• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will there ever be major, non-canon mechanics added to Brawl+?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
peach should get pimp slap.

yes.

Or we could wait on Kryal and make our own animations when it doesnt take 4 hours to do lol

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
code space is no longer a problem. Homegenizing no longer has to be an excuse. "It doesn't have it's place in Brawl+" is also moot as who's to say anything we've added has it's place? Really the only excuse is that it could turn players off as it may be considered another tech barrier that newcomers don't want to learn. However... Isn't that the idea of an AT? I mean, no matter the AT, even others mentioned in this thread, they still require the wherewithall to learn and execute atln otherwise foreign mechanic. At least a directional dodge isn't even entirely alien to the majority of us.

What do you guys think? Please don't flame me, I'd appreciate concise thoughtful responses.

Thanks. Please excuse typos... I typed this from my iPod.
+1 support. HAD is sexy. I dont see how people say it takes away from the ground game, a wavedash would only add to the options for spacing. Take for example falco wavedashing into fast fall lasers, or Donkey Kong tech chasing with a wavedash'd downtilt. It's just so beautiful

Also a cool idea for the counter would be a wind hitbox or something quick and shiny an universal that would push away the enemy. makes it better for getting out of pressure, like a marth double Fair or something

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It's not that it takes away from the ground game, it just homogenizes it. No one wants a homogenized ground game.

lol @ Brawler

Wind boxes make everything better. Even wavedashing.

Untouch

Smash Master
KK I'm going to add the codes to peach, ill use pimpslap, then i'll upload it for you to test, brb

Supper, be back in an hour ish

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
It's not that it takes away from the ground game, it just homogenizes it. No one wants a homogenized ground game.

lol @ Brawler

Wind boxes make everything better. Even wavedashing.
If somebody put windboxes on every landing animation it would end starvation in Africa

And the homogenized arguement is ********, how is that different from saying that dashing homogenizes the ground game. It's another way of movement, with it's pros and cons. IF you were to say, give everybody marth's tilts, then it would be homogenizing it, but movement merely compliments a moveset (see captain falcon) and ultimately its the moves of a character which affects their playstyle.

Random Idea: Could we map say a normal jump to X and a reversed jump to Y for increased RARing fun?

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought up yet, but would it be possible to implement instant grab breaks? Pressing grab+attack in a small window after being grabbed causes both players to slide away from each other with their ground break animation.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
IIRC, it was brought up before and Cape said he played a game with a 1 frame grab break window, and it still ruined grabs.

I like the system we have than an instant grab break window.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I have a good idea.

Make it so that when attacks clank, it makes a sound effect. That's simple, right?
this x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

o w8

it does make a sound effect, but the volume is so low its in audible.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
this x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

o w8

it does make a sound effect, but the volume is so low its in audible.
HMM I WONDER HOW WE COULD FIX THAT

:v

camelot

Smash Ace
Ok, after experimenting, I can conclude that the only time it makes a sound when attacks clank is if Mario is one of the people clanking.

It's weird, try it out.

EDIT: aaaaand I've already found out why. For the "Rebound" subaction (the clank one), it looks like Mario is the only one that has a sound effect play when attacks clank.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Super Armor on fully charged smash would be good for at least on epic lol against somebody who hadnt played before.

Random Idea EXPANDED: Could we map say a normal jump to X and a reversed jump to Y for increased RARing fun? This combined with the HAD would result in running this way -------> reversing jumping to face this way <-- and then wave dashing that way -----> while still facing this way <-- for epic happy feet. And then you shield counter somebodie's dash attack....with wind hitbox. And fast fall some lasers. best movement ever N'est-ce pas?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Just thought of something: I know I'd like to cancel out of charge moves, like charging smashes or Ike's sideB. Like shield-canceling out of them or something.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
we do not appreciate your sakurai mentality go away >:V

jk jk, but srsly. naaaah.
I never said it'd be useful. :p But yeah, I didn't really think my suggestion through very much. It's just an interesting idea that wouldn't break the game.

BEES

Smash Lord
Look at this thread. People are talking about wavedashing again. That's how creative we are I guess. It only takes a few pages before we get back to wavedashing. It's not going to happen. Give it up.

I suggested a reverse dash-cancel at one point, where pressing down and back during a dash caused a dash cancel with reversed momentum. It would be less broken than wavedashing, but would allow for some of the spacing strategies that wavedashing created in Melee. It was shot down because some people thought it would homogenize the gameplay. Crawling characters can dash cancel into a backwards crawl, which has similar uses.

Never mind the counterargument that those characters wouldn't be able to dc into a crawl without Brawl+, so it's technically an arbitrary advantage they've been given.

The point is if rdc is not going to get in, full-blown wavedashing certainly won't.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm making fun of wavedashing atm. I'm all about Tech jumping and Shield Countering (which was the topic for a bit until Brawler brought up HAD lololol)

So yea. Shield Countering. epic imo.

Rayku

Smash Lord
@BEES first suggestion, because I didn't want to read 5 pages of stuff: That tech sounds so amazing for Lucario. I could get to about 150% and just do that to get to my max aura, whereas I have the power of Ike.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
reverse dash canceling sounds interesting, the only disadvantage i can think of is that you could only do it away from your opponent (or towards them but facing the wrong direction.) I still maintain that no technique should be shot down for "homogenizing" gameplay though. The approach options it offers slower characters such as DK and DeDeDe are substantial and different for each. Especially in the case of the latter, I found that when playing with HAD, I could move away from camping his Side B and instead using aggresive approaches with his wavedashed D tillt and F tilt.

Anyways, I agree that this thread is going downhill. I think we need to narrow it down and put forth 2 or 3 techniques that we should attempt to rally for. Probably somekind of ground based "dash", the sheild counter and someother one. Feedback?

mofo_

Smash Ace
The counter would be weakened obv. as you saw, fsmash did like 9% and did **** KB.
was it fmash or was it 3rd hit jab?

for shield counter it should be ftilt or jab for most characters..for olimar how about dtilt?

Top Bottom