• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Quoted for agreedness.

Didn't expect you guys to unanimously like it. I may have to give it a listen.
You weren't going to anyway?
....seriously Matador?

OMFG Guys... this was just posted on my wall and is absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNhvCmWi3VM

I have no idea who this guy is but Imma start listening to more of his ****.
Haha Saigon been around the block.
This was really witty though, I liked it =]

Aight so Nicki's album...is probably the first Time I have ever added every song from a females album to my ipod

i mean every track wasn't great...but they weren't bad either

in-fact Nov 22 was a good day for CD's

I added
Kanye's Album, Nicki's Album, and Ne-yo's album
You's best not be trollin TK, I'm bout to download it right now...

OH ****!

*Goes to Itunes n get Nicki's album*

I don't keep up with when CD's come out.

Edit: And Neyo's.
Edit: And Banks's/Loso's

Helll yea? Fab is mainstream but he's great at what he does. SHOEICIDE anyone? I'll def be checking Loso's Way 2.

Same for Banks.
Co-Sign

this is a bad look for hip hop. why is this shiz on cartoon nextwork?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G8GGVWqvjM&feature=player_embedded

not even on adult swim; regular cartoon network, smh.

admittedly, i was lmfao when i first seen it. bizarre.
.....0_______________0
LOLOLOLOL
The poor kids of America =[

Jane

Smash Hero
I think MBDTF is pretty great, if you haven't noticed

If you guys want, I can put up a Mediafire link to all the G.O.O.D. Friday songs, ordered by release and tagged correctly. They're all available as free downloads on the web, so there's nothing illegal about it.
yessss do it! :D

Underload

Lazy
Kk, uploading.

I usually remove the (feat.) section of a song title, so if you REALLY want the other contributing artists in the title / artist field, just take a look at the album art and add 'em in. They're all there.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Alby

you realize I listen to hella music...so my opinion on rap is usually not too good but even if I'm wrong I don't think you will hate the album.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Appreciate it Underload, listened to a few but if I'm not feeling them I doubt I'll check the album. Some songs are on the album, correct?

Also, Fab is lol. Currently, he's really not impressive but he does make music that's easy to listen to. I think he's overrated. His Desert Storm days were his best.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Appreciate it Underload, listened to a few but if I'm not feeling them I doubt I'll check the album. Some songs are on the album, correct?

Also, Fab is lol. Currently, he's really not impressive but he does make music that's easy to listen to. I think he's overrated. His Desert Storm days were his best.
Two of those songs are on the album (3 if you count Monster which isn't up anymore. So Appalled and Devil in a New Dress). If you're gonna discount the entire actual album based on two tracks (DIAND is also very different on the album) I feel bad for you

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Nah, I just thought it was more than that. I thought Kanye had released most of the album tracks as part of the GOOD Friday series, guess not.

Edit: Power, Runaway and Gorgeous were circulating a good while before the album too right? That's what I must have been thinking about, add those to the other three and that's quite a lot, nearly half the album. I think even a couple more maybe were out too.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Just comin in here to say...
Kanye's album is apparently getting 4 and 5 star ratings everywhere. So i'm about to check it out and see if they're justified. Until I do I still stand by Sir Lucious Left Foot being hip hop album of the year.

Nicki Minaj is growing on me. Like when she first got popular her voice irritated me to no end and she seemed like just another Lil Kim "ghetto but girly" wannabe. That verse on Monster changed my mind...

Oh and whoever said Joell Ortiz is overrated a buncha pages back is lying @_@

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Nah, Joell Ortiz is good for awhile when you're first getting to hear him.

It takes a year or so before you realize he's the largest one-trick pony to ever pick up a microphone.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Joell thinks he's better than he is.

Ayo, Premier and Royce are going to be in London next week.

CAN I GET A YAOWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?!?!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The Brick was Joell's best project to date. 125 Grams 1-4 are great songs. But after that, nothing is THAT good.

A large majority of his content is about how good he is, and when he repeats that subject matter on practically every song it gets repetitive, there's only so many times you can say it on a track and I won't get bored. Other regular topics are getting his mother out of the hood. Fair enough on one song but he mentions it so much. Add the fact that he has some really corny lines on a regular basis and it gets old. I know it's a criticism you can direct at a lot of others but Joell is a classic example. He does it very well at times, I like the recent Battle Cry and when he strays from such matters I often like it. But he doesn't consistently drop something that really grabs my attention for a long time.

Cover The Classics was an original idea but it got old quick and could have been executed better. Roadkill was average. I like his work with Novel at times.

His rhymes are really basic at times, he really isn't the elite MC he thinks he is.

More importantly, I just realised I'm going to see the greatest producer of all time live. LOL.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I just wanna listen to pink friday, not download it because if I do I'm not buying it.. lol I bought enough this week nothin against Nicki.

EDIT: God****, is it me or it got much harder to download an album? Seems like they crackin down on this **** now.

rhan

Smash Hero
Pink Friday is a pop album.

I haven't gotten to hear ever single song from Neyo's album yet though.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Nah, I just thought it was more than that. I thought Kanye had released most of the album tracks as part of the GOOD Friday series, guess not.

Edit: Power, Runaway and Gorgeous were circulating a good while before the album too right? That's what I must have been thinking about, add those to the other three and that's quite a lot, nearly half the album. I think even a couple more maybe were out too.
Yeah, and if you saw the Runaway movie that is a peek at most of the songs on the album. Again, most of those tracks are changed up and improved a lot as well.

At this point, I think the only particularly weak track is Gorgeous. It's listenable and has some great lines ("what's a black Beatle anyway, a ****in roach?") but it's just kinda boring compared to everything else.

and as mentioned earlier, Raekwon's verse is like complete nonsense. It sounds cool but I have no clue what the hell he's talking about.

though, I still think the Power remix with Jay is better than the original.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Saigon was in a few Entourage episodes.

I liked one of his songs but never gave him a listen.

Whoever recommend the producer music, they know good.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well listened to Pink Friday... she got some good stuff on here but songs like Last chance she need to scrap..

Songs I liked most:

Roman's Revenge
Save Me
Moment 4 life (liked the most)

I think I forgot one but oh well. It was average though, wish I could say more.

Linguini

Smash Master
LOL I perfectly understood what raekwon was rapping about in Gorgeous, this thread is surprisingly weak in terms of wu tang fans.

Edit :Been listening to Bank's album a lot. It's pretty sick, banks is always on point with the lyricism and the sound resembles HFM which is good.

So Forgetful, Start It Up, and Unexplainable are my fav tracks on the cd.

Niko45

Smash Master

Underload

Lazy
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/afgHqFOPDN0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/afgHqFOPDN0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Great message.

Top Bottom