• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's best CP stages (WIP, discuss character-specific tips if you have any!)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolfs best stage is Halberd.

The TKD's spacey rule should be in place:

Spacies can only be taken to Halberd, Smashville, Battlefield, and Fd.

Wolf is awful on Rainbow Cruise. He is also bad on Brinstar ESPECIALLY vs Mk. Wolf is ok on Castle Siege. He is good on Delfino, but it depends on who he's playing. Wolf is good on all neutrals. Yoshi's Island is a good cp for Wolf vs people because it's the least chosen neutral and the sides are smaller then most stages. Picto is ok for Wolf. Wolf's good on Norfair vs everyone except Mk. Wolf's bad on Frigate. Lylat is variable between bad and good. Wolf's very good on ps1. Dtilt wall locks everywhere are awesome.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Brinstar he isn't amazing, but it's very character dependent. Vs D3 he's good (Not amazing), but like...Mk/Wario, no...

I just wouldn't Cp Brinstar. I always cp Fd, Bf, Sv, Halberd, or Delfino.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well, of course your CP depends on the character >_> I mean, I like Halberd a lot with Wolf too, but I wouldn't take Snake there. Just like how I wouldn't take MK/Wario to Brinstar, or MK/GW to RC, or ICs/D3 to FD, or Sonic to Picto, or DK to YI, etc... Wolf isn't particularly amazing on any CP stage, but he doesn't get shut down by any of them overall, it's just certain matchups that suck on that stage because of the other character. It's more about learning how to handle CP stages, since so many people don't know how to deal with them as well as they should. Just by becoming familiar with CP stages you can use intelligent bans to avoid being put at much of a disadvantage when your opponent CPs you (not counting character CPs >_>)

:059:

D

Deleted member

Player preference plays a role, too. I love Pictochat and Delfino just because I think they're fun to play on. Generally, I do pretty good on Delfino.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
they can space/time stuff aginst the spike it's not like dair is fast or anything

against mk you could try that but end up eating like three uairs and a tornado (i know kain did this to lain or something where lain just bent over and took what must be the fastest sneakiest most broken dair spike in the game with MK while sharking)
I did it once to M2K too. Still lost tho :awesome:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Halberd is "good" for Wolf, but tbh it's not really any better than BF or something depending on playstyle and all that. Idk many people who actually dislike Halberd lol

Laem

Smash Champion
gull, why do u think its wolfs best stage o.o

also i just skimmed through the OP and for the first time in my life saw upb lightstepping

haxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
gull, why do u think its wolfs best stage o.o

also i just skimmed through the OP and for the first time in my life saw upb lightstepping

haxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Because for some reason the claw never goes for me, you can scar anywhere, you can platform camp if need be on both parts of the stage, it's got a smaller ceiling so fair/utilt/usmash kill earlier, and I just do good here lol. The 2nd part of the stage is also so large that Wolf can easily zone. It's like Fd with a big platform in the middle, which makes it Final Island (Fd and Yi :bee:). I'm gonna call halberd Final Island now just because.

It's my number one cp of choice except vs like Snake. I know a few other Wolfs have cp'd halberd before from watching.

JCav

Smash Lord
I like halberd because when you're on the smaller.. er.. traveling part of the stage (part without the hazards) you can illusion to the platform without jumping which produces minimal landing lag that makes Wolf increasingly mobile and is difficult to punish.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
if you shark then someone breaks the middle you die.
Damn you sonic.

I like halberd because when you're on the smaller.. er.. traveling part of the stage (part without the hazards) you can illusion to the platform without jumping which produces minimal landing lag that makes Wolf increasingly mobile and is difficult to punish.
I'm gonna try that tonight.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
YI personally is a gross stage for wolf. (I think)
Not enough room to zone....
You cant ac fair if you do it out of a ledgehop.....
Bair is weird cause of the platform unless you learn that tech....
I just all around hate it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
YI depends mostly on your opponent imo, I don't feel like there's anything bad about it at all except for the ridiculous difficulty of lightstepping :<

JCav

Smash Lord
YI depends mostly on your opponent imo, I don't feel like there's anything bad about it at all except for the ridiculous difficulty of lightstepping :<

Can be a hindrance but possibly a blessing my friend. Even though I pretty much can't even lightstep on Yoshi's Island at all, you can use the wall to your advantage. You can drop down a little bit, and just illusion back to the ledge, no telestepping, no lightstepping, nothing. You can even hold down for a little bit to get the hitbox out. It can be used to stall up a little bit of time I suppose but it's one of the reasons why I like that stage.

Ishiey do you actually lightstep as a part of your game o.o
And every wofl should imo

JCav

Smash Lord
You can do that on every stage.
I think wolves should do that more
I agree with that too, it's like a hitbox that could potentially kill and isn't as punishable as lighstepping if you accidentally do it.

Also, Brinstar is soooooo good. Illusion tricksies are plentiful :)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Ishiey do you actually lightstep as a part of your game o.o
Occasionally. Usually to look boss lol

Can be a hindrance but possibly a blessing my friend. Even though I pretty much can't even lightstep on Yoshi's Island at all, you can use the wall to your advantage. You can drop down a little bit, and just illusion back to the ledge, no telestepping, no lightstepping, nothing. You can even hold down for a little bit to get the hitbox out. It can be used to stall up a little bit of time I suppose but it's one of the reasons why I like that stage.

And every wofl should imo
Yeah, you can do that on every stage but it's a bit easier on YI. Good fun, and as Arrows said, definitely something people should consider a bit more ;D The main thing about YI is the sloped main platform imo, pretty sure that can mess up CGs. Also allows for some strange things on the ledge, like dsmash edgeguard for us lol. But then there are characters like DK and Sonic that get invincibility :/

JCav

Smash Lord
Ish, you must use the slope for illusion tricksies! If it's sloped you can illusion and land with pretty small lag and pretty much whatever the angle is at Yoshi's Island, illusion-ing to the platform is pretty easy

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Figured I'd throw this out.

Tonight I was playing on Brinstar and I just sat in the middle of the stage throwing lasers waiting for my opponent to shark so I could Dair them because I read this thread today. It works! Thanks Nintendo Power!

Top Bottom