• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai rumors a 3DS/WiiU smash!?!?!?

taken from Kotaku's Livestream:

12:55
StephenTotilo: Miyamoto is excited about new styles of play that they haven't thought of

12:56
StephenTotilo: third-parties are coming up with lots of new ideas too, Miyamoto hopes

StephenTotilo: that interview, in full text format, will be ate3.nintendo.com

StephenTotilo: Iwata says that, a few months ago, he told Sakurai about the Wii U
StephenTotilo: He's the guy making Kid Icarus and Smash Bros
12:57
StephenTotilo: Sakurai suggested making a game that would make Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U
StephenTotilo: loud cheers
Crecente: And the crowd goes wild.
StephenTotilo: it would work together on both platforms

StephenTotilo: but his team is still involved on Kid Icarus, so Iwata won't go into details
StephenTotilo: but says Smash will be made for both machines and work together in some way

Crecente: They will work "together in some fashion." That's interesting wording.
StephenTotilo: Reggie's back to explain more
12:58
Crecente: "Stating Wii u will change the way you play games is a bold assertion. We will provide proof.

from

http://kotaku.com/5809435/live-at-nintendos-next-wii-unveiling

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^Agreed the new controller is gonna attract a **** load of the casuals.

Both of them are gonna have to come out with something spectacular if they don't want to get blown out in sales again like they did by the Wii.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No U

But seriously I just saw what the Wii U can do and honestly, although this seems like yet ANOTHER console directed to the casual audience, I give it respect in the graphics department

Hype bird get hyped

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very good Nintendo conference, the only thing that was missing is a huge software surprise. But hey, E3 isn't over yet. Luigi's Mansion 2 is a nice thing though.

The Wii U of course adds a whole new level of possible gameplay elements, while it enhances existing Wii peripherals and cleverly incorporates a supporting screen. It's a mix of plenty of Nintendo's past innovations, and more.

Hardcore games have always been playable on Nintendo systems by the way, but now, the haters and the graphic *****s cannot use their excuses much longer anymore, talking about the potential graphics and third party games being developed. The popular mainstream games will finally get developed for all three companies. No longer only on PS3 and XBOX 360, when speaking of all those shooters for example.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
[Image removed.]

There you have it people who haven't seen the Wii-U yet. I'm so curiously excited that can't wait for my little pony to be a great game. *Insert Reply Here*

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I can't seem to find find a smaller one. All of them are too big and i blame internet explorer. Why is my mommy hatin' on chrome? :c

Hold on....

There. But since i have internet explorer (which failed 2 Acid tests), I can't find the edit button on my last post.
Mahn, i want mah chromey back momma! Bah forget it. This is why i prefer Chrome OS instead of a crummy windows laptop. But i really can't wait for this to come out. I think the graphics will be amazing but kinda equal to PS3.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I wonder if Wii-U will have Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary? =P

☯ My only consern is the price of the controllers, other than that, I'm fine with it. I do wonder if they might have more controller options? Wii-U does have a USB.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm pretty sure that the Wii-U will have more controller options, heck it will even be able to utilize any Wii controllers, I'm not sure if they'll be compatible with all Wii-U games, hopefully they make a bad *** model for them.

@segento:nah bro, seems it's gonna costs over $150, especially during launch.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Sentinel said:
They won't be available to buy separately.
Says who?

Obviously they are going to have to release a controller if multiplayer games are launching out, I wouldn't see why not.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
those controllers are going to end up being mad expensive :( , poor ppl like me wont get 4 anytime soon
Word has it that only one of those touchscreen controllers will be used for each console. All the wii control schemes are compatible. It will probably drive up the console price a good bit, but I don't think it will be much of an issue about buying more of them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From those demos they were playing I see a lot of potential from the wii-u's controller.

That one game where they moved the controller around and the controller showed what was going on in the game in that direction. Brilliant. It's like having a camera that sees into another dimension.

Imagine a game where you can just move the controller to look side to side, or in back of you without having the move the screen and focusing on the task at hand

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nintendo can still make adjustments to the console given how long it will be before it comes out. For all we know, next e3, they'll say 4 tablets are allowed to be used.

Thino

Smash Master
Word has it that only one of those touchscreen controllers will be used for each console. All the wii control schemes are compatible. It will probably drive up the console price a good bit, but I don't think it will be much of an issue about buying more of them.
oh.. yea when I think of it , the specs the console has and what has been shown , it does make sense

that controller seems really designated to be alone operating with one console plus this wii u specs definitely dont have what it takes to stream picture that is supposed to be HD and sound , wirelessly , on 4 of those

wouldnt surprise me if those rumours turned out to be true

OmegaXXII

You guys are being paraniod, this is just like the first ps3 which originally had 6 usb's but the final result ended up with 4.

The point is that maybe the Wii-U will have some modifications from the one shown at e3.

UberMario

Smash Master
I doubt that that each Wii-U will only be able to use one tablet at a time, that would be pointless and prevent some methods of multiplayer from being possible.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I doubt that that each Wii-U will only be able to use one tablet at a time, that would be pointless and prevent some methods of multiplayer from being possible.
It makes sense, actually. Wirelessly streaming video and such seems like it would be hard to do for more than 1 controller.

Anyway, gamer tags make me happy. :3

Top Bottom