• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World HOBO Results(FULL RESULTS/PICS/VIDS/STORIES ARE UP!! SOMEONE BAN METAKNIGHT!!)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow, such an amazing tournament.

I had so much fun with all of you. I'm going to post massive shoutouts later.

Amazing tournament Xyro.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Wow, such an amazing tournament.

I had so much fun with all of you. I'm going to post massive shoutouts later.

Amazing tournament Xyro.
thanks for taking my 20$ and not taking lain

but in any case, this event wouldnt have been good if it had not been for the players. All of you people deserve the "thanks"

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
No prob. Thanks for giving me a ride. Seriously, that was the greatest tournament of my life. I'll never forget it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
thanks for taking my 20$ and not taking lain

but in any case, this event wouldnt have been good if it had not been for the players. All of you people deserve the "thanks"
Lain didn't want to leave that day, and went with Cali instead. You had already left, so I couldn't give you your money back.

Remind me next time I see you and I'll give it back to you. You know I would never do **** like that Allan.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro is an awesome TO and I want to grow up to be like him. Well, I don't want to be a green lesbian when I grow up...or do I?!

<3 Xyro

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
jimbooo, please go get a card for your cell phone. i want those vids online ASAP
Since today was easter, the store was closed, but on Tuesday I'll be off and i'll get one. In fact, tomorrow I get off at 5:30, and i'll try then. Trust me, this stuff is too good to let go.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Allan would it be possible to post a bracket image so I can see who played who? I mean do it whenever you have time of course.

Also shout outs later.
I still wish I had gotten M2K first round. Everyone was SO scared of playing him...literally, as soon as people heard they were getting him, they complained to Xyro. I think at least three people did this. Someone has to play the guy first round...Xyro is too nice sometimes.

I volunteered after everyone kept complaining, but freakin' Fliphop volunteers at the last second. Stupid Flip, stop stealing attention away from me.

Seriously. :p

Xyro77

Lain didn't want to leave that day, and went with Cali instead. You had already left, so I couldn't give you your money back.

Remind me next time I see you and I'll give it back to you. You know I would never do **** like that Allan.
lain didnt tell me this.

i apologize. i was in the wrong.

2 vids are up!!!!!!!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Amazing tournament! Shoutouts later.

Xyro - Left to Right in the Kansas pic in the OP:

Zeton(fox), Ky(pit), Steeler(pokemon trainer), Clel(marth), Domo(meta), Affinity(meta)

Affinity - You seemed like a really nice guy, all of our matches (except for that luigi's mansion one) were close. You seemed really cool, but dude, you went to a banned cp against me. I even asked twice if you were sure it wasn't banned. Xyro told me it was banned but by then it was too late to do anything about it. I don't know your side of the story so I can't judge you, but I feel like I was cheated out of a potential win. Everything could've gone a lot differently if you hadn't taken me there. 1st match I won, and 3rd match was so close it was ridiculous.
Oh wow, I just checked the stage list and you're right about LM being banned; I had no idea it was. The last time I checked this thread it was a legal counterpick like its been at all the previous HOBOs. You can ask Infinity if you don't believe me; I banned LM against him in Winner's Bracket without knowing or anyone telling me it was already on the banned list.

I had other counterpicks in mind when playing against you, but like I said I had no idea that LM was banned and I really do apologize for taking you there. I assure you I would never try to cheat you or anyone else out of a win.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Awesome stream (when it was up) and tourney!

I wish I could've made it, maybe if I had known this would be on the same weekend as my Spring Break... :(

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
So this was held in covention center (saw the whobo vids) with other events going on..must br harassing...
Dude Xyro how the *** did u manage with the tvs??? according to vid there were 62 tvs but holy **** look like 100 of em in the Uhaul LOLL. What made u run this tourney like a god from what I hear??? is it cause u had so many tvs?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So this was held in covention center (saw the whobo vids) with other events going on..must br harassing...
Dude Xyro how the *** did u manage with the tvs??? according to vid there were 62 tvs but holy **** look like 100 of em in the Uhaul LOLL. What made u run this tourney like a god from what I hear??? is it cause u had so many tvs?
We had a separate room that required you to show proof that you were allowed to be there. No proof=no entry. Lain was almost refused when he left the room because he dropped his entry badge somewhere. That's how strict it was.

Also, tourney was smooth due to simple time management. Tournament started around 4:30 and ended like at 1. It probably would have finished much faster if the last 10 or so sets weren't all live-streamed, so be glad they were. ;)

Xyro77

The Diddy that's in the picture with me is Dekar from New Mexico. He's chill as hell.
thanks. i will update the pic.

Well some of the tvs were solcal 4/sf2 hd remix/ tekken/halo/blue blaze(?) and other fighting games. We also had a HUGE lack of wiis.

and yet this thing was done PERFECTLY.

Heres my secret: i actually CARE about what im doing. If you TRULY care, you will run it right even if bad things come up. You will enforce rules and be an ******* to people who refuse to do what is asked of them.

Its because he's just pro at it. Did everything generally on time.
thank you!

6 vids are up!

Suspect

Smash Hero
when do u think u will have the full results/bracket up? not trying to rush u just wondering. And whats up with hobo16, cuz im gonna go

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I would like to shoutout to everyone but there is too many of you proz out there so I'll do the best I can.

Texas:

San Antonio

Espy: Great show my friend in your tourney and Sonic ditto. I still have the picture of you and 3k holding A1. I think the Sonic boards would like that. :)

K Prime: Hey don't worry too much about it guy. Your still a really good Pika and you will keep getting better.

KM: Seriously, we need to play more Brawl so you can get used to playing at this pace.
Also thanks for joining us, cause I don't think we would've made it there.

Austin

Hylian: It was good to see you again. I want to play your GnW one day so I can get better at that matchup.

PhantomX: Man I can't believe we got paired up in pools. On top of that it was one of the hardest pools to be in. Don't forget to remind me about your money next time we meet. I completely forgot. Sorry :(

Chaotic: Your Pit has gotten alotan last time bro. I love playing you so much. :)

Houston: (including towns outside)
Flip: Your a funny guy and too cool to hang out with. Gotta play your Diddy sometime. Congratz on getting 17th guy

Gnes: Man I saw your Diddy and it was like watching water flow in a spring. Just so fluid with your Diddy. Same Congratz from Flip

RT: Loved to play your Lucario sometime.

Ozz: Thanks for sending me that link for the hacks and what not. I didn't get to see you play much.

Jerm: We have to play next time. Hanging with you was too cool guy.

Razer: You went to H-Fest and didn't tell me about it? D:

Beah: Gotta get remember that blackness in front row for like 20 seconds. xD

Mr. 3000: Wow, I didn't think there was another way to play Sonic. Now I know...(off to the side)...and knowing is half the battle......G.I.Jooooooe.

T-Rex: I didn't see you play but your slicked back hair is what I did see. :)

Sethy: Wow, you yourself make sheik look good. You've gotten better with her so fast. Its unreal. Great to see you again.

Takeyourlife: You and Esca were too cool for any school really. Great to finally meet you and Esca.

Esca: Same as above.

Everyone else in Houston I forgot: Sorry but this gets too long.

Dallas:

Infinity: You are the coolest person to be around. I loved playing your MK, even though you mopped the floor with me.

Melee1: Good to see you again, though we didn't talk at all.

D-Phat: You seem like a cool person. Wished we played some.

San Angelo

Dojo: Guy, I heard about your loss man. I'm sorry to hear. Your still the best MK ever in my book. :(

Santi: My brother from another mother in another city. xD I always have fun hanging out with you. Can't wait till you come down here

Cake: I'm glad I'm one of the ones you remember. xD We have to play against each other sometimes.

El Paso:

Mr. Burrito: Your alot better than what I thought. Your Snake was ok, but your Ike was beast. I've never seen an Ike play like that before.

The Valley:

Broly: It is good to see you again. I want to play your Marth next time we meet just to see how good it is.

To others in Tx that I forgot, I didn't get to talk to you much...Unless your Kos-Mos. You sir rock all kinds of face. :)

Out of State:

M2K: Well I now know what you look like and how you play. It's no wonder why your #1. When I watched you play it looks like you took advantage of every mistake on the last stock. That was really crazy. Much fun playing you in doubles. :)

Inui: Same as above but didn't see any of your match's outside of doubles.

DSF: Cool and collected is what I got from you. Good job placing so high.

Anyone else I forgot, sorry I don't go out of town much.

Well, I think that completes this up........oh crap I forgot.

DugFinn and Xyro77: This was by far the most smoothest tourney I've ever seen. You two kept things going even if players weren't turning their own reports.

I hope to goto HOBO 16 and bring Espy and Prime with me. Some requested Suspect but I dunno.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I didn't read your post before cause I was typing that long post up. >.>;;

Anyways I should be able to goto HOBO 16. I know I'm taking Espy and Prime.

Xyro77

when do u think u will have the full results/bracket up? not trying to rush u just wondering. And whats up with hobo16, cuz im gonna go
well dugfin is STILL unloading tvs back at her house so i think the results will be up in 2 hours or ill just do it in the morning. If you wanna talk hobo 16, please go to houston thread.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Broly is the sh** lol. He broke my shield SO many times in our MM and he TIPPER FSMASHED ME SO MUCH! God dangit Broly lol.

Full shoutouts later, I got a lot of Lunches to pack and a lot of girls to nut on. Preferably in the ear.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
just wanted to state that i really didnt want to go mk vs co18 but i just think d3 destroys lucario terribly. and i have NO good experience in that matchup, whereas back in the day i just used mk for d3's. that was the only time i played mk this whole tourney. lol. glad to know im the only non only SS broken tier in the top 5 though. gg's all shoutouts later..

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
Broly is the sh** lol. He broke my shield SO many times in our MM and he TIPPER FSMASHED ME SO MUCH! God dangit Broly lol.

Full shoutouts later, I got a lot of Lunches to pack and a lot of girls to nut on. Preferably in the ear.
Nut on??? what does that even mean DMG??? you bought MORE nuts from the Convention.... wow... i just don't understand you

error13

Smash Journeyman
ok I'm back and ready
for my shout outs i wont
be typing them in sonnets
so dont worry. wow i didnt
expect to do 13th place...

M2k - dont know if u remember me but ive been needing to learning the olimar MKmatch up at its best and i learned a lot from the friendlies thanks for the tips.

Dojo- thanks for the friendlies too it was epic watching u play M2k, and it was so sad how you guys beat us in teams, santi super armors snakes forward smash, than forward smashes him >_<

Lee Martin - ggs and really close matches, i didnt know i was good enuff to split with you and for the match to be so close, i didnt know picto chat was supposedly banned, but i dont mind it was an awesome match anyway.

Thein - Its always good to see you, lol its awesome how your always full of charisma.

Fogo - fun to play u in pools, and its great to see you everywhere, thanks for the compliments on my olimar.

Dekar/Kash - lol NM got wrecked against us even with fogo. Maybe u need more good players next time lol. You guys are awesome thoug, sick diddy and always impressive wolf.

hylain/seth- fun to see you again, awesome match in team lol how we beat u than u took out the other EP team pretty good stuff.

Melee1 - thanks for the tips on IC CGs i had been needing to perfect them, You a good player, the matches we fun and friendlies with you and rudi.

Rudi/best fox ever! - ggs dude! youve gotten even sicker than from FS5 where i last played you. Good stuff on owning sudai pretty sick stuff!

Infinity - ggs dont worry next time ill have the olimar MK match up set, so be prepared!

Rockettrainer - ggs man lucario is always my hardest match with olimar for some reason, i had to try so hard that match it was ridiculous.

Cyphus - fun matches against you wild DK.

T-rex - probably the scariest match for me i dont know where i pulled that win from, you had me.

Arturito Burrito - lol your a great partner and an awesome friend, we'll get them next time brother.

Duffman - your pretty much a scrub, lol jk it was fun, maybe now u wont hate olimar for getting EP some rep.

jnewpopptet- lol wtf!

Phantomx - lol the IC versus wario matches are LOL, and too fun. Glad i could help with the match up. GGs and Gj at the tourney.

Xyro - aeesome tourney and awesome TO good job managing all that dude, glad i could help set up all those tvs lol

Lain - dude your killer and your ddd is sick, your super chill.

esca,kown,seiya - fun pit dittos for those we played, hang in there and get the angel some rep!

DallasPhat - your awesome and so fun to play against gg on the friendly it was so close even though we only got to play one!

GGS everyone and sorry for those i forgot...
Hopefully i can sill sneak some surprises with the
crazy olimar match ups. Awesome tourney Xyro. Duggfin.

Xyro77

14 vids are up!

im going to bed. ill update more in the morning. after all, the event JUST ended on sunday

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Even tho I didn;t compete and I only played a handful of you (busy wit convention), I still had a lot of fun with this.

Xyro: "If you don;t report within one second you will be sent to the losers bracket... 1! Ok you are disqualified." haha amazing.

Thanks to the Amarillo guys for giving us a ride back. You rule.

Melee1: pleasure as always speaking with you. Both you and Rudy have become amazing players.

Hylian: I have pics of you Lain and Jemal (sp?) cuddling together. Pay me $.01 or else it gets posted tomorrow... please don't ban me.

lol anyways fun tourney guys and good job to the winners.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Props to everyone who played on the stream! (since that was all I could watch) =(

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next big tourney.

Top Bottom