• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
"Does he write his own rhymes well sort of I think em: That means I forgot better **** than you ever thought of"...
"You know who you can call you gotta best believe it; The Roc stand tall and you would never believe it
Take your diamonds and throw ‘em up like you bulimic; Yea the beat cold but the flow is anemic"

One of my top 3 Kanye songs =]
Also Ye Albums
Late Registration > MBDTF = College Dropout > Graduation >>>>> 808
^_^

*downloads trap muzik*
I haven't gotten a Joey tape that I haven't liked yet, so I'm excited.

Jane

Smash Hero
whenever i try to think about which album i like more, college dropout or late registration... my head explodes

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Anyways, about Lupe and Kanye, I love both. I was put on Lupe about the same time I got into rap itself, so I'm biased towards the man. Dudes amazing to me and is put at the top 10 of my list.

If I could say anyth

I just stopped typing that. I'm just gonna put a rankings list and leave.

CD = F&L > MBTDF = LR> The Cool > Graduation > 808's

Suspect

Smash Hero
lol you saw my status? If it's on netflix instant stream I will be watching it in English thank you very much :reverse:

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Let me rephrase my post I made about Talib Kweli's discography (Including Reflection Eternal albums):

Train of Thought <Quality < Eardrum < or = Gutter Rainbows < Revolutions Per Minute < The Beautiful Struggle

Thoughts? I honestly feel that Quality and Eardrum can switch places easily. Gutter Rainbows, his newest installment is also impressive.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
"Now come on everybody lets make cocaine cool, we need a few more half naked women up in the pool.

And hold this mac-10 thats all covered in jewels and can you please put your ******s closer to the 22's."

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hey, I'm taking a break on putting up my music weekly... I've got so much material it's insane, so I'mma finish working on this EP but still put up some mixtape songs that's available to download. So instead just become a fan for me and stay updated on my music. I want as many people as possible to support me. If not, that's cool to. But keep an open mind and eye for Y.b.M.

Here's the link for those who care.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/YbM-Official-Music-Page/174701445908052

thanks!

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I might listen to MDBTF now, bonus tracks on Gutter Rainbows are ending now. I like the album even better this time around, I'm tempted to say this is better than Eardrum but I don't know... Lol

soap

Smash Hero
Let me rephrase my post I made about Talib Kweli's discography (Including Reflection Eternal albums):

Train of Thought <Quality < Eardrum < or = Gutter Rainbows < Revolutions Per Minute < The Beautiful Struggle

Thoughts? I honestly feel that Quality and Eardrum can switch places easily. Gutter Rainbows, his newest installment is also impressive.
u got the carrots backwards. the open end goes on the greater side.

unless u thought beautiful struggle was his best album.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It was only a matter of time before the MBDTF backlash started.

truth is, the critics really bandwagoned on it. It's an incredible album but it is definitely a bit overhyped. I hope that won't really color your opinion of the album though, which is still an A+ imo

MBlaze

Smash Champion
u got the carrots backwards. the open end goes on the greater side.

unless u thought beautiful struggle was his best album.
LMAO what was I thinking xD thanks I'll just repost it.

Train of Thought > Quality > Eardrum > or = Gutter Rainbows > Revolutions Per Minute > The Beautiful Struggle

I'm just mad surprised how no one is listening or talking about his new album though..

soap

Smash Hero
LMAO what was I thinking xD thanks I'll just repost it.

Train of Thought > Quality > Eardrum > or = Gutter Rainbows > Revolutions Per Minute > The Beautiful Struggle

I'm just mad surprised how no one is listening or talking about his new album though..
I have it loaded on my mp3. gona listen to it at work.

i've been spamming cold rain on yt tho

I'd put eardrum over quality. Really like eardrum's vibe

there is also liberation but I really did not like madlib's production on that.

the revolutions per minute mixtape was better than the album. but that all kinds of blackstar and old reflection stuff and tight remixes so it doesnt' count as new content

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Black Star > Train of Thought > Eardrum > Gutter Rainbows > Quality > Revolutions Per Minute > The Beautiful Struggle

the song i really like on gutter rainbows was Tater Tot. the whole album is good though...

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Black Star > Train of Thought > Eardrum > Gutter Rainbows > Quality > Revolutions Per Minute > The Beautiful Struggle

the song i really like on gutter rainbows was Tater Tot. the whole album is good though...
We weren't including black star but if we were then that would be the appropriate placing lol. I agree with this list though.

I also notice how each Reflection Eternal album is second to first and second to last. lmao

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lol, I've been sitting here with my guitar transcribing the last half of Kanye's Runaway. It's really fun because I have a really cheesy synth-vocoder pedal so it actually sounds a lot like whatever the hell it actually is in the song

jugfingers

Smash Champion
maybe it's cuz it's really late, but I kinda like it

I'm sure I will hate it in the morning
not if the first thing you do in the morning is smoke a fat bowl of hash then mow a succulent watermelon

fun fact about that beat, one of the drums I spaced at exactly 1.570796327 seconds, so every third beat is 3.141592654 seconds...bu tI made this beat today while doing a biochmistry assignment...mindgames!!

cuase **c* geometricipilliess

...k im goin to bed....

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
lol, I've been sitting here with my guitar transcribing the last half of Kanye's Runaway. It's really fun because I have a really cheesy synth-vocoder pedal so it actually sounds a lot like whatever the hell it actually is in the song
Oh, that sounds really fun! Yeah I always wondered what he was doing in the end of the song. It sounded like he was half-humming, half-singing something with his mouth right on the vocorder mic.

Jay-Zapdos is an electric/flying/rapping type pokemon.
Hahahah.

Diggin up some kweli gems that I've never heard before
Haven't been listening to much Kweli lately; I'll have to listen to Gutter Rainbows.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Downloaded them all. lol

Is Mos Def's album True Magic any good? Only albums that I like from him is Black Star and Black on Both sides.... The New Danger was straight *** to me.. and The Ecstatic was good on some parts but mostly uninteresting....

Cookie you must tell me why he's better than Kweli again... lol His library is just... ugh.. Unless most of his good **** is just unreleased stuff or mixtapes that I don't know about..

soap

Smash Hero
Gutter Rainbows was actually slightly dissapointing now that I finished it, I heard my favorite track first and had too high expectations. Wasn't bad, album had kind of a random b-side filler vibe to me. (mostly just bland production compared to Eardrum - No Pete Rock, Hi-tek etc.)

Cold Rain, Friends and Family, Tater Tot, Uh Oh, were tracks I was feelin (and they were all in a row)

All that said I was not even anticipating an album so it's not really a let-down.

For me, Mos rips it on all his guest verses, he gets lazy on his own projects (which is why I like kweli more)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0a03UlDtxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40-ZlLXKdvE

MBlaze

Smash Champion
u

Gutter Rainbows was actually slightly dissapointing now that I finished it, I heard my favorite track first and had too high expectations. Wasn't bad, album had kind of a random b-side filler vibe to me. (mostly just bland production compared to Eardrum - No Pete Rock, Hi-tek etc.)

Cold Rain, Friends and Family, Tater Tot, Uh Oh, were tracks I was feelin (and they were all in a row)

All that said I was not even anticipating an album so it's not really a let-down.
I had that feeling at first too, then I listened to Quality then listened to Gutter Rainbows again and I liked it even more. Try it. ;o

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
dont get me started on lupe verses, ill end up posting a whole mixtape/cd

also

this be sexy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YTRzGgwWMA
get started please

i'm pretty interested

anyways, lupe is better than kanye at rapping no question. But Kanye puts out better tracks overall.
Lupe has better flow and lyricism than Kanye. I'm not even sure how that could be argued against.

Top Bottom