• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu: X Games It's Back on! Esam, Vinnie, M2K, Junebug, Logic, Mekos....Dabuz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oygp

Smash Rookie
anyone hosting a brawl fest anytime soon?

I have a pretty good wolf that I'd like to test out

M@v

Subarashii!
State College may be interested in this. I know some people were throwing this tourney around. I'll probably know what we are doing closer to tourney time. Haven't been to a MD/VA tourney yet + you guys almost always make the trip to Harrisburg, so we should return the favor.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I've been getting kinda bored with Melee. The tech "skill" stuff is just starting become too complicated. I'm looking to make my Brawl debut here (though I will probably enter both). Wish me luck! ^_^

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Like you can talk Episolong ~_~

But seriously Bones? Pretty mad not legit :|
Only halfheartedly support you if you stay with Melee too :glare:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Like you can talk Episolong ~_~

But seriously Bones? Pretty mad not legit :|
Only halfheartedly support you if you stay with Melee too :glare:
You would understand if you played a harder character. Captain Falcon is just really easy. You can't DI out of his comboes, he can just dash dance grab and there's no way around it, and the hardest tech with him is pivot nairs. REAL difficult.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
You would understand if you played a harder character. Captain Falcon is just really easy. You can't DI out of his comboes, he can just dash dance grab and there's no way around it, and the hardest tech with him is pivot nairs. REAL difficult.
Lol what?

Anyways imma destroy MD/VA at KTAR, then this tourney :D

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Oh and i told VA about this tourney i think we might make the journey to xanadu for melee :O

so i think it might be a legit tourney for melee :O

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
That sounds great CK!

I just wanted to let everyone know that VG has given me the honor and privilege of officiating and promoting this event. With that said, I have some great news!

We will be doing Brawl Pools (And melee pools too if turnout is decent enough!) for singles. If there is time there will be a side tourney but I doubt we will have time for that.

I'll be handling seeding and officiating so just keep your eye out! Coney's event had a ton of upsets so let's keep that hype wave moving along here at Xanadu.

BTW, there is plenty of food nearby, including Chick-fil-A, McD's, and Wendys. Hope to see you all there! An AiB page should be up by tomorrow, i'll have a link up when it's ready. I'll also have an FB event so if you could just click attending on either one or both that would be great!

See you there!

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yeaaaa and if sypher goes he can seed the really well since he has results from all previous tournies so hes prolly the best at seeding

This time can I record the main setup and have my Wii for the setup? I've got some cool music and team textures for Lucario, Sonic, Falco, and Pokemon Trainer

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey Zant,

I think i'm gonna have my wii on the main setup- I haven't had mine on in quite a while but I also have cool music and team textures.

CK- I keep up to date with our melee scene but I'm sure i'll ask sypher to double check the bracket for me. Thanks!

AiB page is up! If you're attending this event, please go here and click "I am attending this tournament"

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12391

Aposl

Smash Ace
Yes tant is officially the host now, but he is running this tournament with us and we think hes going to do a great job!

Also we want this to be big so MD/VA - ers lets help hype this up and get as much from our region to come, cmon guys!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
yo Keitaro, change the title of the NY/NJ thread to give this some hype :D

J/k, I know that's never gonna happen

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
yo Keitaro, change the title of the NY/NJ thread to give this some hype :D

J/k, I know that's never gonna happen
I usually only put the name of a tourney in the thread title a week before the tourney comes up but after LIRR this weekend I can put Xanadu in the thread title for ya :D Just remind me if I forget although I'm sure I'll remember.

Edit: lol just noticed the joking thing but I'll still do it after this weekend.

Aposl

Smash Ace
no worries man, I am still up anyway, it was more weird than inconvenient because I thought I was being trolled LOL.

LeonHeart

Smash Cadet
no worries man, I am still up anyway, it was more weird than inconvenient because I thought I was being trolled LOL.
You'd be right to believe that: I tend to troll life pretty hard.
(I also posted a thread in Melee discussion openly doubting the legitimacy of the Space Animals as a a grouping. I honestly believe that they're not. People thought I was trolling)
But yeah, I also didn't think I could, just, y'know, post in the thread. Or go to that thing Tantalus posted. As soon as I saw your # I just sort of assumed I was supposed to call.
Yeah, JesusSmashesPuffs! and I are both really excited.

LeonHeart

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I've never been to a tourney before. Only got into competitve-style play this year. As a matter of fact, I used to own a copy of Melee after I got it for Christmas one year, but I lost it. I only replaced it so I could practice maybe a month ago, whenever X-Men came out (Saw it the same day I replaced my copy). Before that, I just used to play something like 2 hours of friendlies with JesusSmashesPuffs! everyday.
(A friend of mine, Fox mainer, who hasn't posted in the thread, but he's going to b there.)

I go to something like 4 doctors pretty regularly, and other things that require pretty strict scheduling, so even though it's not really my hing, it's the way I've gotten used to doing things. Calling and saying I was gonna be there just seemed natural.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Is any Nj coming? I wanna team with Will if he comes.
Hey Joe, it's been like 2.5 years since the last time we teamed. Ahahaha.

Also, I'm a little worried about space. It has been awhile since I went to a Xanadu, but last time I remember Brawl barely fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom