• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP XII - Tales! Of! Interest! (extended: 07/05/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I tried, but the idea was crap O_o.
Dunno if I can still come up with something. Otherwise I'd make a somewhat bad story and submit it anyway.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm gonna try starting this tomorrow on the train.

I think I've got a good idea.

:X
oooh i look forward to competing with vyse again~

I tried, but the idea was crap O_o.
Dunno if I can still come up with something. Otherwise I'd make a somewhat bad story and submit it anyway.
you can do it ^^ write what you want and keep what you like. come up with a few different ideas for the prompt, im sure you can look all around you and come up with ideas! a simple idea is sometimes best.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
As long as it's made out of words on a screen it is fair game. Like Tom says, if it's meant to be a screenplay or a theater play then it's not really a short story, but if you were to write an entry written like a play or screenplay we would judge it like a short story, if you know what I mean. Hell, even if it's not strictly "words on a screen" we'll take it anyway and find some way to judge it fairly.
Thank you for the clarification! I look forward to submitting.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
2) Post your story in a thread before the deadline - Currently, the deadline is negotiable. We're aiming for a month deadline (06/24/10), but we're open to extension.
here you go~sies

good luck!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I lied and didn't start it.
I only started planning it.

But Uni. UNI. OMG.

NEBIHDKJAGYYWIUEJLFIEUGYFEIHLAWYEFLWK

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Didn't think this really warranted a new thread so I'll just ask it here:
If I have a story that doesn't follow a prompt but is rather just a work I've finished recently, would it be cool if I posted it in WWYP for critiquing? Not as an entry for anything, just as a casual workshop.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You can post things in Creative Minds for general critique.

...:urg:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I see a distinct lack of things turning out to be man.
My story will be coming close to the deadline. You see, the deadline is the last day of school for me, so up until a few days before that I have finals to study for. Maybe this is the issue some other people are having. But, I'm still pretty sure I'll be done before the deadline.

Edit: Eh, I just decided to type it all up tonight. Still have to edit and revise it, but I'll probably put it up soon.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

this should tide you over until i think of something to write

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
What is the ultimate weapon?

It turns out it's [a] Man [named Mark Benford].

Alright guys Jungle wins everybody go home.

But seriously keep 'em comin' and good luck writing with your power and whatnot!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm having trouble understanding the prompt. Specifically...

What is a man?

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Is it the power in his hands?

Is it his quest for glory?

Give it all ya gotuh

To fight too the top

So we cn know yer story

NOW YER A MAUGHN

A MAUGHN MAUGHN MAUGHN

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Mine will be in soon.

I'm having trouble understanding the prompt. Specifically...

What is a man?
I would suggest that you consider man not as the "question" (i.e. what is man, what is a man), but the answer.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I looked around for a bit for the answer to this question and couldn't find it. Sorry if I've overlooked.

I was wondering what sort of limit rating we have for our stories? As in, how racy can our stories be?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you can be pretty racy. cort's winning piece had sex in it! as long as its in good taste it is normally allowed. racy for the sake of attention points "look im racy" is bad. im sure yours will be fine maylingsies.

edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239579 this was pretty racy but in a different way and was still very well liked, just wasnt for wwyp

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
We had a story once that contained incest double ****. That's where you get incestually ***** except by two people. It was also the worst short story I have ever read, and totally within the allowances granted to creative types in these halls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom