• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
OK my bro might get an XBOX for his birthday, and we plan to share it as long as I pay for XBL. Is it better than my current ps3, and what's better about it. Also, how is CoD better on XBOX other than early maps?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
OK my bro might get an XBOX for his birthday, and we plan to share it as long as I pay for XBL. Is it better than my current ps3, and what's better about it. Also, how is CoD better on XBOX other than early maps?
Depends who you ask. Most people say that XBL is better than the PSN.

And there is no real difference.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
This is just a personal opinion, but i find that playing CoD is much more fun and easy when played on the xbox, the feel of the controller is better, but as far as the game its self, there is no difference, XBL, is mush better than PSN, i'm not gonna give any input, you should just try it out for yourself. :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I got left for dead 2 now. Get at me.

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
True swag all Valve games are better on PC. Because of Additional content. I had the orange box for my xbox 360 waiting for years til value was gonna give us an update...So i bought the PC version and now i have more than 5 levels!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I can't believe they're making big news out of that :\

Anyways, I prefer the new look. The more green makes it a bit more vibrant. And is it me or is the new 360 in a lighter shade of grey?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I can't believe they're making big news out of that :\

Anyways, I prefer the new look. The more green makes it a bit more vibrant. And is it me or is the new 360 in a lighter shade of grey?
I agree. They got rid of the "Xbox LIVE" part because every 360 game has to have some sort of "Live awareness" feature and the green goes well.

Yup. I like the lighter shade of grey.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
It's Microsoft's new add-on for the 360 that features motion capture. They've confirmed they'll be releasing more info on it at E3, don't worry.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
anyone wanna hit me up one xbox live?

My GT is AgroxSage

the games i have are Borderlands, L4D, SSF4, COD: MW2, Halo 3, and a lot others im to lazy to type.
You should post in the MW2 thread here since you have the game. :)

Anyone know what Project Natal is?

I saw it on the dashboard but they didn't give any details on it...
And you couldn't simply use Wikipedia? :dizzy:

It's Microsoft's new add-on for the 360 that features motion capture. They've confirmed they'll be releasing more info on it at E3, don't worry.
Yeah, I'm excited to hear more info about it but I'm worried about the price. Knowing Microsoft, it'll be expensive.

EDIT: Some Dreamcast titles will be on the XBLA and PSN.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/10/dreamcast-returns-on-psn-and-xbla-this-year/
http://ca.kotaku.com/5560151/the-dreamcast-returns-as-digital-content

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok so I need some help.

When I got XBL, I used a gold membership 1 month free card that I had laying around. Now it expired and I have another card that I want to use. It only gives me the option to pay with a payment option.

How do I use my other card?

Ok disregard this post, my other 1 month free card was expired

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Here is an image of the rumoured Xbox 360 Slim. It will supposedly come with a 250GB HDD, built-in Wi-Fi and be compatible with Kinect.

And Project Natal is no more! It is now called "Kinect" and will launch with the following titles: (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/13/kinect-library-for-xbox-360-revealed-by-usa-today/)

- Kinectimals features over 20 different virtual pets, including lions, tigers, and cheetahs, to play with or raise.
- Joyride has returned to life as a controller-free racing game, apparently.
- Kinect Sports will offer sport games to play: "boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis." For each one, you will make motions to play the games.
- Kinect Adventures has a river raft and obstacle course to navigate -- this is likely the demo we saw last week.
- MTV Games will release Dance Central, where you can cut a virtual rug.

And there will be more games announced later featuring both Disney characters and Star Wars characters, in conjunction with Disney and LucasArts, respectively.

EDIT: Confirmed. Shipping this week for $299.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just to let everyone that they've reduced the price of the older 360 models:

Arcade - $150 (used to be $200)
Elite - $250 (used to be $300)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
F8AL, I was pointing out the fact that I didn't know what the Arcade was until somebody pointed it out. I wasn't asking or anything.
Is that what it is? I thought it had more arcade games is all :confused:
You were asking us if what the person said about the Xbox 360 Arcade model was true. I was simply giving you additional information in case you wanted to know more about it or whatever.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You were asking us if what the person said about the Xbox 360 Arcade model was true. I was simply giving you additional information in case you wanted to know more about it or whatever.
Oh I see, I thought it was one of those "Go research it yourself" moments we usually have >_>

So anyways, I'm having troubles with my Xbox. My room got a major improvement, and as such, my parents were trying to connect my PS3, Wii, and Xbox on the TV without having to get up and switch the color cables everytime I wanna play on a different console. So anyways, my parents managed to put my Wii in the normal color slots and 2 of the 3 color cables of my PS3 on the bottom slot. That left open 3 extra slots for the hi-def cables that my Xbox brought (the green, blue, and red cable). When I plug them in, everything runs normally except that there is no audio as if it had been muted. The rest looks great, except for that. Any idea of what it could be? I looked on the Microsoft site and it says that the cable's possibly broken or something about my TV's options not being put on right. I looked everywhere on the menu and toyed with the options and nothing. I switched the cable on the back of the Xbox from TV to High-Def and still nothing. I also toyed around with the audio settings and still nothing. I'm afraid that I'll have to buy another cable and I'll be going to Gamestop tomorrow for some questions and buy another cable possibly. To try to avoid wasting money and not making my parents go with me, I want to know what's wrong with my cables/TV/Xbox....

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Grrrr, remember when I said I'd be getting new HD cables for my Xbox? Well, I did and sound STILL DOESN'T COME OUT OF IT. I need help, because I just got brand spanking new wires and something is still wrong with my xbox. And I don't feel like getting up and unplugging my wii cables for my xbox cables to play CoD all the time you know.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Grrrr, remember when I said I'd be getting new HD cables for my Xbox? Well, I did and sound STILL DOESN'T COME OUT OF IT. I need help, because I just got brand spanking new wires and something is still wrong with my xbox. And I don't feel like getting up and unplugging my wii cables for my xbox cables to play CoD all the time you know.
Okay.

I do actually get this problem myself from time to time (usually after I accidentally hit the wrong button in my TV settings), but in all those cases it fixed itself after I'd plugged in the standard Xbox cables, with the red, white and yellow ends. I've no idea what the hell it does to solve it, but there you go. :ohwell:

Not a foolproof solution mind you. Just give it a try.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Okay.

I do actually get this problem myself from time to time (usually after I accidentally hit the wrong button in my TV settings), but in all those cases it fixed itself after I'd plugged in the standard Xbox cables, with the red, white and yellow ends. I've no idea what the hell it does to solve it, but there you go. :ohwell:

Not a foolproof solution mind you. Just give it a try.
But the thing is that you're supposed to plug in the green, blue and red cables for Hi Def in the proper slots and the other red and white ones in the slots right next to it. Plugging in the yellow wouldn't help because that's just for visuals, not audio. I even double checked and went on forums for tech support and nothing can fix it. I also tried toying around with the settings on my xbox and nothing.

I still can't stand having to get up and go through all the hassle just to play CoD :/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
****, that new dashboard looks fugly.

At least it's better than what we started out with. I stayed with that for years until I got Guitar Hero Metallica and an update installed it. And I haven't regretted it ever since

Also, since I know I won't be getting games with this so I won't post in the what game shoudl I get thread, what would 400 MS go good to? I have some spare ones from getting the MW2 map pack.

(**** you Microsoft for making me waste 20 dollars for a 15 dollar map pack :mad:)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
****, that new dashboard looks fugly.

At least it's better than what we started out with. I stayed with that for years until I got Guitar Hero Metallica and an update installed it. And I haven't regretted it ever since

Also, since I know I won't be getting games with this so I won't post in the what game shoudl I get thread, what would 400 MS go good to? I have some spare ones from getting the MW2 map pack.

(**** you Microsoft for making me waste 20 dollars for a 15 dollar map pack :mad:)
Which type/genre of games are you most interested in? It's a shame you don't have 800 MS points, as I'd recommend Perfect Dark XBLA. (Ah, the nostalgia...)

And it's not Microsoft that you should be blaming for the price tags of the MW2 map packs, it's either Activision/Infinity Ward. Please think before making random accusations. Besides, no one is forcing you to buy the DLC for MW2.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Eh... I'm not sure that Microsoft has any games for 400 MS Points right? And I'm not exactly asking for games, I'm just asking for anything in general I could download for 400 MS Points. If I wanted to ask for a game in specific, I'd go ask in the what game should I get thread.

**** it, I'm just irked at the fact I had to waste 5 extra dollars than I would've

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Eh... I'm not sure that Microsoft has any games for 400 MS Points right? And I'm not exactly asking for games, I'm just asking for anything in general I could download for 400 MS Points. If I wanted to ask for a game in specific, I'd go ask in the what game should I get thread.

**** it, I'm just irked at the fact I had to waste 5 extra dollars than I would've
You have Rock Band? They have a decent amount of songs which you should check out.

Top Bottom