• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's pretty bad. Definitely worse than Brawl.
It has its own appeal though. :applejack:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
There's not enough bowser players in the world

It's because he's always portrayed as the bad guy
That makes no sense. People will play who they want to play. I mean if you're dealing with children or immature people I guess that would hold true but after a while I'm seeing less and less of this. From a competitive standpoint, I would link Bowser being a legitimately bad character as the main reason before I would say he's a bad guy. If Bowser were even a decent character in this game I'm sure we'd have a bunch of kids using him in all types of environments. Kids who want to be rebels and use a bad guy for their first time, or kids who are tired of using Mario (I'm speaking from a childish mentality of course) or any good guy really.

The fanbase, of course, helps, but are we really interested in that in a competitive environment? Having 500 Sonic players is great because they were all fans of the franchise, but what about the ones that will actually rise up and truly show Sonic's worth? That amounts to, what, 5% of that?

I play PSA and I use Evil Cole. It's weird because my friend showed me the game and I looked and I saw before even playing the game myself that I would use him. I guess every character fits a different mold for a different type of player, but they all just look and play weird. I guess I like ECM because he gives me that overwhelming/easy to transition from camping to attacking Falco kind of feel, with Grind jump cancel -> bombs and ****...I guess I really am a Falco player at heart.

Anyway, I'm really not feeling the game as a whole. It's fun, but I wouldn't put it above Brawl honestly...it just feels off. It's a different game, so it really shouldn't be compared to Brawl, but I wouldn't see myself playing this game for an extremely extended period of time like I did for Brawl and Melee. It just looks and feels awkward.

I could agree with Ryko in saying that it's definitely not a Brawl game, but that's common sense. We could have all predicted that a year ago when the concept of using supers to kill was introduced. It's not rocket science. The question of it being better is up to the player, and I personally am not seeing that.

Then again I play Marvel so what do I know. I haven't even gotten around to trying P:M. I keep telling myself that I should/need to play it to see what the talk is all about, but I keep forgetting, and in all honesty I'm not really missing much if the Brawl community isn't being shaken by a side game lol. I'll get around to it eventually...or never, I don't know. It's like the same thing with Brawl+/- and Balanced Brawl. The **** had heat for a while and then it just died out...I think. I would actually be a bit worried and surprised if those games were still around. I do hope that P:M stays around longer but who knows.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Limit, is there anyone here that can spectate a few Bowser videos for me? I'm gonna try and get some footage or something today.

:applejack:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
You mean like watch it and give an opinion? I can do that.

I don't really know if you want an opinion from a washed up fraud like me though haha

Flayl

Smash Hero
No Dark Peaching in the Bowser room!

Epsy you've been saying that for like how many weeks now?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
lmao Flayl calling me out

You can send the replays to me and I can upload them (if you want) so you can get more critiques or whatever from all of us. I actually need incentive to upload replays anyway, I had like 3 requests and I just do **** throughout the day and then it hits 3:00 AM and I'm like "dang I forgot to do something..."

Being quite honest you could really send them to any of us and we could get a look at it. It just depends on who it'd be easier to get to, and I think it's me...I'm free all day aside from watching the NFL Wild Card games today, and my Wii is right here lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
Happy Birthday Uncle :)

P:M has too different a system that confuses me. I have really played Melee since Brawl launched. I figure SSB4 will launch soon (maybe) and I'm going to stick with Brawl until then because the solid tourney and wifi scenes.
I don't have a PS3 so no Allstars.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Bowser's fsmash explodes.
AND I SWEAR I WILL FLAYL. I just need someone to upload videos. :< :applejack:

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
That makes no sense. People will play who they want to play. I mean if you're dealing with children or immature people I guess that would hold true but after a while I'm seeing less and less of this. From a competitive standpoint, I would link Bowser being a legitimately bad character as the main reason before I would say he's a bad guy. If Bowser were even a decent character in this game I'm sure we'd have a bunch of kids using him in all types of environments. Kids who want to be rebels and use a bad guy for their first time, or kids who are tired of using Mario (I'm speaking from a childish mentality of course) or any good guy really.

The fanbase, of course, helps, but are we really interested in that in a competitive environment? Having 500 Sonic players is great because they were all fans of the franchise, but what about the ones that will actually rise up and truly show Sonic's worth? That amounts to, what, 5% of that?
Your probably right. Ganon is evil but tons of people play him

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
but would tons of people play him in a tournament setting or with something on the line?

suddenly that number decreases significantly.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
do you know why?

maybe you may have played on a wii that had a no-trip code on, maybe your wii doesn't have that on. if you know for a fact that that's the case you can still send it to me, i have that code toggled on my wii.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know that tripping desynchs. I recorded replays on my Wii.
For some reason they're just...doing it anyways. :< :applejack:

Rizen

Smash Legend
*needs activity*
Marth's been giving me a ton of trouble lately. The only effective move vs him is fortress; he swats Bowser away easily and fire breath is almost worthless. Help? :scared:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Rizen, have you tried watching vids of Bowser VS Marth?

Search for Vex VS Pierce, Zigsta VS Nike, Ixis vs Anaky to get a general idea of what to do. Firebreath really shouldn't have been one of your go-to options and fortress being the only reliable move is untrue

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Marth is on of my favorite MUs to play as Bowser actually lol. I also love going against ROB, but I love playing ROB in general cuz its probably my most played MU in the entire game (maybe MK more but its close).

And MK never bothers me cuz I still have Yoshi, and Yoshi is probably one of the top 10 best characters in the MK match up, and then you factor in that most MKs lack experience against Yoshi, and it results in a very winnable MU. Only time I ever lose to MK is when they are clearly better or have tons of Yoshi experience.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nike and I have played a loooot of Bowser vs. Marth.
My favorite Bowser MU so far.

:applejack:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Bowser vs Falco is probably mine.

Or Snake. Marth is pretty fun too though. I have some old matches against a Marth player up on the 'tube.

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'll look those Bowser vs Marth games up, thanks. I don't really have Bowser exp vs Marth so he shuts me down hard. I'm still trying to figure out a good use for fire breath; edge guarding and vs bad people seem to be the only safe ways. Charizard's is better.

Yoshi is surprisingly good vs MK. The first time I used my scrub MK vs a Yoshi he murdered me.

My favorite Bowser MU... hhm, IDK. Several are fun and a handful are annoying as hell.

Edit: Yeah Marth's not too bad unless the lag is bad. I didn't bother saving any from that set because the lag. Lag Marth is harder for most of my characters than offline or good connection.

B!squick

Smash Master
DotA 2 is slowly consuming my life. I also randomly have 6 passes I'm not doing anything with, so if anyone else wants to waste countless hours on this game (297 so far for me and I think I got it in November), just give me a holla.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I have 5 passes and I've barely even played the game. I got tired of DotA-style games with League of Legends, so yeah...

Rizen

Smash Legend
^What's DotA stand for?

How does Bowser do in teams? He doesn't seem to get any special boosts like some characters and he's a big target.

B!squick

Smash Master
Bowser's good at getting team killed. :D

Defense of the Ancients, originally a mod for Warcraft 3, it was the first of its kind spawning many other MOBAs. Now Valve is making a full release version.

And Flayl, if you're tired of MOBAs, you must not have played Awesomenauts. I'd probably play that game more if I had any friends that played.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Defense of the Ancients.

And Bowser is pretty unremarkable in teams, he doesnt have anything that really stands out or would be a big help, and imo hes probably bottom 5 in the game in a team setting. However, he can stock tank really well due to his great defensive options and massive weight, so you CAN work him into a team if you team with a great 1v2 character that you can support like MK, Lucario, Ness, etc

EDIT: Dammit ninjad

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wreck-It Ralph was a good movie. Too bad a ghost who is not too bright got more lines than any other cameo character including Bowser. These boards are too inactive.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah I dont really play Brawl too much lately. I mostly just play PS Allstars with the occasional LoL and Project M.

D

Deleted member 189823

Glad to see you're not one of those Nintendo fanbois/Sony haters that are as shallow to start hating PS Allstars and call it a "poor copy" of SSB.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I just dont like the game, it feels too rinse-repeat to me and this is after playing it since the release date up to yesterday

It could be that I play Evil Cole and most players are terrible at the game and have horrible habits, but idk. I still play Brawl but b a r e l y
:phone:

Top Bottom