• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Signing with Diddy is Bad News. Yes he makes money but where do his Artist End up? Name one Artist that had a long and successful career under Diddy..... don't worry I'll wait!

And it's funny that you all mention Samurai Champloo. I literally as of 9 minutes ago just finished watching the series again. One of my Top 10 Animes of all time Easily. Mugen and Jin are too good.

soap

Smash Hero
Signing with Diddy is Bad News. Yes he makes money but where do his Artist End up? Name one Artist that had a long and successful career under Diddy..... don't worry I'll wait!

And it's funny that you all mention Samurai Champloo. I literally as of 9 minutes ago just finished watching the series again. One of my Top 10 Animes of all time Easily. Mugen and Jin are too good.
I just watched the entire series again over the weekend....(I was really sick :()

Its easily my favorite anime. Avatar is really close tho.

I find it funny how I can sit thru hours and hours of anime, but homework wears me out after like half an hour

Jane

Smash Hero

the only anime ive ever given two ****s about:

samurai champloo
cowboy bebop
FLCL

rhan

Smash Hero
This is rather true. None of his artists really got shine next to Biggie. Cassie had a little bit of shine but then fell off. But I bet she's probably paid living it up somewhere.

Diddy is so self centered.. You can tell by how many fail records he puts out, how many times he changed his name, how many TV shows he did, etc. He;s just terrible all together.. lmaooo

On the topic of Bad Boy: I liked Mase...

soap

Smash Hero
I'm getting used to it.

I never fuxed with the other skins tho in the past, I've had the same one for like 5 years

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well I listened to The Greatest Story Never Told today and I have to say that it was pretty good. Had me bored at times though I can't lie about that but Just Blaze's production kept me into it. As for paying for it though... eehhhh lol

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
There are a lot of labels trying to sign OFWGKTA. Diddy and JayZ are amung those. Read this (C&P):
Even Sean "Diddy" Combs is bowing to the wild demands of yet-to-be signed, punk-rock- hip-hop supergroup Odd Future. Music honchos including Roc Nation's Jay- Z, SRC's Steve Rifkind and Interscope's Jimmy Iovine have been fighting to sign the band described as an "urban Sex Pistols." The anti-establishment band has been having some fun by asking the bigwigs to meet them on their turf -- the Supreme skateboard shop in Fairfax, Calif. Rifkind, who sources tell us is soon to make a formal offer, managed to get them to his office, but said frontman Tyler the Creator told him: "If you are serious about the meeting, I want Randy's Donuts, swivel chairs and a megaphone." Diddy -- who's said to be "desperate to sign the group to prove that he's onto something hot" -- set up a meeting between Tyler and Justin Bieber after the band demanded he deliver the pint-size pop star. A source said, "Tyler asked Diddy for access to Justin, so he pulled strings." A rep for Odd Future said, "Tyler did meet with Justin, and Diddy helped make it happen." (New York Post)

I died at Tyler's demands haha

Savon

Smash Ace
OFWGKTA immediately turned me off with the music videos of their music I saw on youtube. I just cannot take them seriously solely on that basis and it upsets me that I cannot look beyond that.

soap

Smash Hero
There are a lot of labels trying to sign OFWGKTA. Diddy and JayZ are amung those. Read this (C&P):
Even Sean "Diddy" Combs is bowing to the wild demands of yet-to-be signed, punk-rock- hip-hop supergroup Odd Future. Music honchos including Roc Nation's Jay- Z, SRC's Steve Rifkind and Interscope's Jimmy Iovine have been fighting to sign the band described as an "urban Sex Pistols." The anti-establishment band has been having some fun by asking the bigwigs to meet them on their turf -- the Supreme skateboard shop in Fairfax, Calif. Rifkind, who sources tell us is soon to make a formal offer, managed to get them to his office, but said frontman Tyler the Creator told him: "If you are serious about the meeting, I want Randy's Donuts, swivel chairs and a megaphone." Diddy -- who's said to be "desperate to sign the group to prove that he's onto something hot" -- set up a meeting between Tyler and Justin Bieber after the band demanded he deliver the pint-size pop star. A source said, "Tyler asked Diddy for access to Justin, so he pulled strings." A rep for Odd Future said, "Tyler did meet with Justin, and Diddy helped make it happen." (New York Post)

I died at Tyler's demands haha
This reminds me of the "Closing the studio" skit, but like in a twilight dimension where everything is backwards.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
the first time i saw odd future was tyler's french video and i was like"wtf is up with these guys they are messed up"
but they were a pretty intriguing bunch so i went and downloaded a bunch of their stuff and i'm glad i did

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I ****ing hate lil b...

hoes on my dick cuz i look like jesus

hoes on my dick cuz i look like darth vader

shirt tight like paris hilton pants shiny like paris hilton

yo bitch on me cuz i look like bill gates mixed with obama

wtf, how do you come up with this ****???

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The fact that it was all based on pure shock value I guess. Like they were just being different and odd purely for the sake of doing it.
The fact that they're so lyrically nasty on the mic makes this easy for me to ignore, lmao.

Even if they aren't 100% authentic, it's pretty entertaining, no?

From the way he types on twitter, to the videos, to the responses to interviewers and IDGAF attitude toward newer trends n ****...I dunno, it keeps me interested.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Freaked me the **** out when I realized he capitalizes the first letter of every word he types.

Psychos do that ****, lol.

Jane

Smash Hero
The fact that it was all based on pure shock value I guess. Like they were just being different and odd purely for the sake of doing it.
they dont "do it just to do it." they do it because they think its funny and entertaining, nothing wrong with that. do you hate jackass cuz they do what they do just because its funny?

the first time i saw odd future was tyler's french video and i was like"wtf is up with these guys they are messed up"
the first video i saw was the music video for EARL. i fell in love right then and there.

as a person that hates sterotypical ass hip-hop music videos, i thought it was pure genius.

Posted cuz it's ****ing true.
not true at all. girls with no confidence/no friends/boring are usually not attractive for those reasons, but there are usually other reasons that stack up on top of it all.

then for guys, you are most certainly not "f
ucked" if you have no money, no college plans, have obscure interests, or are quiet. and if you have no friends and are boring thats a problem all in itself.

I ****ing hate lil b...

hoes on my dick cuz i look like jesus

hoes on my dick cuz i look like darth vader

shirt tight like paris hilton pants shiny like paris hilton

yo bitch on me cuz i look like bill gates mixed with obama

wtf, how do you come up with this ****???
LMAO, thats why i like him.

Top Bottom