• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Did she seriously just make a minute long diss? I think the audio file of me wiping my *** and autotuned would have made a better diss.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Anybody listen to Saigon's Greatest Story Never Told? I heard it was really good but still haven't checked it.
I've had it for about a week, but I still haven't gotten around to listening to it.

I'mma give it a listen today.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
hip hop is this: someone doing windmills on a lino mat next to a guy popping robot shapes, behind him theres some dude spray painting a wall and a dj juggling mad beats whilst his homies pass the mic. ... at least, that's what it says in the dictionary.

And I gotta say, to everyone who has posted in this thread: yall scrubs aint know **** about rap if you haven't listened to Symptomatic of a Greater Ill by Darc Mind.

And I'm out.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
hip hop is this: someone doing windmills on a lino mat next to a guy popping robot shapes, behind him theres some dude spray painting a wall and a dj juggling mad beats whilst his homies pass the mic. ... at least, that's what it says in the dictionary.

And I gotta say, to everyone who has posted in this thread: yall scrubs aint know **** about rap if you haven't listened to Symptomatic of a Greater Ill by Darc Mind.

And I'm out.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Greatest Story Never Told is so good. Not a single skippable track on it. Only thing about it that I -kinda- dislike is the back to back 6 min songs.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Greatest Story Never Told is so good. Not a single skippable track on it. Only thing about it that I -kinda- dislike is the back to back 6 min songs.
I may give that a listen but I'd have to buy it over my iPod on iTunes rather than downloading it because my laptop is still ****ed up.

Reading about this album on wiki... this **** was supposed to be out in like 07...? Atlantic was ****in up before Lupe.... :\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Story_Never_Told

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, but then he could get his named colored in blue in his hair and get tatted up lookin like a fuckin mural all swagged out and shit nah mean? LOL :awesome:

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I gave Common one of my Mixtapes while he performed on stage, he reached out and took it from me. Made me feel Incredible.

I gave Mack Maine my Mixtape and told him to give it to Wayne after I had my arm up for a good 20 minutes...

And I Tried to get my mixtape to Jay Z cause I wanted to be the first Artist on Roc Nation (it's all Love J. Cole) but P. Diddy ended up getting it and I was Salty... I refuse to ever sign with Diddy...

Get @ me...

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I gave Common one of my Mixtapes while he performed on stage, he reached out and took it from me. Made me feel Incredible.

I gave Mack Maine my Mixtape and told him to give it to Wayne after I had my arm up for a good 20 minutes...

And I Tried to get my mixtape to Jay Z cause I wanted to be the first Artist on Roc Nation (it's all Love J. Cole) but P. Diddy ended up getting it and I was Salty... I refuse to ever sign with Diddy...

Get @ me...
What's wrong with signing with Diddy?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
champloo is probably the only anime i can still watch. every other one just annoys me nowadays.

Get @ me...
you in the right state of mind. he'll try to market you is the next fresh prince. instead of hyping new artists, he simply cosigns everyone by comparing them to a 90's rapper.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Im thinking about creating a record label in Jamaica for hip hop. It's going to be hard. Everybody loves to listen to Reggae and Dancehall. Hip hop fans are scares in Jamaica.

Savon

Smash Ace
I freestyle with friends at school and my friend brought me to a studio to do a song with him, but I realized that I am a purely punchline based rapper. Is that a good or bad thing? Are punchline rappers over saturating the market?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
tis a terrible thing. it's not so much the style as it is a lack of creativity; most of them can rap but god damn they can't make a good track to save their lives.

Top Bottom