• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker VS. Twilight Princess

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I don't know about any of you, but the hunt for the triforce of courage was a huge turn-off for me in WW. In fact, I had played it constantly up that point, and then stopped playing it for months. If it wasn't for that, I would say that it was too close to call.
It was kind of a turn-off, really. That part of the game gets a little annoying and can also be quite tedious. I think another dungeon (in which the Triforce shards were located) should have filled that spot. On the other hand, I guess it is unique to have a quest all over the Great Sea, but I would have preferred another dungeon, hands down.

Wind Waker brought a whole bunch of 'new' to the table, while Twilight Princess simply took what we all loved and grown most emotionally attached to and tried to make it as epic as possible.
WW was also really epic, though, more than TP in my opinion. But you're right, WW introduced many innovative features while TP seemed to recreate what we've already seen. I think that's a plus for WW, though, because the games should introduce new things and not recreate past titles. If they want to do that, they might as well remake OoT or MM.

Twilight Princess suffered from having way too easy bosses, and Link had too many options in sword combat, allowing you to defeat enemies with ease. Wind Waker tended to have a harder difficulty, staying alive wise, but the puzzles were the same difficulty for both games.
TP suffered greatly from the easy bosses. Seriously, the bosses weren't a threat at all, when bosses should be the most difficult part of the game. Thinking realistically, when is fighting a monster 20 times your size easy? But Link having more combat options wasn't the problem (that's actually a plus for TP); it's the simple fact that the enemies in TP barely put up a fight to Link's skills. So instead of toning down the sword skills, they should have toned up the enemy AI.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
OMFG I HATE TP vines. Seriously it takes way too god **** long to climb vines in TP. I could rant about the stupidness of the vines for paragraphs (and I have on other forums), but I'll just leave it at this: THEY ARE STUPID AND TAKE TOO LONG AND ARE STUPID.
:laugh: So, it WASN'T just me after all!! :laugh:

And now that I think about it, the bosses were a little too easy, I mean, Morpheel could've done so much more whenever it swims around!

Spire

III
BRoomer
:laugh: So, it WASN'T just me after all!! :laugh:

And now that I think about it, the bosses were a little too easy, I mean, Morpheel could've done so much more whenever it swims around!
Morpheel's first form as a Morpha clone was a hassle. It's full Gyarados form broke pillars. That's it. And the worst part is, we didn't even need the pillars whatsoever.

What a stupid boss. Easily the biggest boss in the entire series, yet it could do nothing.

ShoutingRyan

Smash Rookie
I like windwaker's graphics, but hate the searching for triforce shards.
Yet Twilight Princess was epic. And Midna was the best sidekick yet.

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
When it all comes down to it, I really think alot of people could've forgave TP if it just had more sidequests and more monsters in hyrule field, even if they were all as easy as ****.

I think they just got too caught up in making the main quest so great that by the time they were done with it, there wasn't much room left for all those tidbits we would've liked due to the gamecubes limitations. Such as sidequests, places to explore, more monsters in hyrule field, secret areas, more NPC interactivement. I know they messed up on the music inclusion because they didn't give it much attention untill they were pretty much out of time. The total would've sold better if they would've actually sold the gamecube version in stores for Japan.

I've been thinking about it for a while, but around how many sales do you think TP gained because of the Twilight Hack back then?

DUB

Smash Lord
I really can't decide. TP was awesome and brought some new stuff to the table, but WW was just overall enjoyable. I could sail around for hours in that game just mapping places out.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
...(majora's mask had almost nothing to do with OOT, so I don't think it counts).
Yes it does. It is obviously a sequel to OoT since it includes the same Link, and its parallels to Hyrule are extremely obvious. It's definitely a sequel, and therefore, should be counted as such. It's surely enough of an OoT sequel as ST is a PH sequel.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yes it does. It is obviously a sequel to OoT since it includes the same Link, and its parallels to Hyrule are extremely obvious. It's definitely a sequel, and therefore, should be counted as such. It's surely enough of an OoT sequel as ST is a PH sequel.
No, it's as much an OoT sequel as PH is a WW sequel and AoL, a LoZ sequel, unless you're talking about the engine the games were made on.

ST : PH :: WW/TP : OoT

Top Bottom