• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu: X Games It's Back on! Esam, Vinnie, M2K, Junebug, Logic, Mekos....Dabuz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aposl

Smash Ace
quick update, in total we have about 37 players coming, Lets try to get 60 people over all guys! Hype!

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
im interested in going to this, hopefully i can go tho

LeonHeart

Smash Cadet
So this tournament is marked for the Maryland/Virginia Bi-state area, but I checked, and we have at least one smasher each coming from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Delaware. Keep hyping guys!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Glad to see all the support for this event! It will be a blast.

Melee will be in the front room. There will only be room for 2 or 3 setups for that, just fyi. If we have room in the main room we can put some more melee setups in there. Melee runs much more quickly and probably will have less attendance so i'm not too terribly concerned.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Blown <_<
We better get like 50 for Melee and show you for underestimating us haha

How can this front room only have room for 2-3 setups though, is it that super small?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Wenbo if 50 people show up for melee we will definitely give you half of the backroom, rofl. 50 people haven't shown up for a melee local in a very very long time, but feel free to prove me wrong, the more the merrier!

We've had 2 events so far this Summer that reached 30+ entrants. Getting 30 again is achievable. Maybe if tri-state joins in we could add a few more?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Having Melee at this is a waste, and that small room in the front is lol for space, of course you'll have to give them some of the back room which I'm not cool with. 10 venue fee is already a lot, should not be losing set up space.

Melee and Brawl in the same venue is the best thing ever. We can get to know each other and be friends♥

Vist

Smash Champion
Local melee turnouts def have the potential to get some bigger numbers, but it's been a while since we've had a venue that's both decently spacious and has a good location relative to the majority of the MD/VA (IMO that hasn't been the case since the last shell shocked). It's been ages since we've had a tournament that's not in VA and not in a basement of someone's house btw..

If you guys really want to get some decent numbers for melee, then it could happen, but if melee is just gonna be like a side event, it'll probably just get side event numbers.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'll be completely honest and say that Aposl adding Melee is probably entirely a business decision. Bottom line I believe Xanadu was upset that our last turnout was 15 people or so, so he wanted to find a way to raise attendance.

I feel the venue will more than accomodate our numbers, and if it doesn't, well then all power to us. We've dealt with cramped venues before (See: 5 guys) and it worked out just fine. Obviously we're BRAWL hosts, so we specialize in that more, but MELEE will be very prominent here too. It'll be nice to have a location that is central to everyone like Cyberden and Shell Shocked were. I'll be fine running all the events, so no worries there.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Vist: the reason Melee is getting a smaller room is because we're expecting a smaller turn out. If the turn out is larger we'll accommodate. I'm entering Melee because I love the game. It wasn't "just" a business decision

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
I'll be completely honest and say that Aposl adding Melee is probably entirely a business decision. Bottom line I believe Xanadu was upset that our last turnout was 15 people or so, so he wanted to find a way to raise attendance.

I feel the venue will more than accomodate our numbers, and if it doesn't, well then all power to us. We've dealt with cramped venues before (See: 5 guys) and it worked out just fine. Obviously we're BRAWL hosts, so we specialize in that more, but MELEE will be very prominent here too. It'll be nice to have a location that is central to everyone like Cyberden and Shell Shocked were. I'll be fine running all the events, so no worries there.
OH if its just to get a venue fee out of us then im gonna ask sypher to hold one on the 27th imo :glare::glare:

good lucks Phil :D

Bones0

Smash Legend
It makes sense that Melee will only get 2-3 setups because of match length differences. There will be more games played on the 3 Melee setups than there will be on 10 Brawl setups. It pretty much evens out by the end so that both tournaments finish on time.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I mean, CK, i'm totally ok with putting a full fledge effort into melee here...i've hosted melee before a few times so it's not new to me.

I'm just not in tune with the community as well, unfortunately.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Melee was added because we care about Melee, a lot of people say that VG has nothing to do with Melee and we wanted to prove them wrong. We are having an event with both because xanadu needs numbers. The business side of this has to do with keeping our relations with the venue good, nothing to do with getting more money out of melee or something. Unfortunately the real world outside of our community doesn't care about community growth lol.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well there you have it folks

This will be a full fledged melee tournament! Vg and I are committed to giving you all a full experience for melee as well as brawl. I can't wait for this event. I may even enter melee, pot filler in the house!

Make sure to go to the aib page and click I am attending this tournament!

:phone:

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
From a player perspective, knowing that there will only be 2-3 setups really hurts my hype. I'm sure that is the case for other people as well, so attendance will be affected.

If you want to make this a larger Melee tournament, it is within your power to do so. I had ~40ish at my house a few weeks ago, and we had a PR tourney with around the same numbers a month before that. Unfortunately we've been running tourneys in people's basements (namely Sypher's <3) for a while now, so having an actual venue would be godsend.

I don't know how much room there is in the venue, but if it is enough to fit both communities, then it would be beneficial for us all to share the space.

Its up to you. Its nice to see the Brawl kids caring about us tho <3

Tant's not entirely free. His Falcon has a few tricks to surprise you. I got almost 3 stocked the first game I played him in a money match (there was almost a 3 stock comeback)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom