• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Suspect

Smash Hero
Wale's wack.
He had niggas begging for him to release it so i'm not too surprised it sold....even though that shit was weak.
blue in here speaking some truth

I still like those 2 wale songs >_>

just like I hate wayne to the fullest...but I like phone home. mostly cause the beat and idea of it, any rapper could of done it and I would of liked it...most likely better ha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pqzC7GKem4&feature=fvst

man listening to that again...fugg that I just like the instrumental, man wayne is garbage...

rhan

Smash Hero
Wale isn't as good as I hoped he would have been. But he's definitely still better then what is out there today.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Wale bores me. I'm DC area, so I want to see DC area rappers come up and be successful, but honestly I find nothing exciting or or enjoyable about his music.

soap

Smash Hero
saw wale opening for k'naan last year

was not impressed. K'naan was awesome live

was messin around with a girl from DC on a cruise over winter break and she was really into wale. So I pretended not to completely hate him for a few days lol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Lol I hooked up with this chick who I just met at uni on one of my Psychology modules. The next day we talked about music. She told me she didn't like Joe so I stabbed her.

rhan

Smash Hero
Lol I hooked up with this chick who I just met at uni on one of my Psychology modules. The next day we talked about music. She told me she didn't like Joe so I stabbed her.
Oh yeah I meant to ask.

How's that lawsuit going?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Wale bores me. I'm DC area, so I want to see DC area rappers come up and be successful, but honestly I find nothing exciting or or enjoyable about his music.
He's better than most DC rappers. They always tryin to put out some gangsta music but they suck at it. Except for SE Slim, who just sucks.

I can understand though, Wale slacks on A LOT (and I mean a ****in lot) of his songs. Somethimes the ***** ain't even rhymin. He's my favorite new(ish) rapper right now on his good songs.

LOL

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah the beat is the only thing about Takeover that I admit that's better...

Ether >>> Blueprint 2 also though... rofl
Pffffft, The Watcher 2, Meet the parents, A dream, Some people hate >>>> Ether as a record.

I was just jokin (kinda :awesome:), but lets not get ahead of ourselves, lmao.

And yea, good **** catching up on Budden. Hope to see the dude finally get the success he deserves in the near future. That track you linked got me in a mellow mood now, lol.

@ Etwisst: I didn't know you posted here too, lol. Good ****.

@ N9NE: :denzel: my nucca XD

@ Blu3: Lmaoooo

Loving this thread right now. Always nice to come down here when the Mario boards and whatnot are bull****ting.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I want to hear the unedited version of that debate, lol.

But yeah, the majority of hip-hop fans are fickle...that's a no brainer.

To take it further, there's two sides to this. There's the obvious side that has little respect for the Kool g raps and Rakims that paved the way. Then there's the other side that NEVER deviates from that style and is adamantly unwilling to change.

The side that looks at Young Money and T-Pain and Soulja boy and, without thinking, assumes that since they're so different that they're wack. These people are lumped in with who Joey's referring to as well because, believe it or not, Soulja Boy could easily end up being a flagship artist of new school rap.

LOL, is that Neo in the comments? As I post this, IsicStrans is the 4th comment down.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
@ Etwisst: I didn't know you posted here too, lol. Good ****.
I normally lurk but that's boring.
I want to hear the unedited version of that debate, lol.

But yeah, the majority of hip-hop fans are fickle...that's a no brainer.

To take it further, there's two sides to this. There's the obvious side that has little respect for the Kool g raps and Rakims that paved the way. Then there's the other side that NEVER deviates from that style and is adamantly unwilling to change.

The side that looks at Young Money and T-Pain and Soulja boy and, without thinking, assumes that since they're so different that they're wack. These people are lumped in with who Joey's referring to as well because, believe it or not, Soulja Boy could easily end up being a flagship artist of new school rap.

LOL, is that Neo in the comments? As I post this, IsicStrans is the 4th comment down.
I'm not fickle (well I kinda was 07-09 cuz of the Gucci/Soulja Boy/Oj movement), I like bein that young ***** that listens to old ****.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
aight nigga. you kinda got of the leash wit that one. that level of wackness can't be the Moses of our generation, son. aside from that, I Am Blu3 and i approve your response.
Hey, I hate the majority of his music too and I'm guilty of what I said in my post sometimes.

But the newer dudes like him. Nothing wrong with that.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Not really. You can go up to anyone and say Soulja Boys some **** and they won't say **** back cuz they know it. I've done it plenty of times.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Top Bottom