• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
gdfhdfhsdjajdfhjdsgjs

EDIT: YESSSSSS post #10,000

EDIT2:

That's weird. Maybe they had some sort of deal worked out?
Lmao I wasn't givin a **** about the 10,000th post because I didn't even read the post. Congrats. lmao

Also if you listen to the song there was no deal to work out, should have been on Lasers like intended lol.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Also if you listen to the song there was no deal to work out, should have been on Lasers like intended lol.
I guess Atlantic just didn't like Lupe's version and instead gave it to BoB because he could make it more mainstream. Atlantic kind of treated Lupe like trash and I don't like that.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
thats funny cause lupe was supposed to get "nothin on you" too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-T7ws6jOBI
Wow... no wonder why B.o.B has material on that album better than most of his other **** that I've heard. :I

Parts of Lasers are on that damn album lmfao... just shows how the industry is.. when you think a song is specifically for someone.. that's kinda disappointing really lol.

Bruno's vocals on this one is crap o_o If this is how he really sings what the **** is this ***** famous for? LMAO

Not fairrr thoughhh... Lupe made better songs out of these than B.o.B (arguably not Nothing on you but Lupe's version isn't mastered)

soap

Smash Hero
I liked lupe's airplane verses more than b.o.b.

bobby's backstory verse always just kinda bored me tho.

woulda been cool to hear this on lasers two years ago. but what's done is done.

Jane

Smash Hero
talib kweli was the best hiphop show ive ever been to. he was ****ing amazing. he had a drummer, bass guitarist, and a keyboard dude up there and ****. they all got solos; the drummer went HAM.

and then when he was done with his set, he just got on the 1s and 2s and had an after party. people were going on stage dancing and ****. too ****ing good. that man knows how to move a crowd.

fashawn was dope too though. i'm even more of a fan now.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Now I'm really wondering how many more of these songs that were supposed to be on lasers are actually on other hip hop Atlantic label albums? :I probably not many but idk.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
My favorite track off of Hip-Hop is Dead is Still Dreaming. It's so good to me for some reason. That, and that track that had the production by Dre.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
My favorite track off of Hip-Hop is Dead is Still Dreaming. It's so good to me for some reason. That, and that track that had the production by Dre.
The beat on "The N" is nasty to me, too.

"Blunt Ashes" is sick too.

The album overall fell short to me tho.

soap

Smash Hero
Saw bluzie on friday. Packed house, Pretty fun show. He came out with energy and back out for an encore. It was all new material I've never heard and it was hard to catch alot of the vocals over some of the goofy *** beats n' samples his dj was spinning. I recorded the encore, if my sis ever uploads it...

J davey chick was kinda weird. She was like humpin the stage and rollin around and stuff lolol. But she came out hyped too.

rhan

Smash Hero
It's actually the next main character in the series.

These card games take place...

IN SPACE!

Top Bottom