• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO=Houston,tx=April 10-12th! go to results thread for pics/vids/results

Status
Not open for further replies.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Xyro clearly isn't changing the list, and that's why he is a bad TO. TO's are supposed to litsen to the overall consensus of players attending the tournament to make the tournament as liked and BALANCED as possible.

Oh well, have fun with Inui exploiting those stages. He has the patience of a beast.

<3 Inui
<----I never thought I'd see the day
"Xyro clearly isn't changing the list, and that's why he is a bad TO."
So you mean, he's a bad TO because he isn't listening to YOU?

Actually, he clearly isn't changing the list because he has WORK and ISNT on SWF trolling the threads like SOME people. *glares* And I guess you DONT want the stages changed AT ALL because for every insult you make its that much HARDER for me to get them changed. THANK YOU. Jerk. THANK YOU for making even ME not want to change the stages now. Seriously, do you really think you can get someone to change something by insulting them? What are you, stupid? I'm perhaps the ONLY person that can get him to change them and your being insulting?!?! Seriously?! Do you NOT want them changed? I guess not.

As for being a "good" TO... NO, being a good TO does NOT mean listening to what other people say and doing what they want. That's called being a pushover. It's what got Smash at EVO so screwed up (the guys at EVO tried to listened to the Smashers who all kept being contradictory and in the end made EVO hate them with a fiery passion - so in "revenge" EVO said screw you to them the following year with Brawl, and THAT's why Brawl has such gay rules in EVO - because of Smashers demanding the TOs do as they say - but that's a whole other can of worms that we'll not go into).

Being a good TO means...
- negotiating a good venue
- getting set-ups and procuring equipment
- advertising
- sponsoring
- running the event on time
- running the event smoothly and efficiently
- assuring payout gets done

Have YOU ever booked a first class hotel? Have YOU ever gotten over 51 set-ups, including TVs and the systems to run them on? Have YOU ever gotten advertising with major companies including Sony, Nintendo, Nissan, Paramount Pictures and a whole slew of on-line ads? Have YOU ever gotten over $1000 in sponsorship money (with possibly MORE coming in)? Have YOU ever run over 100-man brackets on a constant monthly basis? Have YOU run tournament for over SEVEN years? Have YOU?! HM?!

No? I didn't think so.

And for your information... He does listen. Withstanding, when it is provided in a polite and reasonable manner. Like, how St. Viers asked. Honestly, ONLY because St. Viers asked like how he did, will I actually continue to bother to go forth and speak with Xyro about this. You should all thank St. Viers for how he posted.

Now, all I ask that you guys WAIT and let me ACTUALLY GO DO THIS. --- It may take a few days. ---- We have college and work you know. If unfounded insults from whining high schoolers keep up, even I will not bother to try to help.

Inui, I respect you as a player. I hope that you have some respect for me from when we hung out last year. Please back me up on trying to help and tell these guys to take a chill pill (seriously, the insulting is REALLY making this HARDER for me - and I'm trying to help).

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah guys you can definitely trust DugFinn to look out for you so just chill and wait until she talks to Xyro or w/e.

Btw, I know all about being a good TO. Most people tell me I'm one of the best TOs, if not the best, that they've ever seen. :D

Part of being a good TO that you missed is making sure everyone wants to come, and most importantly, wants to come back, and if part of that is making the rules different, then so be it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
So you're telling me being a good TO has nothing to do with listening to the players outlooks on rules that can bend the results of a big tournament drastically and cause players to exploit stages in order to win.

Evo 2k8 was different, they didn't listen to SWF. They listened to their home site Shroyuken. I figure that a TO would be able to listen to respectable users of SWF, ESPECIALLY Inui, who has proven himself to be a world class player.

Xyro just ignorantly shut down all of Inui's legit debate points, with his own points that Inui already covered properly. Stop defending Xyro and look at things from a neutral perspective.

I'm a TO as well, biggest TO in Canada for brawl and responsible for major tournaments in Canada. The last tournament I ran had over 35 setups and payed out more than 1000 dollars. Don't try to insult my TO experience in an attempt to defend Xyro.

I insult Xyro because they way he handles situations are amazingly unprofessional and "un TO-Like"

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but just chill for now LOL it'll be cool. ;) Thanks for the defence, Niko, but I suggest just waiting for DugFinn to do something.

My biggest tournament had 71 players. I feel so insignificant now with you two throwing out such huge numbers. :(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Meh, I doubt I'll be going to this or any other houston tournaments for awhile that have rulesets like this. I'm sick of horrible rules that separate us from the rest of the country.

Best of luck running the tournament. I have nothing against Xyro or Dugfinn, both amazing TO's I just really disagree with the ruleset.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
My rules are pretty much the same throughout the entire Atlantic North region. Sometimes you'll see a stage like Norfair on here and there and some tournaments don't have the same stage strike system, etc., but it's usually really similar.

Brawl Rules:
* Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, seven minute time limit.
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* The bracket will be seeded by crews/region and rankings.
* Items will be off.
* Life stealing is allowed in teams.
* Smashballs will be OFF.
* Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* You can't counterpick a stage that you won on.
* The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
* Any attempt at lame tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame tactics will result in forfeit.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, we're stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)
*The stage strike system will be used to determine the first stage. Each player, starting with the higher seed or determined by the players with something like rock/paper/scissors, will strike one stage from the neutral list until only one is left, and that will be the stage played on for the first match.

Stages:

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Counterpicks:
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

I've yet to ever recieve a complaint about these rules. >_>;

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I agree with Inui. The likelihood of Xyro changing anything is extremely unlikely, though. He likes it when stage hazards save Samus from the MK's that are playing to win.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Meh, I doubt I'll be going to this or any other houston tournaments for awhile that have rulesets like this. I'm sick of horrible rules that separate us from the rest of the country.

Best of luck running the tournament. I have nothing against Xyro or Dugfinn, both amazing TO's I just really disagree with the ruleset.
At this point if I were the TO, IMHO, it wouldn't matter to me what my personal opinions are on the stages. If I thought Pictochat and Pipes were perfectly fine, it wouldn't matter. When my regions, and I mean the entire Southwest's pretty much spokesperson says he doesn't want to go to a tournament because it separates him from the country, that's when it would kick in my head that something is wrong.

Hylian is a mod in the backroom, arguably the biggest contributor on Smashboards, always in a good mood/hyping things up, and the most well known player in all of Texas. I think Texas, I think Hylian.

If I was the TO and HYLIAN wasn't going to my tournament due to the rules, they'd be changed reallll quick.

D

Deleted member

At this point if I were the TO, IMHO, it wouldn't matter to me what my personal opinions are on the stages. If I thought Pictochat and Pipes were perfectly fine, it wouldn't matter. When my regions, and I mean the entire Southwest's pretty much spokesperson says he doesn't want to go to a tournament because it separates him from the country, that's when it would kick in my head that something is wrong.

Hylian is a mod in the backroom, arguably the biggest contributor on Smashboards, always in a good mood/hyping things up, and the most well known player in all of Texas. I think Texas, I think Hylian.

If I was the TO and HYLIAN wasn't going to my tournament due to the rules, they'd be changed reallll quick.
to add on top of this, Hylian has not only proposed to you to unify with the remainder of the US (to encourage OOS participation past $) but has ALREADY created a highly accepted variation of stage rules which can be seen here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205461

Hylian has an amazing reputation, single-handedly repping the mainstream TX tournament scene in both the SBR and outside smash scenes like Florida.

I'm going to stick with Jesiah and Hylian on this one. There's really no reason to deviate from the standard, and it only functions to benefit your tournament to go with him on this one.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I agree with Inui. The likelihood of Xyro changing anything is extremely unlikely, though. He likes it when stage hazards save Samus from the MK's that are playing to win.
I avoided accusing him of such things...but...Samus, while crappy, is an extremely heavy character that lives significantly longer than lighter weight top tiers like MK, Falco, Diddy, Game and Watch, and Olimar when hit by stage hazzards like spikes, bombs, and cars. >_>;

@Jesiah: Yeah, I agree. I view Hylian as the representative of Texas. He's active, has high status here, and has actually gone OOS and impressed other regions with his skill.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well, I guess I have to repeat myself... PLEASE READ THE FOLlOWING:

1. "run around and hop back and forth" is NOT banned. Doing this is fine. Stalling "excessively" is banned. What is excessively? Doing it with the purpose of running the clock out intentionally and/or over long periods of time where it provides no strategic advantage other THAN running the clock out. Dr. Mario Guy, I've seen you play. You play perfectly fine. You do not fall into this category. The way you play will not get you in any trouble. People, we're talking about EXCESSIVE.
You haven't seen me play recently. I will run up the clock for 4+ minutes... and under these rules it would probably be viewed as stalling. Which is fine, it just makes me specifically (doesn't affect much of Texas) less motivated to come to this, since I actually am forced to do this for my harder matchups. I'm not ragging on Allan, I probably wouldn't be able to make it to this irregardless of the rules.

2. The $1000 IS BEING DISTRIBUTED INTO THE TOP SPOTS! It is NOT going only to first place. This will be corrected in the title eventually. It was corrected on the first post days ago.

3. As for stages.... I already said that I would talk to Xyro about it. So, stop posting about that (every time you post about it you make it harder for me to possibly get them changed - if you want them changed then - stop making it harder for me!)

4. Xyro is an amazing TO. Seriously, he is. Please don't negatively post about a TO whose tournaments you have never been to. As a fellow TO, you should know better.
K I just was making sure not all of it was going to 1st.

That's fine about stages, I was just voicing my opinion. I probably won't be able to go to this but I'm hoping my opinion helps shape the stage list. :)

Lol I wasn't posting negative about him, was that directed at me? :0

Niko_K

Smash Master
Nah it was directed towards me, because I'm rather blunt and everything I said was pretty factual.

True facts.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Wow. I read this thread for the first time and what do I see? Seven pages of arguing. Lol. I'm going to laugh if no one shows up because of all the squabbling.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Wow. I read this thread for the first time and what do I see? Seven pages of arguing. Lol. I'm going to laugh if no one shows up because of all the squabbling.
It's taking place at an anime convention..... even if there isn't SWF players, chances are 100 noobs will gladly enter the tournament. After all, Akon hit a 128 cap extremely quickly.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Guys--chill out. I knw you are getting ticked at xyro, but taking shots at his skills as a TO is stupid. He may not be a...not sure the right word...considerate TO, but his record speaks for itself, in how he actually runs the tourneys. Although getting new people to come, and getting old people to come back, he seems to do alright, looking at the attendance of his previous tournies. So let's just stop the bashing his credentials.

@Niko, Inui, DMG, Mosquito King, etc: Honestly, you guys are upset, and perhaps deservedly so. That doesn't mean you can ***** about it here. If you want to do that, understand that you are screwing your chances of actually getting anything done. I can say that if someone doesn't stay on SWF all the time, and comes back to see 2-3 pages of "**** you, I hate you....type posts," can you honestly think that he'll be ready to change for you--you're simply putting him in a postion where he can't change the rules and keep any shred of dignity/pride. Don't do that people, it isn't cool.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Xyro is the one screwing the chances of getting anything done. Where have you been? Inui intelligently argued why the stages should not be legal, and he justifies why they should be legal with ridiculously unfair and stupids responses such as "Oh just don't get killed by the random line that edgehogs you and you can't do anything about" lmfao.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
to add on top of this, Hylian has not only proposed to you to unify with the remainder of the US (to encourage OOS participation past $) but has ALREADY created a highly accepted variation of stage rules which can be seen here:

Hylian has an amazing reputation, single-handedly repping the mainstream TX tournament scene in both the SBR and outside smash scenes like Florida.

I'm going to stick with Jesiah and Hylian on this one. There's really no reason to deviate from the standard, and it only functions to benefit your tournament to go with him on this one.
List A is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen in my life. we should use that ruleset for whobo? anyone agree with me?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
All I'm saying is that when people say they're not coming to my tournaments because of the rules, I wouldn't care what I felt was or wasn't a good stage anymore. That is irrelevant compared to people coming or not.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Some bad things actually happen on green greens. You'll be fighting, then a bomb comes out of nowhere and and kills you cause of your attack radius. Orr you could simply be trying to jump to the other side and the bomb could fall on you. Nearly impossible to see it =/
And I would know nothing AT ALL about this. ;)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I will not attend this most likely. My best strategy in certain matchups is to run around and hop back and forth (Dedede, Snake, Yoshi, Zelda, IC's, MK, and so on and so forth.)

If I can't run from Dedede or IC's (or any character for that matter) then I probably won't play in this.

Edit: I also agree that $1000 Bonus for First is not very appealing, I'd rather have that go to the top 8 where they get $125 guaranteed for getting into the Top 8 or give $200 to the Top 5. That will at least help pay for the plane tickets for OOS people and then they also get what they would normally get from placing.

About stages, there are certain stages allowed that should be off for various reasons. Luigi's Mansion, Corneria, and Rainbow Cruise are pretty bad. Some of the others like Picto Chat, Port Town, etc. Those are alright compared to Corneria, LM, and RC.

Do you know how dumb it is to be FORCED to ban a stage vs someone or get a near guaranteed loss, BECAUSE of the stage? Like, I can understand getting advantages from the stage by either knowing more about it than your opponent or by being more comfortable with it, and I can even understand characters gaining slight advantages from things like a lower ceiling, uneven terrain, close sides, etc. But it is dumb to allow stages that characters can DOMINATE no matter how comfortable you are on playing that stage. If you lose the first match, then GG you lose the set once they take you to their nearly guaranteed Win on their CP.

Basically, extreme CP stages should be off. Minor CP stages should be allowed.
ive seen the way u play. u are fine. relax. i MIGHT change rules. too many babies around here

Stages shouldn't decide the outcome of matches. Players should.

Stages like Pictochat, Norfair, Green Greens, Corneria, and Aero Dive can decide the outcomes of matches regardless of skill.
incorrect. if your a moron and get hit by a car, u deserve to lose that stock/match. man up and pay attention to your surroundings.....star wars taught me that.

Yay for pictochat, green greens, norfair, aero dive weegees and corneria for legal. Now some skill-less douche is going to win too much money.

World? This is right near Apex that is an ECRC event. Good luck with that xyro. Not to mention we already have COT4 as a national tournament. Kinda close don't you think.
actually my event will do just fine. go away and plz die.

Norfair is the most tolerable one on the list, and only if Planking is banned.
plainking is banned. do you have problems with remembering?

Xyro for fail TO.

I'm organizing a ridiculously huge tournament in Canada. Watch out for it.
canada.........ROFL

ally vs m2k= ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea canada is something im gonna watch out for WAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.

If a stage screams at me "RUN THE CLOCK! I AM PERFECTLY DESIGNED TO GIVE YOU AN EASY PATH TO VICTORY!", I will be running the clock. I don't have to excessively stall to do so. I just have to hit and run and camp.
OMG! hit and run? inui, there may be hope for you after all. THAT is perfectly legal.

Xyro clearly isn't changing the list, and that's why he is a bad TO. TO's are supposed to litsen to the overall consensus of players attending the tournament to make the tournament as liked and BALANCED as possible.

Oh well, have fun with Inui exploiting those stages. He has the patience of a beast.

<3 Inui
<----I never thought I'd see the day
i currently hold the record of having the BIGGEST and best ran tournaments in tx. you know nothing and you poop. i do what i want when i want. if you dont like, dont go. you mean nothing to me.

i AM willing to change rules, you just need to be nice about it and maybe kiss my hand alittle bit.

Jeez, why is everyone so impatient? We have what, a little under 2 MONTHS left until the day of the tourney. There is PLENTY of time for the rules to change. Maybe if we didn't spend so much time *****ing and taking up Xyro's attention, he would be able to think a little bit.

Calm down, people. We still have a ways to go.
jack, thank you.

to anybody that is reading this far down, if you want rules changed....by NICE and PM me a ruleset you THINK is DECENT. the chances are slim that i will adopt it but i will make CHANGES if something looks good.

Yeah guys you can definitely trust DugFinn to look out for you so just chill and wait until she talks to Xyro or w/e.

Btw, I know all about being a good TO. Most people tell me I'm one of the best TOs, if not the best, that they've ever seen. :D

Part of being a good TO that you missed is making sure everyone wants to come, and most importantly, wants to come back, and if part of that is making the rules different, then so be it.
and the people that go to my events come back.....so my rules are fine.

So you're telling me being a good TO has nothing to do with listening to the players outlooks on rules that can bend the results of a big tournament drastically and cause players to exploit stages in order to win.

Evo 2k8 was different, they didn't listen to SWF. They listened to their home site Shroyuken. I figure that a TO would be able to listen to respectable users of SWF, ESPECIALLY Inui, who has proven himself to be a world class player.

Xyro just ignorantly shut down all of Inui's legit debate points, with his own points that Inui already covered properly. Stop defending Xyro and look at things from a neutral perspective.

I'm a TO as well, biggest TO in Canada for brawl and responsible for major tournaments in Canada. The last tournament I ran had over 35 setups and payed out more than 1000 dollars. Don't try to insult my TO experience in an attempt to defend Xyro.

I insult Xyro because they way he handles situations are amazingly unprofessional and "un TO-Like"
i set my own standards and live up to them. i WILL NOT live up toy ours. i dont follow pop opinion, i go my own way and people can accept it or they cant. either way, i carry on.

hylian, even with my rules, sethlon,you,royr,razer, me atill do very well outside of tx. no johns.

amazing rep? WAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Xyro is the one screwing the chances of getting anything done. Where have you been? Inui intelligently argued why the stages should not be legal, and he justifies why they should be legal with ridiculously unfair and stupids responses such as "Oh just don't get killed by the random line that edgehogs you and you can't do anything about" lmfao.
little drug addict, could you pease SHUT THE F*** UP?

Using "inui" and "intelligent" or any form of it in a sentence is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

I get stuff done, ALWAYS. Since 2003(melee days) up to now ive been running tournaments VERY WELL. I use common sense when running tournies(ban the tech and the player that uses it). I also allow stages that do NOT FORCE a person to get hit by something(picto will be removed from my list) A liberal dem like you wouldnt know what any of this means and would probably look down on it.

IF ANYBODY WANTS MY RULES CHANGED(and is actually going to show up) PLZ PM me a rule set you feel is DECENT. I will tell you now i wont adopt one of your, i will simply make changes to MINE.

Niko_K

Smash Master

Using "inui" and "intelligent" or any form of it in a sentence is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

I get stuff done, ALWAYS. Since 2003(melee days) up to now ive been running tournaments VERY WELL. I use common sense when running tournies(ban the tech and the player that uses it). I also allow stages that do NOT FORCE a person to get hit by something(picto will be removed from my list) A liberal dem like you wouldnt know what any of this means and would probably look down on it.
Drug addict? Could you please actually handle this situation with some decency? You actually disgust me. Way to attack me personally and I'd rather not justify why Marijuana should be a legal "drug." The only reason Weed is even illegal is because it threatened the paper mill industry in the late 1800's, since hemp produces 4x the amount of paper then a regular tree, and hemp clothing lasts 10x longer than cotton. They needed to rid of this product or else the countries main source of Tax Dollar would completely dissipate. How did they do it? The Texans pointed out the correlation of Blacks and Mexicans using this product to relax and party in Jazz bars. Since we were in a racist society back then, spreading propaganda relating the negativity of weed(it makes you crazy) with Blacks and Mexicans was ridiculously easy.

ANYWAYS.

Inui is an amazingly intelligent player, and he has shown it through his amazingly consistent teams and singles placements through the east coast.

You put down all my TO experience by saying it's null because it is in Canada? That's the most prejudice thing I have ever heard. Get your head out of your *** and throw your ego out the window for a second.

As a TO, you should be handling this situation a lot more, um, professionalism? Especially if you want this to be a WORLD tournament. I don't even think I need to justify myself further because this quote and the rest of your above post proves to me why I believe you are not a reasonable TO. I also believe you are going to have a tough time running a WORLD tournament with an attitude like yours.

Xyro77

Drug addict? Could you please actually handle this situation with some decency?

Inui is an amazingly intelligent player, and he has shown it through his amazingly consistent teams and singles placements through the east coast.

You put down all my TO experience by saying it's null because it is in Canada? That's the most prejudice thing I have ever heard. Get your head out of your *** and throw your ego out the window for a second.

As a TO, you should be handling this situation a lot more, um, professionalism? Especially if you want this to be a WORLD tournament. I don't even think I need to justify myself further because this quote and the rest of your above post proves to me why I believe you are not a reasonable TO. I also believe you are going to have a tough time running a WORLD tournament with an attitude like yours.

You actually disgust me. Way to attack me personally and I'd rather not justify why Marijuana should be a legal "drug."
if it brought in money the way alcohol/tabbacco does then it would be legal. but honest i dont care if its legal or not.

And i also didnt say your tourney exp is null just cause your canada.....you CHOSE to take it that way.

I dont have a hard time running events, i have done it by myself and with others. i will be fine.....like always. again, you have a problem with the rules and u would like to attend, plz PM me what YOU think should a be a good stage set.

*Subscribes*

Lolz Xyro, you're sooo stubborn. People's only real problem is a few select stages.

no. im sick of babies crying all the time. this world has become so wimpy. melee was NEVER like this.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Dam Xyro, I thought you type alot, but all you do is just quote tons of **** xD
Kidding.

Niko_K

Smash Master
if it brought in money the way alcohol/tabbacco does then it would be legal. but honest i dont care if its legal or not.

And i also didnt say your tourney exp is null just cause your canada.....you CHOSE to take it that way.

I dont have a hard time running events, i have done it by myself and with others. i will be fine.....like always. again, you have a problem with the rules and u would like to attend, plz PM me what YOU think should a be a good stage set.
.....Are you serious. The potential for Marijuana as a medicine can bring in billions of dollars a year, let alone it's social use. Conform to the governments views more. You had no right to attack me like that on a personal level.

I justified my tournament experience by saying I run the biggest tournaments in Canada and you laughed it off.......

We also discussed why the stages should be banned (Inui did a great job), and you blatantly blew him off with responses like "Oh, if you get hit by the cars you're an idiot."

Grow up man

CY

Smash Ace
i'm fine with the rules, just a couple stages should be taken out imo and i'm sure a lot of people would agree with that. i believe this game should be based more on skill, not getting ****ed over by a ******** stage. either way, i'll still go this event lol.

Dojo

Smash Champion
You have to remember though, Melee was not even close as gay to the way this game is played.

Idk, my opinion's not going to change yours anyways, so I'm not going to bother telling you what to do. Plenty of other people are here tying to do that. I'll still more than likely be in attendance regardless of your rules, as I've actually enjoyed your past events. They've never affected the way I played drastically.

I'll still be keeping on eye on this to see how it plays out. :p

Xyro77

.....Are you serious. The potential for Marijuana as a medicine can bring in billions of dollars a year, let alone it's social use. Conform to the governments views more. You had no right to attack me like that on a personal level.

I justified my tournament experience by saying I run the biggest tournaments in Canada and you laughed it off.......

We also discussed why the stages should be banned (Inui did a great job), and you blatantly blew him off with responses like "Oh, if you get hit by the cars you're an idiot."

Grow up man
alcohol/tabbacco is 100% promised money. weed having "potential" means it CAN but isnt PROMISED.

i laughed it off cause you said "watch out" as if im supposed to fear that your event might some how offset mine in some sort of way. This event is an ANIME convention FIRST and a tournament 2nd........Do you know how many people go to this stuff? i dont cause i dont go to anime conventions but from what dugfin(and other people here) have said, there will be at LEAST 100 people who are just entering because they are already there. I apologize if my comment offened you. Im honestly glad canada is playing this game.

now about the stages. inui danced his way around owning up to the fact that these stages are fine and it takes a moron to mess up on them.

ive stated my demands......either PM me about what you think is good or just get used to the rules i have now.

I'll still more than likely be in attendance regardless of your rules, as I've actually enjoyed your past events. They've never affected the way I played drastically.

hmm, so you prove my point. thank you, mexico

Niko_K

Smash Master
The reason it's considered to only be potential money, is because it's illegal right now. Legalizing it is an entirely different issue.

I said watch out for my tournament as in, look for it, keep your eyes peeled. I wouldn't run a tournament solely to compete with another one, that's ********.

Just handle this with some more professionalism. Also, don't you think a world tournament would need it's own venue, instead of relying on the venue in which the Anime convetion is being held? Can you truly accommodate the entire attendance comfortably?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
DugFinn, are you sure Xyro is a respectable TO? On the boards he just seems so...wow...I don't know how to describe it. I'm surprised people show up to his events. I must be missing something here...

incorrect. if your a moron and get hit by a car, u deserve to lose that stock/match. man up and pay attention to your surroundings.....star wars taught me that.
If you're in the middle of being hit/CGed and the cars just happen to show up and kill you at 20%, are you a moron? If you're recovering on Pictochat and the line just appears and kills you, are you a moron? If you're hit into the lava on Norfair and it kills you, are you a moron?

Why are you not thinking about things like this? Just because you play a ridiculously heavy and terrible character that can't win without luck doesn't mean you should make the rest of the players suffer.

plainking is banned. do you have problems with remembering?
I'll just play like teh_spamerer.

canada.........ROFL

ally vs m2k= ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea canada is something im gonna watch out for WAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.
What about Canada? They have large tournaments and are pretty strong. Ally kicked my ass in 1vs1 for the most part and Ally and Holy got 3rd in teams, only losing to the two best teams there. I barely beat Holy in singles. Ally got third in singles after losing to Mew2King round 2, and he beat players like Atomsk, Boss, and OmegaBlackMage in the process. He's definitely better than your entire state.

OMG! hit and run? inui, there may be hope for you after all. THAT is perfectly legal.
Aka play like teh_spamerer, which is what we call "loophole planking."

i currently hold the record of having the BIGGEST and best ran tournaments in tx. you know nothing and you poop. i do what i want when i want. if you dont like, dont go. you mean nothing to me.

i AM willing to change rules, you just need to be nice about it and maybe kiss my hand alittle bit.
You also hold the record of having the most players complain about your rules.

The unfairness of those stages has been explained clearly. Those stages can determine the outcome of matches instead of the players and have many luck-based elements that shouldn't exist in competitive gaming.

and the people that go to my events come back.....so my rules are fine.
Atlantic North, the strongest region, had the fairest and most balanced rules with almost no complaints. If you want to attract OOS talent, you should make your rules more fair and sensible.

hylian, even with my rules, sethlon,you,royr,razer, me atill do very well outside of tx. no johns.
You just told the player that everyone OOS identifies as the face of Texas "no johns" and discarded his opinion.

What is wrong with you?

Fact: Hylian is the most respected and known Texas Brawl player.

Wow, 99.9% of the Smash community must be incredibly stupid if they let someone as dumb as me be better than them. :(

no. im sick of babies crying all the time. this world has become so wimpy. melee was NEVER like this.
Um... I'd rather someone outplay me in order to win instead of winning off of luck. Something is wrong with that? I'd also like my wins to matter and would prefer winning off of skill myself.

So, in conclusion:
-The face of Texas told you to change your rules and you shrugged him off.
-A top player and top TO has argued against your rules and proved them to be unfair and unbalanced, and you told him "no johns."
-Canada's best TO has argued against your rules and said they weren't acceptable in competitive play, and you said his opinion didn't matter because he's Canadian.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord

Yo xyro don't be talkin so much **** bout my boy Niko k aight you don't know **** so drop it where its at bro how you gonna say hes a drug addict when clearly you're smoking more dope than any other smasher has before. you got no idea what you're talking about for one, that stage list IS ********, regardless of how well your tourney may do. there are reasons why everybody is saying its so bad so stop talking and quit life lol

on topic:

this looks like it'll be ok. change the ruleset and I'll come with Florida.

D

Deleted member

umm, yes? I can't think of anyone who has any kind of reputation outside of texas besides like hylian sethlon caveman xelic, and 2 of those don't even play brawl.

I mean, I could be wrong. I'm guessing you feel much better represented by the curiously infamous Lee Harris?

This whole argument is silly. Can I lock this thread now so this tournament can try again?

Xyro77

i'm fine with the rules, just a couple stages should be taken out imo and i'm sure a lot of people would agree with that. i believe this game should be based more on skill, not getting ****ed over by a ******** stage. either way, i'll still go this event lol.
You have to remember though, Melee was not even close as gay to the way this game is played.

Idk, my opinion's not going to change yours anyways, so I'm not going to bother telling you what to do. Plenty of other people are here tying to do that. I'll still more than likely be in attendance regardless of your rules, as I've actually enjoyed your past events. They've never affected the way I played drastically.

I'll still be keeping on eye on this to see how it plays out. :p
The reason it's considered to only be potential money, is because it's illegal right now. Legalizing it is an entirely different issue.

I said watch out for my tournament as in, look for it, keep your eyes peeled. I wouldn't run a tournament solely to compete with another one, that's ********.

Just handle this with some more professionalism. Also, don't you think a world tournament would need it's own venue, instead of relying on the venue in which the Anime convetion is being held? Can you truly accommodate the entire attendance comfortably?
yes i believe so. dugfin has done many many anime events so there are others things we can do to if things take up too much time. if we HAD to im sure we could drop brawl 1vs1 ISP(item standard play...for those who dont know) if we need more time. plus, we could break down brawl into multiple rooms(not positive on this but ive been to events that have done this) and it should work.

no matter what happens, relax. This event will NOT be a waste of money and im very willing to change rules, so long as its FAIR to both sides of the fence.

If you people HAVE to have pictochat go for the SOLE reason that it TRULY is random in drawings....done. ill remove it. if you want norfair banned cause you to blind to see the lava SLOWLY coming at you......i refuse. if you want green greens gone cause JUST MAYBE that invisible bomb will kill you, ill cave-in and remove it. But if you want F-zero removed cause you cant see the MULTIPLE warnings that the cars are comming or you cant remember what part even has cars........i refuse.

see? im willing to cave-in........a little.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you people HAVE to have pictochat go for the SOLE reason that it TRULY is random in drawings....done. ill remove it. if you want norfair banned cause you to blind to see the lava SLOWLY coming at you......i refuse. if you want green greens gone cause JUST MAYBE that invisible bomb will kill you, ill cave-in and remove it. But if you want F-zero removed cause you cant see the MULTIPLE warnings that the cars are comming or you cant remember what part even has cars........i refuse.

see? im willing to cave-in........a little.
If you're in the middle of being hit/CGed and the cars just happen to show up and kill you at 20%, are you a moron? If you're recovering on Pictochat and the line just appears and kills you, are you a moron? If you're hit into the lava on Norfair and it kills you, are you a moron?

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
This whole argument is silly. Can I lock this thread now so this tournament can try again?
Wouldn't the same thing just happen again? A TO wants to include a few rules, keep a few stages, etc. Other people are hammering on him for not using a rule set that they like. Who cares if he wants to throw in some stages? The solution? DON'T GO. If you can't accept his rules, whatever they may be, don't waste your time going. There's no reason to keep arguing about this, trying to whittle him into making more appealing rules to you, or rules in general. Yes, these "general" rules might be the norm at most if not all major tounaments, but who cares? That's a freedom you have as a TO, which I'm sure you all know by now. It's a risk he takes in attracting people, for better or for worse. You don't have to go to this if you don't like the rule set. If you're going just to spite his stage selection, then great.

"But noone's going to come lololol that stage is so random"

Then he'll learn from what turns out to be a mistake, and he'll probably change it for next time. If it works out, then good for him. If not, then you still don't have to go to it. There's no reason to keep bashing him for not using a "normal, accepted" rule set for a tourney that you're not going to go to unless he does it a different way.

If you don't like a TO's way of organizing an event, explain to him why not. If he doesn't see it your way, you honestly don't have to go.

My two cents =)

Xyro77

umm, yes? I can't think of anyone who has any kind of reputation outside of texas besides like hylian sethlon caveman xelic, and 2 of those don't even play brawl.

I mean, I could be wrong. I'm guessing you feel much better represented by the curiously infamous Lee Harris?

dont lock it. we are talking about stages and stuff.

Yo xyro don't be talkin so much **** bout my boy Niko k aight you don't know **** so drop it where its at bro how you gonna say hes a drug addict when clearly you're smoking more dope than any other smasher has before. you got no idea what you're talking about for one, that stage list IS ********, regardless of how well your tourney may do. there are reasons why everybody is saying its so bad so stop talking and quit life lol

on topic:

this looks like it'll be ok. change the ruleset and I'll come with Florida.
more complaining i see.......the rules will be fine. have faith.

DugFinn, are you sure Xyro is a respectable TO? On the boards he just seems so...wow...I don't know how to describe it. I'm surprised people show up to his events. I must be missing something here...
yes there is. show up and find out.

hmmm. ever played against a fox in melee and get shined against a wall? same thing, different level(its called using the level to your advantage....poop face). no johns. as i said before, ill get ride of pico chat cause it is TRULY random.

Why are you not thinking about things like this? Just because you play a ridiculously heavy and terrible character that can't win without luck doesn't mean you should make the rest of the players suffer.
dojo doesnt suffer. sethlon doesnt suffer. royr doesnt suffer. hmmm looks like you wrong there, son.

I'll just play like teh_spamerer.
its fair

What about Canada? They have large tournaments and are pretty strong. Ally kicked my ass in 1vs1 for the most part and Ally and Holy got 3rd in teams, only losing to the two best teams there. I barely beat Holy in singles. Ally got third in singles after losing to Mew2King round 2, and he beat players like Atomsk, Boss, and OmegaBlackMage in the process. He's definitely better than your entire state.
i doubt hes better than my state but ill wait for him to show up before im positive about it. and thanks for admitting you lost to him.

Aka play like teh_spamerer, which is what we call "loophole planking."
while i dont like it.......its fair.

You also hold the record of having the most players complain about your rules.

The unfairness of those stages has been explained clearly. Those stages can determine the outcome of matches instead of the players and have many luck-based elements that shouldn't exist in competitive gaming.
pictochat has a LUCK factor in it and ill get ride of the stage. but all the other levels are no diff than having a fox wall shine your *** till 120% in melee.

Atlantic North, the strongest region, had the fairest and most balanced rules with almost no complaints. If you want to attract OOS talent, you should make your rules more fair and sensible.
PM me a rule set and ill edit mine.

You just told the player that everyone OOS identifies as the face of Texas "no johns" and discarded his opinion.

What is wrong with you?
hylian has spent his SMASH LIFE trying to get into the BR. Wether its sucking **** or simply acting like you guys and being all "buddy buddy" with you people, he got in. He does not represent tx. the people who RUN the majority of events in tx and the people who build the community SHOULD be the faces of tx(king mes,dugfin,xyro...ect). none of which hylian has dont(hes thrown a few events here and there). Your standards(sbr) are the reason why people like me must ban broken **** and use different levels in tournaments. You wont do whats right in 85% of all situations. You choose people who KNOW alot but dont DO alot.
Anybody can talk the talk....but 8 out of 10 wont walk the walk.

I DO.

Fact: Hylian is the most respected and known Texas Brawl player.
see above.

Wow, 99.9% of the Smash community must be incredibly stupid if they let someone as dumb as me be better than them. :(
or is it the fact you use metaknight and people just want to hurry and lose to you so they can get away from you?

Um... I'd rather someone outplay me in order to win instead of winning off of luck. Something is wrong with that? I'd also like my wins to matter and would prefer winning off of skill myself.
and you know what? thats fair. ill get rid of pictochat.

PS to mods....dont close this thead plz. its a REAL event and money is on the line. the 1000$ can be spread throught the top 5-8 places and the rules can be changed as well.so hold off for abit.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
yes there is. show up and find out.
Showing up only to get wall-infinited, killed by cars, killed by bombs, etc. is kinda not inviting imo.

hmmm. ever played against a fox in melee and get shined against a wall? same thing, different level(its called using the level to your advantage....poop face). no johns. as i said before, ill get ride of pico chat cause it is TRULY random.
No, it's completely different.

-Fox shining you against a wall is not luck-based.
-You can SDI out of it.
-It's actually very hard to do, unlike stupid crap like Dedede's CG.

You can just get hit into the cars and bombs and die at very low damage. No skill or knowledge can save you from it.

Why don't you get that?

i doubt hes better than my state but ill wait for him to show up before im positive about it. and thanks for admitting you lost to him.
Ally is the best Snake in the world. He is most certainly better than anyone in Texas right now. I don't see how you can deny this.

PM me a rule set and ill edit mine.
Did you see the one I posted here? That's what I use in my big NJ tournies and most people say I'm one of the best, if not the best, TOs in the region.

hylian has spent his SMASH LIFE trying to get into the BR. Wether its sucking **** or simply acting like you guys and being all "buddy buddy" with you people, he got in. He does not represent tx. the people who RUN the majority of events in tx and the people who build the community SHOULD be the faces of tx(king mes,dugfin,xyro...ect). none of which hylian has dont(hes thrown a few events here and there). Your standards(sbr) are the reason why people like me must ban broken **** and use different levels in tournaments. You wont do whats right in 85% of all situations. You choose people who KNOW alot but dont DO alot. Anybody can talk the talk....but 8 out of 10 wont walk the walk. I DO.
Whether you acknowledge it or not, Hylian is the face of Texas and the first player that I and most OOS players think of when Texas is mentioned. He represents Texas whether you like it or not. It's just how it is.

I'm not even in SBR. They won't let me in despite me being both a top player and a top TO. I'm overqualified when compared to most of the people in there, LOL!

You're allowing the broken nonsense by having those stages on.

or is it the fact you use metaknight and people just want to hurry and lose to you so they can get away from you?
lol

Snake is better and Game and Watch and Olimar are gayer.

and you know what? thats fair. ill get rid of pictochat.
Thanks...but what about Green Greens and Luigi's Mansion?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Xyro you are probably the most egotistical smasher there is. I'm not coming to this and I'm more interested in going to a small Princeton tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom