• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
and Samus can be pretty annoying tbh, + noid is the man
I dunno, I do not find that matchup annoying.

As reported months ago, I attended a noid smashfest when I was on the East Coast in May, so I did get a chance to play a set with him. He's a really good Samus and plays differently than a lot of other Samus's (I've played like 10, never xyro). Buttttttttttttt, the only person I play in Nebraska mains Samus and plays me to about 1 stock, 60% like my matches against noid were. Just watch the spacing of the Zair-PS- and either f-smash/D-smash/D-throw depending on stage location, watch out for fake Zairing into f/d-tilt. If they just spam **** at you, remember Wolfs reflector works X2. If they plank the ledge, you can do whatever you want basically, spiking or d-smash usually the best option, though reflecting is hilarious. If you are on a stage with nicely placed platforms, you will have to look out for up-B and u-air quite a bit, but you can just SD out and punish with relative easy, wolfs f-smash goes like 20 yards. Also, you can out camp Samus too, your blaster openmouth ***** her.

try hitting with the first hit of neutral b :p
I like this idea, bring it to the lab.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I dunno, I do not find that matchup annoying.

As reported months ago, I attended a noid smashfest when I was on the East Coast in May, so I did get a chance to play a set with him. He's a really good Samus and plays differently than a lot of other Samus's (I've played like 10, never xyro). Buttttttttttttt, the only person I play in Nebraska mains Samus and plays me to about 1 stock, 60% like my matches against noid were. Just watch the spacing of the Zair-PS- and either f-smash/D-smash/D-throw depending on stage location, watch out for fake Zairing into f/d-tilt. If they just spam **** at you, remember Wolfs reflector works X2. If they plank the ledge, you can do whatever you want basically, spiking or d-smash usually the best option, though reflecting is hilarious. If you are on a stage with nicely placed platforms, you will have to look out for up-B and u-air quite a bit, but you can just SD out and punish with relative easy, wolfs f-smash goes like 20 yards. Also, you can out camp Samus too, your blaster openmouth ***** her.
Meh. You also played me being stressed out with having too many people over and trying to kick everyone out if I recall correctly.

Play me in tourney bro. Seagull knows that Samus is bad, but I take her to a whole another level in tourney play and break MU ratios. =D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:samus2: can be difficult on Fd and Sv. Platforms hinder her vs :wolf:. Not sure how she is with platforms in other matchups.

Noid is best :samus2:.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Meh. You also played me being stressed out with having too many people over and trying to kick everyone out if I recall correctly.
xyro on smoom's account.

LOL u still johning? just accept u r 2nd best samus.

seagull, come to tx!!!!!! I really wanna play a good wolf. we got none in tx unless u call jumpman good(i think he quit long ago)

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
For anti-planking:
  • You need to hit MK within 13 frames. Dair (16-17 frames) will not work. The possible options are Bair, Nair, Shine, and Blaster (blade hits 11-12).

• Confirmation needed to see if you can actually land Bair/Nair/Shine/Blaster in 13 frames. Wolf doesn't fast fall that quickly and those moves lack big hitboxes underneath Wolf so he might not actually reach MK in time.

• It seems that you are forced to FF due to the buffer window, so no slow falls.

• If Shine is doable, you still need to be able to grab the ledge (walljump might help) with your DJ. If you can't, MK will gimp you since up B's startup is atrocious. Even if you get close enough after the DJ for side B, there's still the possibility that MK can reach you in time with Shuttle Loop.

• If Blaster works, it will look awesome.

There's still private discussion on an alternate method of performing this or something similar with less downsides. That might give Wolf more options.

.AC.

Smash Lord
how much is the increase in knockback you receive if you get hit while charging a smash?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

Play me in tourney bro. Seagull knows that Samus is bad, but I take her to a whole another level in tourney play and break MU ratios. =D
I would love to play you in tournament, all yall were cool. There's a decent chance I'll be in North Carolina again before May of 12 so if I can figure out a way up there or if they have something big, we'll MM. I don't know if I said anything disrespectful, I'm just saying Samus can't touch Wolf and I've played enough matches to feel comfortable with that.

Xyro, I want you to samus me into breaking my thought of +4, maybe I'll see you at one of Lux's tournaments in KC?

samus is lame without wavedashing
Samus is lame without working bombs, a charge shot that you can not survive at like 200%, a "lol wtf is this a nair?" nair or any reliable kill moves.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
xyro on smoom's account.

LOL u still johning? just accept u r 2nd best samus.

seagull, come to tx!!!!!! I really wanna play a good wolf. we got none in tx unless u call jumpman good(i think he quit long ago)
What's there to john? They were friendlies. LOL

I'm just making sure credit isn't given for beating what I do in friendlies and what I do in tourney.

And *****, who have you beaten lately... if ever?

inb4 Samus mains **** the Wolf Social thread

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
For anti-planking:
  • You need to hit MK within 13 frames. Dair (16-17 frames) will not work. The possible options are Bair, Nair, Shine, and Blaster (blade hits 11-12).

• Confirmation needed to see if you can actually land Bair/Nair/Shine/Blaster in 13 frames. Wolf doesn't fast fall that quickly and those moves lack big hitboxes underneath Wolf so he might not actually reach MK in time.

• It seems that you are forced to FF due to the buffer window, so no slow falls.

• If Shine is doable, you still need to be able to grab the ledge (walljump might help) with your DJ. If you can't, MK will gimp you since up B's startup is atrocious. Even if you get close enough after the DJ for side B, there's still the possibility that MK can reach you in time with Shuttle Loop.

• If Blaster works, it will look awesome.

There's still private discussion on an alternate method of performing this or something similar with less downsides. That might give Wolf more options.
See, I thought dair was too slow, but GIMR said it worked so I didn't bother double-checking (since I probably wouldn't try this against MK anyways lol). Your reasoning with shine (gimp issues) is the same as mine :x I'd say that Blaster carries more or less the same risk, since that'll require an upB from a horrible angle.

What's this about a private discussion? :o

how much is the increase in knockback you receive if you get hit while charging a smash?
Your knockback resistance gets a .8 multiplier iirc. So that means you get hit 25% further, excluding momentum cancels and whatnot.

Also, Samus is pretty bad. Noid and Xyro are legit though.

:059:

D

Deleted member

Don't do anything risky offstage. Learn how to use the tilting to your advantage in getting your opponent caught in a sweet-spot Wolf Flash.

Congrats! You now know how to play on Lylat Cruise.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lylat Cruise is the best.

Like, THE best.

Juggle. Jump around and do stuff. Shoot some lasers. SideB to look cool. Don't be an idiot offstage. Do typical ground stuff. Use the tilt to get air releases. Taunt. Platform Cancel if you're awesome enough. Jump around and do some more stuff. etc etc etc

Honestly, I sometimes CP here just because of how much more practical air release sideB becomes. But the platform layout is really great for juggling, and Wolf doesn't get messed up by the tilt too much imo.

*waits for Gheb to also mention how LC is awesome*

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
See, I thought dair was too slow, but GIMR said it worked so I didn't bother double-checking (since I probably wouldn't try this against MK anyways lol). Your reasoning with shine (gimp issues) is the same as mine :x I'd say that Blaster carries more or less the same risk, since that'll require an upB from a horrible angle.

What's this about a private discussion? :o

Your knockback resistance gets a .8 multiplier iirc. So that means you get hit 25% further, excluding momentum cancels and whatnot.

Also, Samus is pretty bad. Noid and Xyro are legit though.

I never said Wolf's D-air worked

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I am being emo.

And drunk.

What else is new.

**** *****es.

GIMR, I thought you told gull in the BBR that it worked? My bad either way :p

:phone:

tekkie

Smash Master
I am being emo.

And drunk.

What else is new.

**** *****es.

GIMR, I thought you told gull in the BBR that it worked? My bad either way :p

:phone:
hey

HEY

no being drunk and emo without me

and my wolf flask which i wont be able to christen for a week and a half

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Semifer and I will attend a tourney in germany tomorrow [80+ entrants!], T won't be there though. Still hope both of us manage to do well. "Well" meaning top 8 for Semifer and top 20 for me :bee:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wow. I am quite coherent when blacked out. Also, I do not recommend being drunk and emo, it's a bad combination lol

Good luck at the tournament Gheb + Semifer! There better be vids :3

EDIT: that wolf flask sounds awesome btw :p

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I was messing around with bad translator last night and I remembered back when people here were talking about wolf cookies, so I entered Wolf Cookie on it, and well...

It seems even bad translator knows the answer to being a successful wolf main.

.AC.

Smash Lord
does anyone know the trip% while hitting with the first hit of fsmash?
i managed to get at least 5 trips in a row somehow o.O

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I don't think we can even follow up a tripped Fsmash with Dsmash unless we foresee the trip ahead of time. I always dash grab the direction away cause they roll that way about 75% of the time.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I was messing around with bad translator last night and I remembered back when people here were talking about wolf cookies, so I entered Wolf Cookie on it, and well...

It seems even bad translator knows the answer to being a successful wolf main.

This is wonderful lmao.

*cuts self*

I've wondered this myself, I do know I should either d-smash afterwards though :)
Nuuuu ;__;

Pivot dsmash MIGHT be guaranteed after a fsmash trip, which woould be awesome :3 Haven't tested, but pivot jab is faster anyways so I try to go with that.

I don't think we can even follow up a tripped Fsmash with Dsmash unless we foresee the trip ahead of time. I always dash grab the direction away cause they roll that way about 75% of the time.
This sounds pretty legit too.

Top Bottom