• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Wiisco316 said:
I wonder why....
Because like me, he's an Xbox fanboy. And it just appeals more than Nintendo or Sony. :)

I'm not gonna get a 360 yet though. I'll wait for Halo 3 since I am in no hurry whatsoever. Nothing that interesting enough to get a 360 is out in my opinion. :psycho:

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
When was Live Arcade announced? Was it before Nintendo's Virtual Console? If not, you know what I have to say about it...

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
FdWii said:
When was Live Arcade announced? Was it before Nintendo's Virtual Console? If not, you know what I have to say about it...
Or it could've been a coincidence...

I heard about it a while ago, I can't pin-point the exact date though, sorry.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
FdWii said:
edit: actually, Live Arcade was on the original Xbox, just not very many people had it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Everything (you should know) from the conference:

Coming to Xbox Live Arcade soon:
Contra
Super Contra
Frogger
Pac-Man
Sonic the Hedgehog
Time Pilot
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Rootbeer Tapper
Ms. Pac-Man
Robo Blitz
Lumines Live!
Mutant Storm Empire
Dig Dug
Galaga
Defender
Small Army
Heavy Weapon
Scramble

Xbox 360 games shown:
Lost Planet
Table Tennis
Mass Effect
NHL 2K7
F.E.A.R.
Too Human
Viva Pinata
Moto GP '06
The Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2
Sonic the Hedgehog
Madden 2007
World Series Poker
Saint's Row
Smackdown
Stanglehold
Enchanted Arms
Test Drive Unlimited
NCAA Football 2007
Dead Rising
Dance Dance Revolution Universe
Superman Returns
Crackdown
N3: Ninety Nine Nights
Gears of War
Blue Dragon
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Alan Wake
Prey
Fable 2
Forza Motorsport 2
Shadowrun
Grand Theft Auto IV
Halo 3

New periphrials:
Wireless Headset
Wireless Steering Wheel (Shipping same day as Forza 2)
HD-DVD drive (connects to 360 through USB)
Xbox Live Vision (Camera)

And I'll just copy this last bit from IGN:

Gates announces a new platform called Live Anywhere that will roll out when Vista ships. It will be a big part of Vista. It will have cross-platform capability. Mobile phones, Xbox 360, and PC will share tools.

A demo of this new platform is given. Whenever you log onto a system you'll log onto Xbox Live. An interface is shown on a PC that uses the same "blade" system as Xbox Live. No matter which platform you are on you'll sign in with the same gamertag with the same friends list.

Marketplace will be available on all systems. Now you can download content like Zuma onto your mobile phone. As an example Major Nelson mails a custom car from his phone to a PC. Then begins to customize it on the PC and throws it into the game.

The conference closes with the announcement that they will have a 10 million unit head start on the other companies before they launch. There will be 160 games by this holiday season, and amazing footage of Halo 3. The trailer shows combat on earth with the message that this is the way the world ends and the text: Finish the Fight: 2007.
---

Also, Capcom's new game Lost Planet has a demo up on Live, and man, is that an awesome demo. I wasn't expecting anything from the game, but it's now one of my most anticipated this year.

And btw:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
McWii said:
The areas of that screenshot that are in light look unbelievable. The parts in darkness just look muddy.
I noticed. The helmet looks flawless. The rest looks muddy(Blurry?) because obviously the main focus is on John.

On a side note, that game.."Too Human" freaking OWNS. I saw some gameplay last night while watching E3, the game looks fun as hell.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
McWii said:
The areas of that screenshot that are in light look unbelievable. The parts in darkness just look muddy.
You mean the depth of field?

Chill, thanks for the link. I was surprised only see Mass Effect for about 15 seconds in Microsoft's conference, the game looks like it's going to be great. Can't wait for IGN or GameSpot to upload some videos if they got footage of it.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Oh I see. Yeah I see now. The reflection on his helmet only makes things better, and it looks like his chest plates have been improved? It looks different.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
XZero BeatX said:
Oh I see. Yeah I see now. The reflection on his helmet only makes things better, and it looks like his chest plates have been improved? It looks different.
If you look at the armor compared to the MJOLNIR VI armor worn in Halo 2, you see quite a few differences. Look at the legs/feet and hands/arms especially.

Now, you don't see the knees down in the Halo 3 picture, but it's just like the gloves. In Halo 2, he has 5 "dots" on his hands. In Halo 3, he has 3. What I really like about the armor in Halo 3 though is how you can tell apart all the different parts of it. You can tell apart the rubbery under-armor from the actual armor itself. It really looks great.

Anyone interested in the 360 on here (hah!) should look up Mass Effect by Bioware. It looks **** awesome.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Bioware always comes through. Yeah I noticed he looked different. He seems to have been enhanced with more chest plates like I said earlier.

Anyone interested in the 360 on here (hah!)
NO U. I am. *Opens a new tab on Mozilla*.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
This one has more characters, beautiful and very descriptive graphics. Enhanced gameplay. Think of it like this.

SSBM>SSB64.
DOA4>rest of DOA series.

By the way dude playing a Spartan against Ryu has always been my dream. I still can't believe my friend thinks that if Ryu fought the MasterChief, Ryu would win. He needs to "LURK MOAR" Halo information regarding the MasterChief's(And the rest of the Spartans) enhanced abilities, both physical and mental. Now we all know that the Spartan in DOA4 is a chick, but so what? She could probably kick anyone's ***. :)

FANBOY TALK!! OH SHI-

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
DOA4 is said to be the best of the series. Graphics-wise, there's not that big of a jump, but the animations are silky-smooth, the counter system has been redone (watch out, computers counter a TON), there's a bitch of a last boss (in Time Attack mode, atleast), the online play is fun, etc. Speaking of DOA, it's nice to see Itagaki expanding DOA Xtreme 2 past Volleyball to Jet Skiiing (He says he's a major fan of Wave Race 64) and such, but I still wouldn't be able to play the game and not feel like a total perv.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
DOA4 also is the first game in the series to have Octopi playing the part as poeples hair.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Cashed said:
DOA4 is said to be the best of the series. Graphics-wise, there's not that big of a jump, but the animations are silky-smooth, the counter system has been redone (watch out, computers counter a TON), there's a bitch of a last boss (in Time Attack mode, atleast), the online play is fun, etc. Speaking of DOA, it's nice to see Itagaki expanding DOA Xtreme 2 past Volleyball to Jet Skiiing (He says he's a major fan of Wave Race 64) and such, but I still wouldn't be able to play the game and not feel like a total perv.
Dude despite all the hot chicks in bikinis and thongs, the gameplay was awesome! I got addicted to it, the very hard mode is hard but fun as the same time.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Microsoft's looking at making larger hard drives due to the popularity of Live downloads. They've also said they're going to stop with backwards compatability.

Moore said, "Nobody is concerned anymore about backwards compatibility. We under promised and over delivered on that. It's a very complicated thing... very complex work. I'm just stunned that we have hundreds of games that are backwards compatible".

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Moore said that on Tuesday or so. Yesterday Microsoft said:

We recognize that backward compatibility is important to gamers, and you can rest assured we're not done yet.

In fact, the team is currently in the testing phase of another update, which we anticipate will be released in the next few weeks. This is likely to be around a dozen titles that will join the list of well over 200 titles that are currently backward compatible today.

The Xbox Live Vision camera will be released Sept. 19th in the US for $40, with 3 months of Live, a headset and Uno (for Xbox Live Arcade). Good deal!

Zink

Smash Champion
So I guess, no more playing naked.
Why should they mess around with backwards compatibility so much? Is it that hard to make an Xbox game playable on 360? Notice how Wii doesn't need any special tailoring of the games... ;)

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
supersmashboy said:
You need to remember one very important thing. Microsoft isn't Nintendo. >_>
That's why they're Microsoft. They all have their good and bad points.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Zink said:
So I guess, no more playing naked.
Why should they mess around with backwards compatibility so much? Is it that hard to make an Xbox game playable on 360? Notice how Wii doesn't need any special tailoring of the games... ;)
It's hard because:
1) The Xbox and Xbox 360 have completely different types of graphics cards. The Xbox has a NVIDIA card, while the 360 uses an ATI card.
2) The games are running on emulation software, which takes forever to code correctly so everything works.

The Wii doesn't need any "special tailoring" for the games because there's a GameCube inside of the Wii. There isn't an Xbox inside of the Xbox 360.

Zink

Smash Champion
Ah, I was underestimating the differences Xbox -> 360.
How much back-compatibilty did they initially promise? I think I'd be annoyed if I had a game not many people had that I liked a lot, but couldn't play on 360 until an update months away, if ever.
So, is it a matter of changing the game, in which case you have to buy a new copy, or changing the software, where you just have to download an update?
Want to bet? And expect to see peoples wang as their gamer pic.
Now that I think of it, that's probably going to become common. Eww. Remind me again not to get a 360.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Changing the emulation software. While changing it they have to keep all the games that are already running on it running properly while adding news ones. It's difficult. I believe after the first backwards compatibility update one of the Mortal Kombat games was taken off of the list so they could get some other games to work.

It's already been said if you use something vulgar as your gamerpic you'll face consequences. With how strict Xbox Live is, that probably means you'll be banned. Video chat on the other hand, that will likely be "whatever goes" because you have to accept the video chat invite, you can't just be thrown into one.

supersmashboy

Smash Lord
The important thing is that they're trying to get the backwards compatibility to be better...there's several Xbox games that I've wanted to replay but I can't because my Xbox broke and the 360 doesn't support them yet.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Anyone who owns a 360 should give Rockstar Presents Table Tennis a try. Very simplistic. Very addictive. Very pretty. I picked the game up yesterday and must say I'm having a ton of fun with it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm thinking the 360 will be like the PS2 was this gen, it'll be the system that a lot of people own. Even without a strong hold in Japan, I believe it'll come out on top, the Wii will come in second because of the great gameplay it looks to offer, and will likely be the party system that a lot of people end up owning. I really have no confidence in the PS3, especially after its E3 showing, but there will be the people who thought the PS2 was the best system last gen who just buy it because of the Playstation name, disregarding the price. The 360 will have a huge selection of games for everyone, much like the PS2 had last gen, including the three biggest franchises, Madden, GTA and Halo. The 360 will more than likely have the best online again, too, giving it even more footing.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Wii Sports looks great, it's the game that sold me on the Wii. Picking it up with my Wii on launch day.

That'll probably be the best game to play with 3 friends.

Zink

Smash Champion
I worry slightly about room. Imagine 4 people playing tennis in a small space. Oh well, I'm sure it won't be too big of a problem. Let's see- Golf looks OK, I want to see an actual game out of Baseball, not a home run derby (maybe the Baseball game is intended more to be practice with using the wiimote?), and the Aiplane looks OK, although it might get boring after a while. I would love to get Tennis, as I actually play but not often due to weather and lack of other players. I imagine a 1P mode where real tennis players could actually practice. No more rental fees for indoor practice in winter!

F8X

Smash Ace
I felt as though I should scream to the world that I just got a 360 Today with GeOW and Rainbow 6... Its awesome. Period end of Story. On my HDTV it brings tears to my eyes. And I just love the inter-connectivity with my computer(media center) and my Zune.

I'm registering on Live tomorrow.

(super bump?)

Zink

Smash Champion
Yeah, although this topic shound't have been dead lol.
According to Nexgenwars, MS missed their 10,000,000 goal for 2006 by a bit. Anyone have a reaction? I personally thought they'd make it, especially with the Wii and to a greater extent PS3 having supply problems.

Top Bottom