• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Women General Discussion- Why Discuss anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
As much as I'm really tired of the "every white guy loves azn womenz" stereotype that comes with the internet, I cannot deny that I am in love with Lucy Liu.

There are plenty of pictures of her, but honestly I don't like many of them.

My favorite Lucy Liu appearance? Lucky # Slevin. That was a sweet movie, and she was great in it, for the time that she was in it.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Wow this got headed pretty quick after my post.

Anyway I don't see a problem with it at all,I mean we both enjoy ourselves and It's not like there are any unrealistic dreams/hopes of getting back together or anything(believe me we talked about it)

It's just two horny people,who know how to push each others buttons and doing it for fun.(She has her tongue pierced too ;) )

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Glam versus real: I'd take a women with no glam over one full of it any day. I find lack of makeup a attractive, for many reasons, the main one being confidence in your own beauty. Bat for Lashes has anemia, so she's always hiding her eyes behind a lot of eye makeup or her bangs because of the superficial world she works in (and has expressed loathing for in her documentary), but, when i find her most beautiful is when she's not poshed up for the camera, and just being natural, regardless of the puffy bags around her eyes.

versus

She's gorgoius either way, I just wish they wouldn't subject her to this.

Also, I have a question for the more experienced members, those in married or were married. The women that I "love" are generally different then the women I "lust". My father doesn't understand this, but sex is of much higher priority to him. Is it bad that my mind seperates the two? I still get turned on by the women I love, but don't lust after them like I do others, but don't love those I lust for, and couldn't.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Exactly.

What's the point of still having intercourse w/ the ex if you broke up?

Edit: @Luigi, you didn't answer my question so I won't answer yours (if I haven't fallen asleep).
Because sex is fun and feels good and it's actually not morally reprehensible to have sex outside of a relationship (blasphemy I know). When you get older and go through more relationships you will probably understand better.

As for the makeup topic, I don't mind it either way. Some girls can look stunning right out of the bed, but I like a little bit of makeup depending on how the girl applies it. It's definitely very easy to overkill it and look really tacky/like a prostitute.

Here's some French New Wave girls.

the immaculate, inimitable Anna Karina

Anouk Aimee

Brigitte Bardot sex raptor

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Jam: probably shouldn't argue with GOD, I hear that dude's pretty good at stuff.
Then how come he got banned from the--*gets shot* :p

lol, girl topic in the Proom.

ALWAYS A BLAST!
Serious business erridai homes!

Just remember that Original Sin is your fault! :mad:
I'm an atheist, so what is this original sin you're squawking about? :p

On point: Make May 8th the best graduation ever for me: Give me a date with...

Peeze, we'll just have to beg to differ on this one...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Ok i have a New topic i want to discuss, because this is a discussion thread:

why are women genuinely NOT funny or witty?

and i dont mean the "oh she's funny in a goofy way' or "she's so innocent and sweet its adorablly funny"

I mean, why are women by and large just not funny?

think about this for a second: why are the majority of stand-up and improve comics MEN? and even if you can name a few women, there are simply hundreds more men in a field which doesnt seem to have any other clear definition why it would be so sexually dominated by men.
In my life i've met dozens of male aquaintences who by their nature are witty and make me laugh, this is FAR more rare quality among the women i've met.

You would think that a quality as simple as being funny would be evenly dstributed between the sexes but its not.

i have a theory on this but i'd like to hear what you guys think, or if you might even disagree with me.

D20

Smash Lord

and i dont mean the "oh she's funny in a goofy way' or "she's so innocent and sweet its adorablly funny"

think about this for a second: why are the majority of stand-up and improve comics MEN? and even if you can name a few women, there are simply hundreds more men in a field which doesnt seem to have any other clear definition why it would be so sexually dominated by men.
In my life i've met dozens of male aquaintences who by their nature are witty and make me laugh, this is FAR more rare quality among the women i've met.

You would think that a quality as simple as being funny would be evenly dstributed between the sexes but its not.

i have a theory on this but i'd like to hear what you guys think, or if you might even disagree with me.

Women don't have to be. One... society does not encourage this behavior in women. Two... women attract mates with their looks. A woman's image is of much greater importance. Seems shallow? Yes. However, at a biological level, an attractive woman tells potential mates that she is healthy and will produce healthy children. Men, on the other hand, use wit to command a sense of leadership. If a man speaks well, he will have followers. Women, especially in today's world, look for a socially "powerful" man.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion

Nearly everything I laugh about originated out of the male mind. I've watched a ton of standup and jokes to realise I think things are funny if they are true or follow my own opinion.

No offense to the ladies but you guys gossip a lot. I can't laugh at something if it's only theoretical. Mainly it's because the girls around me don't even try to be funny. They don't care, they're so used to us guys making them laugh that they took the comedian in them and sort of toss it away.

They can be funny, but not AS funny imo.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Wittiness and humour are considered ''male'' characteristics and thus not attractive for a woman to be by most people. I think it's purely a societal/conditioning thing.

I remember one night with my housemates; we met this random drunk girl who happenned to be hilarious. We all had a fun conversation, but afterwards the guys said they were a little intimidated by how funny she was - as if they had to keep the jokes going or think of something funnier because they're ''supposed'' to be funnier. They didn't find that quality in her attractive.

(Personally, I don't care)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Women don't have to be. One... society does not encourage this behavior in women. Two... women attract mates with their looks. A woman's image is of much greater importance. Seems shallow? Yes. However, at a biological level, an attractive woman tells potential mates that she is healthy and will produce healthy children. Men, on the other hand, use wit to command a sense of leadership. If a man speaks well, he will have followers. Women, especially in today's world, look for a socially "powerful" man.
this is pretty much exactly in line with my theory.

Men have biologically evolved certain traits that over time have helped in their success for finding mates and repoducing, Humour happens to be one of them, just like strength. Reproduction success is afterall the end all, be all goal in nature.
Women on the other hand have similarly developed certain traits that have over time increased their ability to reproduce, but humour was not one of the qualities they developed or needed to develop to attract mates.

On a different note, i find this quality of witt or humour to be EXTREMLY attractive in women. on the rare occasions i've met funny women, i've found them to be very attractive.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know (I probably shouldn't be talking since I'm 13), girls like humor and protection if anyone remembers my old failure "Relationships" thread. Typically, us guys go for looks. I'm a big guy, and my girlfriend says she feels safe around me. As said before, women like "powerful" men.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I find it really dubious to suggest that humor is a biological trait as opposed to a social construct.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
How so?
im interested to hear how you can make a more convinving arguement for social construct than biological trait.

also, just to throw it out there before we go any further, a trait doesnt have to be exclusive to either biological or environmental factors, it could be a product of both, i happen to think in this case its more the former.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Well, the suggestion has been made that women don't have to be funny, because they can rely on other traits. That's a social statement. The idea that humor indicates confidence and leadership is also a social statement, since concepts like confidence and leadership themselves are social constructs.

Basically, all the arguments posted so far are based on the way that men and women relate to each other, not on explicit biology.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
@jam
With the exception of my own. I've explicitly said that men might have evolved into being naturally more humourous because they need it in attracting mates while women didnt.

and its not that women "dont have to be funny because they can rely on other traits", i was leaning more towards something like "the reason women arent funny today is because they never needed that trait to be successful over the course of evolution"

its not about relying on some traits over others, its about developing some traits preferrentially over others.

although other people have made comments which seem to lean towards the basis being social construction, I personally was aiming for biological reasoning in my posts.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
@jam
With the exception of my own. I've explicitly said that men might have evolved into being naturally more humourous because they need it in attracting mates while women didnt.

and its not that women "dont have to be funny because they can rely on other traits", i was leaning more towards something like "the reason women arent funny today is because they never needed that trait to be successful over the course of evolution"

its not about relying on some traits over others, its about developing some traits preferrentially over others.

although other people have made comments which seem to lean towards the basis being social construction, I personally was aiming for biological reasoning in my posts.
But how do you evolve "funny," when what is and isn't humorous is culturally and socially defined? That's what I'm getting at: women lacking humor is based on what we consider to be funny, and that has little, if anything, to do with biology.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I love Arab/Hispanic women.

That is all.

I'm also very particular about personality and physical traits, but my girlfriend meets all those requirements.

I'm not wording this post very well, there are simply too many positive things to say about women.

I couldn't live without them, and all this is considerably reinforced by me having a beautiful Puerto Rican girlfriend with the greatest personality in a partner I could ask for.

<3

CRASHiC has one of the best signatures I've seen on SmashBoards.

Expect me to lurk this thread a lot from now on.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I love Arab/Hispanic women.

That is all.

I'm also very particular about personality and physical traits, but my girlfriend meets all those requirements.

I'm not wording this post very well, there are simply too many positive things to say about women.

I couldn't live without them, and all this is considerably reinforced by me having a beautiful Puerto Rican girlfriend with the greatest personality in a partner I could ask for.

<3

CRASHiC has one of the best signatures I've seen on SmashBoards.

Expect me to lurk this thread a lot from now on.
You can't miss something you never tasted in the first place (if you were born where women non-existent).

Skler

Smash Master
I like how this thread is pretty much Jam saying true things and people who have far less experience on the subject saying very untrue things. Then there's the sideshow of Pville being kind of vulgar, which isn't meant to sound rude at all even though it must come off that way.

Then there are pictures of women, and for some reason I just really don't see anything in them. It's like when people say Megan Fox is really hot and I just don't feel it. Maybe I just don't care about looks enough.

What am I, gay? I need to see some boobs, stat.

On a side note, the last page is full of intelligent discussion! Good ****, last page.

More on topic: Women aren't funny because we'll pretend to laugh at whatever they say anyways. Deep down we all know it's true. Maybe if we were more honest and didn't laugh at their bad jokes they'd be funnier.

That was kind of tongue in cheek but also not.

.Marik

is a social misfit
You can't miss something you never tasted in the first place (if you were born where women non-existent).
Come again?

I've dated Muslim girls before. I'm also white and not Muslim.

GET @ THE CRACKER. :yoshi:

I'm actually 3/4 Aboriginal, but have a fairly pale complexion.

Totally agreed. My wife is actually half-Palestinian and half- Puerto Rican.
That is amazing.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright, you guys had your chance.

You all are just being way too derogative towards women for me to keep this open. A 16 year old is telling you this. Think about it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Now I don't want to toot my own horn or anything,but she told be before that no one has made her *** like me.Is that maybe why she keeps coming back to me?
came in here expecting pics of boobies...no such pics found...left without a boner
no pics tho, but in a thread devoted to the awesomeness of women, we should so hold a retrospective moment of Ohm for all the ladies out there who have done this (and liked it!)
Strong e-standards in this thread.

It's just two horny people,who know how to push each others buttons and doing it for fun.(She has her tongue pierced too ;) )
This thread is interesting to read yet is making me feel oddly sad to be a woman at the same time. Hmm.

What am I, gay? I need to see some boobs, stat.
What I think of your request for more boobs

I'd ride that wave till the tide came in

Its better this way :mad:
This is why the thread was closed. There were also lesser posts that contributed to this decision, but you guys definitely failed at discussing something before going off the perv cliff. Good job, and way to offend women (refer to Thundermistress's post).

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
PS. No relationship threads or anything of that matter. You guys have proven time and time again that you can't handle these topics well. Even the thought of creating a topic about solely women is pretty stupid and just asking for trouble.

Oh god I just skimmed this topic. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom