• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Hello, Bowsers! I'm picking Bowser up for low-tier, so I might be in here occasionally.
Please take care of me!

By the way, I really like wavebounced firebreath OoS (and by extension, firebreath in general), Dair/Nair, and random offstage Klaw suicides, soooo... Not really sure how well this'll work out. ^^;

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Don't use NAir in situations where you would use Klaw as an alternative, and you should be fine.

DAir is good to use only once/twice if your opponent is terrible at adapting or picking up on habits.

...and yeah. I still don't know or care too much about fire breath :|

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Fire breath is good like dair is good, going by limits extensive guide on dair usage.
When I first played bowser I had the bad habit of overusing fair as my only approach, so watch out for that.
Klaw. Nuff said.
Alternatively, Klaw Hopping.
And learn the grab release stuff

:phone:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I wanna see Bowsers play at Apex.
Which of you are going?
I also want Bowsers to see me at Apex.
F-smash read attempts all day!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I'm not going. I can't take a 3 day "non-weekend" off from school like that, if it's not for college..lol

we have friday and saturday classes, so it just isn't possible.

next year though? or 2014 or whatever..ill be in college in less than 3 months, so hey.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Which of you are going?
Sorry bud, I'm best man in my best friend's wedding January 7th. Else I'd be there!

:phone:

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Which of you are going?
Lol, did you know that you and I were the only dudes who played Bowser at MLG? Fun fact.

Anyway, I MIGHT be able to go to Apex. I'll need to check and plan some things first before I can give a definite answer.

B!squick

Smash Master
http://www.cracked.com/article_19582_if-twilight-4-was-10-times-shorter-100-times-more-honest.html

I lol'd.

EDIT: I tried posting this in a blog, but it wouldn't let me for some reason. :/ Ah well, I guess it's only you guys who'll get to enjoy my musings.

Me and my room mate thought of this the other day and we came to some terrifying conclusions based on what we know about Kryptonians. Okay, let's assume Kal-El decides he wants to restart the Kryptonian race with his cousin, Supergirl, or Kara Zor-El. Well, there's going to be some problems with inbreeding when it's time to make Superman a granddad. I mean, cousins is one thing and it's okay in Japan to do that sort of thing even, but brother and sister is a bit too close. This is why all the pharaohs and European nobility ran into some problems: incest makes for babies that are messed up in the head. Things will get better as they go along but suffice to say, you don't want to be the son of Superman. Or perhaps even worse, the grandson. But the problems don't even start there.

The problems start when you start to think about when Supergirl gives birth. And of course, this is assuming they do things the same way we humans do. And why not? They somehow look exactly the same as normal humans. Anyway, to understand the problem we have to remember how Superman and Supergirl actually become super. The sun. Yes, the sun. Good old sun light. That you get from being out of doors. Now, what do you find severely lacking in a womb?... That's right. A window. Poor Superbaby will just be Baby during birth. And when Supergirl has her super contractions, it's going to be like squeezing a tube of toothpaste... only instead it's baby paste. Yum.

I will now leave you to your nightmares.

EDIT2: Actually, I just thought of something. The problems start even sooner than that. It should be noted that women's wombs don't expand comfortably around the unborn baby. No no, that expansion in the mid region happens because the baby is growing. I have to wonder, how much growing would happen before Supergirl's super womb... well, I'll leave you with that thought.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My room mate and I*

EDIT: I actually typed up a nice long response to that, but it got erased somehow and im mad about that. Instead, Ill just say this (which btw, isnt what I originally typed up). Mothers pass nutrients to the babies in their womb correct? Why could a race that gains power from sunlight not pass that same power to the baby in the same way?

B!squick

Smash Master
How is the power to be awesome in sun light gonna help someone where, you know, there is none? And it's not like the power to shoot eye lasers and not die is some sort of vitamin you can take. The Kryptonian's cells themselves, when exposed to yellow sun light, become super awesome. It's like photosynthesis. Only instead of making a plant grow you get flight and unbreakable wombs of steel.

Also. *points* CAT!

EDIT: What the ****, Google Ads?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
thanks guys

Apparently it's Geoff's birthday today.

so..happy 21st? lol

edit: geoff = phiddlesticks in case you don't know

B!squick

Smash Master
Happy Birthday, Birthday Bowers! :D

Now for the bad news. I'm pretty sure, not 100% at this point, but I'm pretty sure that A Clash of Kings is part of some elaborate prank. Flayl, it seems you were right. Which means the situation is far worse. Tyrion's whole "let's find out who's balls I need to bust" scheme wasn't accidentally written poorly. It seems that it was INTENTIONALLY, yes friends, intentionally written in such a way that it confused and annoyed me.

Someone, anyone, please, someone tell me why, how, when a story is told from a FIRST PERSON perspective closely following very specific characters and reading their inner thoughts, that they can execute a deceitful plan without letting the reader know about it? So that you think the writer is an idiot and mixed up a pair of characters, but it turns out they were intentionally lieing to other characters in the story WITHOUT EXPLAINING WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON TO THE READER!

So, not only am I dismayed at how terribly this plan of Tyrion's is presented, but the plan itself is terrible! It only works if one of the three parties tattles on Tyrion to the Queen, the one exception being if Varys and Petyr rat him out. Any other situation, it does not work. If the Maester guy and Petyr both go to the queen with their info, even her dull wits would realize something is amiss when two different direct sources tell her that Tyrion plans to send her daughter to two different places. It likewise wont work if the Maester and Varys go to her with one saying the daughter is to go to the Dornish and the other saying the son going there. And if all three let the cat out of the bag, Tyrion's plan fails even harder!

Congratulations, Tyrion. You got lucky. And all the way up until now you were one of the few characters I liked. Now it's down to Jon Snow and Daenerys. And I'm half way through the book and Daenerys is only just now getting her second chapter. Don't know what I'd do without all those Bran chapters.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Now for the bad news. I'm pretty sure, not 100% at this point, but I'm pretty sure that A Clash of Kings is part of some elaborate prank. Flayl, it seems you were right. Which means the situation is far worse. Tyrion's whole "let's find out who's balls I need to bust" scheme wasn't accidentally written poorly. It seems that it was INTENTIONALLY, yes friends, intentionally written in such a way that it confused and annoyed me.

Someone, anyone, please, someone tell me why, how, when a story is told from a FIRST PERSON perspective closely following very specific characters and reading their inner thoughts, that they can execute a deceitful plan without letting the reader know about it? So that you think the writer is an idiot and mixed up a pair of characters, but it turns out they were intentionally lieing to other characters in the story WITHOUT EXPLAINING WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON TO THE READER!
Imo this means the book and author is fantastic. He did something terribly hard to do, and did it extremely well. Kudos to the author is what is truly due imo.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
So Bowser's my low tier main, and I took out 6 stocks in a crew battle with him.

You Bowser mains probably have the most fun out of any character. :)

Top Bottom