• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi friend codes Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Yea I remember your name (I'm Lan on SSBB BTW)

It did'nt lag THAT bad. You people are making to much of a big deal out've the lag.
True. Even with lag it was playable. But when i play anyone in Japan there is no lag. And not having lag of course heightens the enjoyability of the matches. Anyhow, good playin ya.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
No Im not saying the lag was THAT bad but it was noticable and not ignorable. It took a little while to get use to. Yea I was in the game with LAN Kashi and Zerg I believe?

I used TLink then Wario then Diddy and the entire time I played I was gunning for R.O.B. lol
No worries.

Anyhow, Ive been using ROB alot. But mostly in 1 vs 1 matches. i can dominate with him except against players who use Peach and Pit. For some reason those two seem really cheap in Brawl. Is it just me. Like Pits spinning move. It very difficult to hit through, it extends upward rather far, and it reflects stuff, and it can last forever. Its the closets thing to a broken move in my opinion.

Nemar Pott

Smash Journeyman
No worries.

Anyhow, Ive been using ROB alot. But mostly in 1 vs 1 matches. i can dominate with him except against players who use Peach and Pit. For some reason those two seem really cheap in Brawl. Is it just me. Like Pits spinning move. It very difficult to hit through, it extends upward rather far, and it reflects stuff, and it can last forever. Its the closets thing to a broken move in my opinion.

I agree with you on the Peach thing. Her float canceling makes her very dangerous

ZergYou

Smash Rookie
No Im not saying the lag was THAT bad but it was noticable and not ignorable. It took a little while to get use to. Yea I was in the game with LAN Kashi and Zerg I believe?

I used TLink then Wario then Diddy and the entire time I played I was gunning for R.O.B. lol
I was only in a game with Dr. Mario Kart and I would estimate about 500ms there. I'd be interested to know if he had any lag at all.

With these arranged games, the one who is hosting it should get close to no lag at all. With random matches, it will most likely find the player with the lowest average ping to each of the players and make them the host, so again, one person at least should have no detectable lag.

It's not really an issue for random matches if you can manage under 100 ping, <60 ideal, but it would be interesting to test a few things having to do with the host.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
0645-5029-1495

On the East Coast (if it matters).

Also, possible idea to make it easier than searching through all the pages to copy everyone's numbers: someone should copy/paste a list of all the aforementioned numbers. Then, when new posters to the thread post their number, they re-paste the list with their number added at the bottom. Just an idea though...

SoulsKeeper

Smash Rookie
msn: mikeb11@walla.com

friend code: 5241-1169-1745

ammm i think it will be good if all of you put your msn so we can talk before the fight or something it will be alot easier to catch a fight XD...

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
My code is 5026 3697 2689.

Please ideally contact me on MSN (lonelyasuka@advancedanime.com) or otherwise PM me if you add my code so I can do the same.

I live in Sydney, Australia.

For reference, in TF2 I get a ping of about 250ms playing American servers and about 140ms playing Japanese servers. European servers seem to really vary, giving me anywhere from 180-450ms.

I'll be up for a few hours if anyone wants a game, I am useless at it and want to play casually for fun, not hardcore tourney style.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
My code is 5026 3697 2689.

Please ideally contact me on MSN (lonelyasuka@advancedanime.com) or otherwise PM me if you add my code so I can do the same.

I live in Sydney, Australia.

For reference, in TF2 I get a ping of about 250ms playing American servers and about 140ms playing Japanese servers. European servers seem to really vary, giving me anywhere from 180-450ms.

I'll be up for a few hours if anyone wants a game, I am useless at it and want to play casually for fun, not hardcore tourney style.
Check your PM dude

7thFonon

Smash Apprentice
0645-5029-1495

On the East Coast (if it matters).

Also, possible idea to make it easier than searching through all the pages to copy everyone's numbers: someone should copy/paste a list of all the aforementioned numbers. Then, when new posters to the thread post their number, they re-paste the list with their number added at the bottom. Just an idea though...
I edited the first page post. It now lists all working Friend Codes at this point. I have also separated all friend codes into a general location to help out anyone trying to find close / local opponents. Thanks for the suggstion Jinx.

Gon

Smash Rookie
I just had some US<>EU games with some of you guys. Sometimes was playable with small lag, sometimes lag was very high (500>ms) , was almost impossible to land a hit or pickup items =\

SoulsKeeper

Smash Rookie
I edited the first page post. It now lists all working Friend Codes at this point. I have also separated all friend codes into a general location to help out anyone trying to find close / local opponents. Thanks for the suggstion Jinx.
cool good ^^ im from israel by the way :p...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
1023 1639 0001 4176

From midwest US (Go Bucks!), and currently don't have my wii so it's a tad bit pointless, but by the time Brawl comes out in the States I'll have it in my hands again.

Mazor

Smash Cadet
Thank you.

The only thing wrong about it I can see is that legendofjelda and Soulskeeper are in the "Unknown" section whenthey should be in the "Europe" section. Again thanks for the list.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Friend code is: 2449-3892-1404

AIM: SonGohanX

I'm in South Carolina. Feel free to add/IM me for a game.

Mazor

Smash Cadet
Just played a few matches with legendofjelda. The lag was insane at first but later I got kind of used to it. Still though it was atleast half a second delay on everything.

Gon

Smash Rookie
I played a couple 1vs1 with Jelda, lag was very low at least for me. Then a third player joined and lagfest began ^^ It was probably an oversea player. Was laggy but somewhat playable, its like playing at 2/3 speed.

Meow-Mix

Smash Cadet
I have a question that no one has seemed to answer yet. Can you add someone's friend code and send them a challenge online without them adding your code?, or do both people have to have each other's friend codes to get a match going?

jtrov

Smash Cadet
I played a couple 1vs1 with Jelda, lag was very low at least for me. Then a third player joined and lagfest began ^^ It was probably an oversea player. Was laggy but somewhat playable, its like playing at 2/3 speed.
lol, that was probably me. However, the only lag I had was during the character introductions and like 10 seconds after that. I had no idea you guys were from Europe though, I'm from the US. The lag wasn't that bad on my end and really had no affect on me, I just suck in general.:laugh:

Also if anyone wants to get some matches going tonight feel free to AIM me.

screen name: podracer60

Just IM me and it'll send a text to my phone, and we'll let the smashing begin.;)

legendofjelda

Smash Cadet
Had some fun matches there with you guys; though it was a bit laggy indeed. Thanks regardless; had a good time :)

And apologies for my lame taunt messages! ;)

[e] and to answer meows question; both players will need eachother's friend code to be able to play together.

Meow-Mix

Smash Cadet
Had some fun matches there with you guys; though it was a bit laggy indeed. Thanks regardless; had a good time :)

And apologies for my lame taunt messages! ;)

[e] and to answer meows question; both players will need eachother's friend code to be able to play together.
Thanks for answering. I've been wondering about the friend code exchange method for a little while now. Can't wait to try a a friend match when Brawl comes to the States.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
Hello I´m from Mexico (north)
my brawl code 2191 6904 5967
my AIM is El Raspa Brawl

I will add all of you tonight, now I´m at work :p

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Hold on, hold on. How did the likes of Mazor and HaHa Monkey get Brawl when you live in Europe and Austrailia? Do you's have American Wiis or something?

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
The only problem I see with this thread is that if anybody gets the American version of Brawl, their friedcodes will be different.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
I have a Japanese and American Wii.

The Japanese version of Brawl can now be patched and played on PAL Wiis through Wiikey, however, so some might be doing it like that (my friend is).

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Not sure if anyone has said this yet, didn't feel like reading through all the randomness in the thread =P. The lag on Wifi kinda sucks, however, it is BETTER for the host. Thus the host will receive less lag then the person they are hosting to. This is not something I have tested myself, but its something going around smash boards atm.

With that being said, 3:40 PST. Looking for some people in California to play. =)

AIM:Ryuujinhitaku

Gon

Smash Rookie
lol, that was probably me. However, the only lag I had was during the character introductions and like 10 seconds after that. I had no idea you guys were from Europe though, I'm from the US. The lag wasn't that bad on my end and really had no affect on me, I just suck in general.:laugh:
yeah the lag was awful just on start, but during the game it was somewhat decent considering the distance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyAGJMJxGYM
Video of our first fight^^

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
My code is 1891-0441-1540. I'm from Europe.
I'm adding all of the list tomorrow.

It's cool to begin a small community since "With Anyone" doesn't work. That will also remove the inconvenience of the 2 minutes, full items, 4 players ffa matches :)

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet
Not a very frequent poster on here, however, will be adding peoples friend codes that are added to the first post - so heres mine if anyones interested :)

1848 0933 6974

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom