• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why y'all aren't getting much better

D

Deleted member

Originally Posted by s2j View Post
how is YBOMBB good if he insists on playing high delay since it's his only chance to win

So i play on high delay such as 11 frames and i win...am i a noob?
you may not be a noob but you are dumb for not getting the point

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I think for most people the lower the delay the better the player can be. You don't lose your core skills when the delay is moderately high but you do lose the ability to be more "flexible" and be more technical.

The above statement applies to MOST people, people like YBOMBB, JaimeHR can do well in high delay and there's no problem with that but when people say "oh i'm good in 11 frames but not in 3 or 2 frames", that's a bit extreme. If I can recall correctly, YBOMBB doesn't like to p2p because it feels "weird" and PD would rather play in 5 frames than 3-1 frames. It kinda makes you wonder how'd they do in console lol
It's one of those endurance things. What you're used to. You see a lot of common high ping players that play fairly well in high delay, because they're used to it.

T1g3rbombz

Smash Journeyman
you may not be a noob but you are dumb for not getting the point
*** u cok face i did get the point u fuking f4g. Dnt ever call me dumb again u fuking fat azz ugly asian chink or ill fukign beat ur homo ****** azz next time i see you. Better watch wat u fuking say next time fukign *** face

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
*** u cok face i did get the point u fuking f4g. Dnt ever call me dumb again u fuking fat azz ugly asian chink or ill fukign beat ur homo ****** azz next time i see you. Better watch wat u fuking say next time fukign *** face
:mad088:Maybe I should put this as my new sig:mad088:

The Star King

Smash Hero
i played some guy named "Ray" and he was good. I think it was hammerheart or sensei
LOL I just noticed this post. That was one of my many alts. I finally get some recognition? (Maybe I should stop being dumb and join a tournament)

Weren't you "Blood Falcon" or something when I played you?

killa k

Smash Ace
I think that this thread should be kept up (maybe even stickied).

Players may come here seeking help because they feel like they have "reached their limit" and the more experienced players can help them out here.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
^ let him answer for himself. I've heard enough Malva/Isai style Chuck Norris facts.

I just didn't understand the point of his post.....

D

Deleted member

^ let him answer for himself. I've heard enough Malva/Isai style Chuck Norris facts.

I just didn't understand the point of his post.....
i agree

there's no point to his post because people still are at the same level of suck

srbsburrito

Smash Apprentice
i feel like theres a good amount of great players in cali.(including myself) spread out tho...... of course im talkin about console.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I feel like I improve whenever I play american players, even players weaker than me, because they don't quite play like europeans, I guess that helps.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I feel like I improve whenever I play american players, even players weaker than me, because they don't quite play like europeans, I guess that helps.
I agree, playing people outside of your normal area means you can pick up on lots of new things. I think this is because playing the same people over and over again means you all play basically the same as eachother (at least it's like that in Aus anyway). Then I played a couple of people in America who played a lot differently, which was pretty cool.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I think europeans in general are more conservative/defensive and less creative players than americans.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I think europeans in general are more conservative/defensive and less creative players than americans.
Same in Aus, only a couple of players on our server has creativity, and the rest play so defensivley that they have lost all will to approach - it's really bloody ridiculous at times.

DMoogle

A$
Same in Aus, only a couple of players on our server has creativity, and the rest play so defensivley that they have lost all will to approach - it's really bloody ridiculous at times.
This problem isn't limited to any continent. It may seem like good players from different places are more creative, but I'd chalk that up to too-small sample sizes, and noticeable and unfamiliar differences in style.

It makes me sad that so many people play so defensively. It really kills the fun of the game for me.

kabal

Smash Apprentice
In my experience a lot of people start out playing offensively, but if they lose they switch to playing defensively.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I tend to play like a heat seeking missile because campers annoy me so much. Although I'll be the first to admit I should probably play a little more defensively.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I'd like to point out that I proactively approach way too much. It's why I lose so much.

This kid said so himself, 'you approach too much so I don't have to'

lulz

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i reckon i fit both those genres. often against players such as urself i wont be creative at all and will try to avoid approching cause u'll **** me. but against others (not necisarly worse then me) i have more will to approach and go for my big combos.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
One thing I noticed that I do that helps keep my opponents guessing is change my playstyle constantly. Sometimes between games, sometimes within the same game, sometimes within the same stock. If the opponent is used to one playstyle, then gets faced with another, he may be caught off-guard.

Obviously, I try to be random with my playstyle, since if I am predictable in any way, I can easily be punished.

Just some advice to people who are affraid to be aggressive against good people... just change it up from time to time, you never know how good or bad it can be unless you try :)

That said, no matter how you play, play safe. ... I mean, play smart ;)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Blue Yoshi you remind me so much of our resident vet Kuromatsu, he tells us the same thing about play styles, it's uncanny haha. Playing aggressive to start, then backin g off, then feigning, etc, pretty awesome.

Top Bottom