• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xiivi Loves America Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Now, I was just going back over the answers to the "who would you kill over the next 4 days" question and I noticed something interesting.

Really, I don't know who I'd lynch. This Vyse vs Sieg war is confusing me greatly, and I'm still not sure who to trust out of the two, though I'm leaning towards Vyse, since Sieg has been pretty unhelpful towards town in some of his posts (rolecalling early, refusing to reveal information at points), though he has been quite helpful now. I'm still looking at Arrow for today, though I'm willing to move to someone else if we get a new target. So, I'd probably go for (at this point in time) Arrow today, Sieg tomorrow. Its too hard to project for days 3 and 4, though, since night kills, Arrow and Sieg's roles, etc. are too much information to try and project.
This is Pete's first reply to the question. Very non committal at points. He also mentions that he'll gladly switch votes to anyone the group thinks should be killed. Notice he also prefers Vyse to Sieg, while this could be a pretty innocence gesture, it could just be a scum member tried to buddy up to the player they see as the most experienced. Another thing to note is that Pete only listed 'easy' targets unlike Moose.

Now for Pete's next post.
Oh, well, in that case, I'd probably go

Day 1: Arrow
Day 2: Sieg
Day 3: (if Sieg is town) Vyse

Other than that, still no idea, really.
After being asked to pretend there wasn't night kills, he still only lists an easy target based on Sieg's flip. Why did he list Vyse after being told to ignore night kills? Shouldn't he have listed it the first time if he thought of it?

Now, let's have a look at Lord Bowser's post
My vote on Sieg was mainly based on him not being helpful for town but he's started to contribute more and while hes not free of my suspicion I don't think he deserves my vote at this point in time.

Summoner today I'm most inclined to go with Arrow atm, he hasn't really said anything to help his situation and his logic has been pretty backwards which could indicate a slip as scum trying to save himself or simply just bad reasoning, nonetheless hes my main suspect atm.

After day 1 things get difficult as the next lynches would probably be based off if Arrow flipped town or not, pretending that isnt a factor though I'd have to say perhaps Unreon, he he hasn't posted much and could be because he doesn't want to attract to much attention to himself, Moose and Sieg are good options but Moose always plays like he knows everyones roles exactly and Sieg has been alot more active this game compared to last where he was mafia, though Sieg's hounding on Vyse draws suspicion.

Day 3 I'd say Sieg for reasons listed above

Day 4 If Sieg flipped town Vyse would be high on the list but perhaps someone like Vlade or even you, Vlade hasn't posted much and seems to be playing conservatively though he did that last game too where he was town. You would also be on my list assuming you kept leading town and we kept lynching townies, same goes for Vyse. Overall I really couldn't make a day 4 decision without knowledge of the actions of peple over the previous days but above are the people who would be in the running.
I'm going to try to summarise it inb4 I get **** from Bowser from saying something he didn't mean.
Day 1: Arrow
Day 2: Unreon (inactivity), Moose and Sieg(hounding of Vyse) are possibilities too
Day 3: Sieg
Day 4: Vyse is Sieg is town, otherwise Vlade, myself or Vyse
Now, I believe that Lord Bowser and Pete's ideas are essentially the same but Lord Bowser has mixed in some other names such as Moose and Unreon BUT he basically writes Moose off and Unreon is only there for inactivity.

Another thing to note, both are currently voting Arrow but earlier in the day, one of them was on the Sieg wagon and anotehr was on the arrow wagon.

Again, this could all be nothing, but I thought it was interesting :]

undead_moose

Smash Lord
IMO makin essays analyzing every post I Sus to me but only when it's done every post like anthonys

writing a big essay every time give someone who a chance to see what they are doing and hence they will change how they will play. I understand it's how people play but it's annoying to watch some one who is suss change all because someone decided to look at one or two posts under a magnifying glass.

Please only write a essay when you have something not when say he said one thing that has a small contridiction that way if said person has 5 contridictions its harder for them to change their story.

end rant

Vlade

Social Outcast
You have a good point Moose, but it is those reactions which we like to see :)

So when they just change after a massive essay by Vyse or Summoner it is clear that they're mafia

undead_moose

Smash Lord
They dont change

Like say the contridiction was their views on voting

A essay by anthony or summoner only uses the one contridiction

Easily leading to a "Oh what i ment was ...."

And that small contridiction gets slipped under the rug and we would be unable to make certain that it was scum slip or just a honest mistake

Because if they wait for 3 or more contradictions on the same subject

They would have a pretty hard time explaining themselves instead of the godsends that anthony and summoner send them making mafia a lot easier to hide their slips

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm most torn between Lord Bowser, Pete and Arrow. I keep picking one of them, then going back and reading something that will change my mind.

I want to lynch Lord Bowser. I'm sorry Trav, but I think town will learn a lot from this lynch, and after looking at the last vote count, and reviewing your post history, I think voting for you is the correct thing to do.

Vote: Lord Bowser

Lynch list:
1: Lord Bowser
2: Arrow
3: Pete
4: Summoner

Summoner, I have this terrible feeling that you're Mafia and we're being taken for a ride by you. So you round out my four person lynch pool. The thing with your play is that you play like I think you would play as Mafia given a new slate to work with after Rocky - But that is just me metagaming so take it for what it's worth.

You've also only really said Vyse was suspicious on your own and that was after Vyse random voted you. You've placed your votes in the middle of a bandwagon but you never seem to want to draw attention by putting votes on when people are at L-2 or so.

Is there any particular reason why you're doing this?

Vote: Lord Bowser
Can you elaborate on why exactly you think Lord Bowser is using the RvS to prove I'm suspicious? As far as I remember, he said he acknowledged my random vote as just that.

@Arrow: Do not self-vote. Ever. Self-voting means one less person has to commit to the bandwagon equating to less information equating to you being scum. I can't tell if that was a gambit or not to try and prove to people that you are town, but I really don't think self-voting is beneficial for town in most situations anyway.

Lord Bowser: Please tell me why you shouldn't be lynched today.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Moose: Long or short, the contradictions being pointed out will be rejected one way or another by whomever it is. It's more about credibility and clairvoyancy with the town.

I do see your point, but this is just how scum hunting works in forum mafia.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
My point is its fine to do it when you have alot more evidence

Not as soon as you see it

Pointing it out as soon as you see it can be bad because they can easily correct themselves

My point is to let it slide and let them do it again. Making it much harder to easily correct themselves

I understand how forum mafia is played but Analyzing every single post as soon as its made is not getting us anywhere thus far

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's entrenching everyone further and further in. The more ties you have to people by pointing out scummy play/slips the more Mafia has a good reason to kill you, and this is what you should want.

I won't elaborate further because I already did in my Rocky Mafia writeup and I don't want to coach Mafia lol.

This kind of play is necessary on day 1 since we have no solid proof, and most of it is easy to brush off. It becomes much harder day 2 and onwards, and that's when it'll slow down.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Can you elaborate on why exactly you think Lord Bowser is using the RvS to prove I'm suspicious? As far as I remember, he said he acknowledged my random vote as just that.
Summoner I'm unsure at the moment, Vyse has done a good job of getting things rolling and putting pressure on people so I'm inclined to see how things roll out otm.

FoS:Vyse
I know Vyse is a good player at mafia and he may be using that to his advantage, I mean if mafia leads the town it's gg the alternative to that is if he was lynched and town we'd lose a great asset.
This is basically the only idea Bowser has put forth that wasn't already put out by another person and you could even argue that he was just trying to get you lynched on the back of my posts. He's also saying that he doesn't want to vote you because of your potential to help town. I don't like that reason. He seems to just be avoiding putting himself in any sort of spotlight.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i dont think summoner is mafia. i have a reason but its not substansial to say, kinda like gut feeling. just saying this so more info.

lord bowsyer huh: i see vyses reason. i agree, however is it really enough. but since i have had previous suscpision on lord bowsyer, i suspose i could change my vote, however flameboyant and directing the bandwagon heat on me.

@vyse: but why not pete, hes on the list 2.

list of people i think is town: vyse, me, sieg, summoner, moose.
list of sus: pete, vlade
list of ?: unreon, bowsyer (leaning maf)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
list of awesome people: people who have posted today
list of **** people: all others

Pete278

Smash Lord
Sorry about the inactivity, as Vlade said, I was at both days of WAICON, and didn't have time to post.

As far as my non-commitalness (no idea what the word should be there) goes, I'm still rusty, having not played mafia in quite some time after leaving the forums I used to play on, and I don't want to risky picking up on something I think is suspicious that isn't actually anything. Day 2 onwards, I'll be way more proactive, but when all we have to go on is reading people in this jumbled argument, I'd rather go with the more safe option, rather than gut feelings, and to me, that's still Arrow. I'm not voting for myself, since I know I'm town, and LB doesn't seem suspicious enough to me (yet), but if he changes, or anyone else becomes more suspicious to me than Arrow, of course I'll change. That's what I meant be willingness to change my vote. I hope this explains my position so far in the game to you all.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
And that small contridiction gets slipped under the rug and we would be unable to make certain that it was scum slip or just a honest mistake
Only if you forget it ;]

Vlade

Social Outcast
This is the most inactive we've been for the whole game I believe

I've actually overlooked Lord Bowser's posts but after summoner pointed it out I can definitely see the similarites with Pete's actions today. Yeah I'm leeching off of Summoner's logic now but he does raise some great points.

FoS: Lord Bowser

To me he just doesn't seem to be playing proactively in this game but rather taking a reactive approach, much like Pete

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
i dont think summoner is mafia. i have a reason but its not substansial to say, kinda like gut feeling. just saying this so more info.

lord bowsyer huh: i see vyses reason. i agree, however is it really enough. but since i have had previous suscpision on lord bowsyer, i suspose i could change my vote, however flameboyant and directing the bandwagon heat on me.
You just have to man up and cop it. I'm heading into day 2 knowing full well that the town is going to grill me too if we mislynch. I've linked myself to everyone in this game, so people will say 'at X point in the game, you did Y, therefore I am voting you'.

@vyse: but why not pete, hes on the list 2.

list of people i think is town: vyse, me, sieg, summoner, moose.
list of sus: pete, vlade
list of ?: unreon, bowsyer (leaning maf)
Because of the last vote count.

Sorry about the inactivity, as Vlade said, I was at both days of WAICON, and didn't have time to post.

As far as my non-commitalness (no idea what the word should be there) goes, I'm still rusty, having not played mafia in quite some time after leaving the forums I used to play on, and I don't want to risky picking up on something I think is suspicious that isn't actually anything. Day 2 onwards, I'll be way more proactive, but when all we have to go on is reading people in this jumbled argument, I'd rather go with the more safe option, rather than gut feelings, and to me, that's still Arrow. I'm not voting for myself, since I know I'm town, and LB doesn't seem suspicious enough to me (yet), but if he changes, or anyone else becomes more suspicious to me than Arrow, of course I'll change. That's what I meant be willingness to change my vote. I hope this explains my position so far in the game to you all.
Elaborate. Why Arrow over Lord Bowser.
What is inherently scummier about Arrow?

This is the most inactive we've been for the whole game I believe

I've actually overlooked Lord Bowser's posts but after summoner pointed it out I can definitely see the similarites with Pete's actions today. Yeah I'm leeching off of Summoner's logic now but he does raise some great points.

FoS: Lord Bowser

To me he just doesn't seem to be playing proactively in this game but rather taking a reactive approach, much like Pete
Time for FoS's is over. Vote or don't. It makes you look suss.
If you don't want to vote LB, who are you voting?
I don't want to see this day end without you placing a vote on someone.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
if people want me to turn it off for whatever reason, I don't mind doing it. You'll just see me viewing the mafia thread 34344565 times a day.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Funny thing that I turned it off last game when I found out I was mafia Vlade :]

Pete278

Smash Lord
The whole 'random lynch' thing Arrow suggested just really set me off, where as Lord Bowser hasn't done much that isn't also inherent with being new to the game, hence why I think Arrow at the moment.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
dude vyse explained it, ive had my suspicions aswell. it was no where near random.
if you read posts u would know.

just cause you are new doesn't make you less mafia.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Feel free to slap me in the face if I misinterpreted what you said though Pete.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Kinda, I just don't have the time to write what I really mean at the moment. I hate it when real life interferes with my games. :(

Basically, what I mean is, he wasn't really too proactive last game, either, nor was he too active, though I suppose that could be attributed to him not really investigating anyone of value and not wanting a target on his head. Depending on how he reacts to it, I may change my vote to him, but I'm still undecided at the moment.

Top Bottom