whistle it into position.
I think all Oli players relate to me when I say the frustration of being stuck with a white pikmin and missing the early kill because of it.
MK will eventually get through to Oli... At that point you can only hope that the MK has taken enough % to say worth it.
"Perfect camping" doesn't exist simply because nothing is perfect. Eventually you are bound to mess up and MK will move forward some space. You continue camping and MK will remain in this position until another opening allows him to move forward again. Olimar will run out of stage to camp/pivot grab and MK's ridiculous ability to get people off stage will ruin Oli. WAC will get you back on the stage most of the time, but at the cost of heavy damage that hurts you down the road.
At the current metagame Oli even, 50-50 or 55-45 in either characters favor depending on who knows the matchup more.
I think that given time MK will find ways through Oli, just like he did with G&W :(

Top Bottom