• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

earla

Smash Lord
hey does wolf have any really bad matchups and why?

i know about that sheik ftilt thing, goes to around 80%?

also, whats the update on getting someone to get some 100% accurate frame data? probably a good idea to remove any other ones so you don't confuse anyone.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
hey does wolf have any really bad matchups and why?

i know about that sheik ftilt thing, goes to around 80%?
Dedede, Pikachu, and Wario are his worst matchups. Dedede pretty much shuts down most of Wolf's options, and ***** Wolf offstage. And it's easy for him to get Wolf offstage because of his chain grab (It's also an infinite, but you mash out at low percents because he has to pummel in between Dthrows). Pikachu's chain grab can lead to a 0-death on Wolf, which makes the matchup really touch, but if you can avoid the chain grab then Wolf wins the matchup. I don't know much about the Wario, but from what I've read it's only bad if he knows how to chain grab. I forgot what percent his chain grab starts at, but if he chain grabs you it goes up to a really high percent (don't remember what) and while he's chain grabbing you, his fart is getting charged.

Sheik can be annoying but she's not too bad. Her ftilt lock starts at about 25% and it leads into a tipper Usmash that will kill you. Her Ftilt isn't too hard to avoid though.

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Bad MUs:

D3: Smallstep CG, buffered reverse pivotgrab infinite CG, ledge infinite CG, regular CG. Great grab range really skews risk/reward. Also, his bair does work on Wolf too. D3's good at getting us offstage and trapping us on the ledge, it's just... so bad.

Pikachu: Buffered dthrow CG > buffered dash footstool > QAL > finisher. 0-death. His grab range is a lot easier to avoid though. Idk, never played a good Pikachu but aside from the CG Wolf does pretty well.

Wario: Buffered turnaround dthrow CG from like 20% to a really high % where he'll probably kill you with fthrow. I don't think this MU is so bad aside from the grab issue either, and since Wario plays an aerial game most of the time you can join him there where he can't grab you. My view is a bit more optimistic than everyone else's though :/

Sheik: Yeah, ftilt lock is the only thing pushing it in her favor aside from the occasional gimp. I want to see more high-level play of this MU as well tbh.

MK: It's MK... yeah.

Snake: He outranges us and it's a pain in the butt imo. Also kills us earlier than we kill him. Approaching him is difficult, out-camping him is difficult, but both are somewhat doable with intelligent mixups and whatnot I guess.

Diddy: Faster than us overall, better item throwing data. Hyper-offense Diddy does a pretty decent job of overwhelming Wolf, but Wolf still has plenty of options. Also, his fair is gigantic and annoying.

Falco: Meh, this isn't that bad. His main advantages are the CG > spike (tech onstage or don't get grabbed at low %, both viable ways to work around it), jab ****, and laser ****. Frametrapping aerials and whatnot are good too, but not as problematic for Wolf imo.

ROB, Pit, and ICs are more borderline imo, so I won't get into them. Every other MU is even or better. Basically, Wolf loses to the best characters in the game and characters that have CG shenanigans on him :p

As far as frame data goes, I have no idea :/

earla

Smash Lord
yeah i bought a wii which im gona get hacked so i can get the data myself.

which program/app do i need to get frame data?

D

Deleted member

Yep, I bought that shirt last year. It's amazing because I am a huge coffee fan, too.

tekkie

Smash Master
i could swear i saw that somewhere before; where's it from?

i still kind of just want a shirt with a giant wolf awesome face on it

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Me and Luminoth forgot to play each other at Otakon. Ffffffffffff. We saw the FMA movie though. Was cool.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Back from tourney, had my worst performance in tourney so far and Semifer got bracket *****. Next time I'll be better prepared.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, someone should make a useful thread and stick with it... :x

Idk what'll be going on with the MU threads anymore since the BBR MU project is coming up and that *should* eventually replace the need for MU threads on character boards, btw.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If I have the lead and a character like ROB is planking/spamming can I sit in my reflector away from the ledge until he's forced to come fight or is that stalling?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
If I have the lead and a character like ROB is planking/spamming can I sit in my reflector away from the ledge until he's forced to come fight or is that stalling?
If anything, the R.O.B. would be the one stalling. You can easily run up to a Wolf that's just sitting in their reflector. Standing still does not prevent approaching at all. In fact, I need to remember to do that and that I don't have to approach when I have the lead.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
there's an even better solution to that. what u can do is time the blaster so when he jumps up from the ledge, ur blaster hits him before he can shoot his laser lol.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, people decided to ban norfair and jungle japes from costa rica and nicknamed me the Call of Duty wolf.

Theres also some ****ty discussion on our forums and people want to make Distant planet a counterpick, I know its an horrible stage buuuuuut, if they took norfair and JJ from me, what are my planking and stalling capabilityes of wolf on distant planet:troll:?

I already see that we can Side B from ledge to ledge infinitely

EDIT: That day before receiving that nickname was because I made our best King D3 player ragequit while playing me on norfair, and camped to death our tournament Organizer's ROB on JJ. Am I a bad person for camping D:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah... I saw the results for that. **** was rough, no doubt :/ better luck next time guys <3

You didn't see the results for that - the one's posted on SWF are fake. The real ones are like this:

1st Mr-R - Marth / Snake
2nd Orion - MK / Falco
3rd Leon - Marth
4th Luigi player - Diddy
5th Crysis - Snake
5th Quiksilver - ZSS / Samus
7th BJay - MK
7th Tay - Snake / ZSS / Diddy

Semifer lost to Tay's Snake in winners round 4 and then had to play BJay right after this because BJay lost in a huge upset to a Toon Link player in like 3rd round.

Regarding my own play I will probably start playing with tap jump and learn to angle my shield with it. Semifer can do OoS options without tap jump perfectly but I just can't get it done. It'll probably be easier for me to learn angling my shield with tap jump than learn OoS options without tap jump. Imma hit the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and try to approach certain things differently - my grab game is supposedly really good.

Top Bottom