• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 3: 185 Ledge grabs later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i think i can beat a dk on yoshi's island...not like dk can do anything to anyone anyway

:troll:

Jtails

Smash Lord
ton of salt due to misconceptions which led to using the bbr as a scapegoat
whelp if its not their fault, ma bad.

people just make rules in a byass way towards their characters.

In nyc we had some good mk banned tournaments with still Anti and Bum getting top placings, not due to character, or abusing the rules. but just because of skill.

I'm not saying ban mk, I'm just saying rules should be made more towards skill. another upset i'd say is m2k vs coney. why didn't coney make money for being a better player?

rules..

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Hopefully this gave lil Razer enough confidence to finally MM me for $20.

Good **** guy :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Theres a reason EC players excel wherever they go. Because we play with the best ruleset that actually reflects player skill and not gimmicks and bull**** just to get an easy win. I'm not saying that I wouldn't abuse the rules for money, because honestly I'm broke and I wouldn't travel to not make money.
nope

high population density has a lot more to do w/ it

Jtails

Smash Lord
nope

high population density has a lot more to do w/ it
if that is true then players from other regions should always outplace ny/nj players. but its actually the total opposite, our unranked players beat other regions ranked.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if that is true then players from other regions should always outplace ny/nj players. but its actually the total opposite, our unranked players beat other regions ranked.

so....you're saying the the NY/NJ area is the least dense smasher populated area in the US?

are you high?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Ok wait how did I get LAST in low tier o_O??
I won my first match, then got sent to losers by Ally.

I thought you could only get last if you lost both matches right away.

Jtails

Smash Lord
so....you're saying the the NY/NJ area is the least dense smasher populated area in the US?

are you high?
I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that we should get ***** at any OOR region we go to. ranked players or otherwise.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ok wait how did I get LAST in low tier o_O??
I won my first match, then got sent to losers by Ally.

I thought you could only get last if you lost both matches right away.
it means you were 1 of however many people who had to play an extra match. it doesn't really matter, you you still tied with everyone else who lost the place above you

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Hi ripple!!!

I hope we get to play someday, I never ever play any dk that isnt will

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
your example still proves high density. if you have a ****ton of people, youll have more good people. since everyone has the same number of ranked players (~10), your high density has more good people who dont fit in there.

Jtails

Smash Lord
your example still proves high density. if you have a ****ton of people, youll have more good people. since everyone has the same number of ranked players (~10), your high density has more good people who dont fit in there.
but skill is all relative, so the ranked players are the best out of all the other players in their region. so even if there are alot of players or a few players. what you're saying is that we have sooo many players which means they are all better anyway? I don't really get how high density disproves regions doing well.

so if players from ny/nj could all be ranked #1-5 in every other region how are they NOT more skilled players?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Im not saying that theyre actually bad, just that because you have more people, you have more good people. Not because you play with a better ruleset.

Esca

Smash Champion
some stupid ****talking
Dude, take your salty *** to your salty *** NY threads. Nobody in here wants to hear that bull****. In all honesty, I'm not starting drama you just need to shut the **** up because nobody is about this ****.

There should be a mod who gives infractions throughout results threads for off-topic BS.

This is a RESULTS thread and should be for positive measures and shoutouts only. I honestly think if you didn't attend the tournament you shouldn't be able to post in the results thread for said tournament.

clowsui

Smash Legend
but skill is all relative, so the ranked players are the best out of all the other players in their region. so even if there are alot of players or a few players. what you're saying is that we have sooo many players which means they are all better anyway? I don't really get how high density disproves regions doing well.

so if players from ny/nj could all be ranked #1-5 in every other region how are they NOT more skilled players?
you completely misunderstood the point of my post

population density has a much higher correlation to skill than rulesets

let's take for example two of the most "skill dense" states, OH and KS. they're ~13 hrs driving time away.

NY/NJ, in the most skill dense areas, does not even approach to that much driving time. AT MOST, five to six hours away...at MOST.

EDIT: sorry Esca, i was making this post while you were posting

Jtails

Smash Lord
I see, well I tire of this.

theres no real experiment to prove why, why players are better so its pointless to make any sort of arguement.

anywho i'm getting to bed, gn all

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
EC reppin :D good job everyone :) Kirby is seriously getting no love though. Pit as well, needs more kirbinpit :)

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Jtails went ham on this this.

Edit, posts load automatically now without refreshing?

bio chibo hylian name search and confirm this <3

Jtails

Smash Lord
Dude, take your salty *** to your salty *** NY threads. Nobody in here wants to hear that bull****. In all honesty, I'm not starting drama you just need to shut the **** up because nobody is about this ****.

There should be a mod who gives infractions throughout results threads for off-topic BS.

This is a RESULTS thread and should be for positive measures and shoutouts only. I honestly think if you didn't attend the tournament you shouldn't be able to post in the results thread for said tournament.
yeah i was writing my goodnight post whilst you were posting.

I didn't mean for any negativity, lol but if you feel so strongly about it like i said money match me. I didn't mean to bother anyone so calm down.
and yeah you're right I didn't attend, but other people who didn't were interjecting about the lgl which is a RULE. and my posts were about RULES and who makes them

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Illmatic getting 13th as Peach? My mind has been completely blown good ****

Esca

Smash Champion
Illmatic totally exceeded my expectations as far as placing went.

You gained sooo much respect this tourney, Christian.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Auto-update is pretty sexy, glad they added it on mobile :) yeah peach did swell at this.

Goodjob razer! He did his thing with snake

Acryte

Smash Ace
wtf does that katakana up top say its gibberish to me -_-

ヒホノヌネヤモ hihononuneyamo
マニ mani
ヤネナ yanena
メマユホト memayuhoto
ラマメフト ramamefuto

??????????
can't make any sense of it

Cook

Smash Master
I used MK, ICs. Also lol @ the random salt that TX players were having for Vinnie doing so good. SHOW DEM BOIZ VINNIE WHY YOU DA BESS :gw:

Love you all<3 awesome final tournament. Ima miss y'all forever<3

If this was posted somewhere else in the thread i'm sorry since cook's internet is ***.

~Atomsk

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Ally - Fun matches in low tiers.
Noid - Really nice Samus. You play a little differently from Xyro. It's hard to say who's better.
Fuujin - One of the best Zeldas I've ever played. Those friendlies were fun.
Coney - I loved playing your DDD. I wish I could've played you more.
Will - Thanks for the friendlies, your DK is too good.
Neon - Fun matches. I played a lot better against you here than at MLG.
Maharba - Awesome Pit, I had fun playing you.
Zeton - Good job beating me. I actually went into our match thinking I was gonna lose and I was right. You replaced my match vs Larry for my biggest upset ever. x.x
Vinnie - Sorry I had to play that way in our 2nd match. That was the first time playing that way and I only did it cause ESAM told me to and I really wanted to win.
ESAM - Thanks for teaching me how to play against IC's, lol. Also, I played so terrible in our MM so I want a rematch next time we see each other again. ;) Oh and learn that Peach MU! I wanna help you with that so it doesn't happen again.
Razer - You destroyed me on RC. x.x
Yosh - Fun games, you got a good Yoshi.
Illmatic - Good job beating ESAM, I really thought he was gonna win.
Seibrik - Thanks for MM'ing me.
Canadian Sonic and other Sonic - Was fun hanging out with you guys the whole weekend. Sucks that we didn't really get to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom