• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Airborne

Smash Lord
Yes, but I want to see how much of his body is actually invincible during the move. The nose is a given, but how far down his body does the invincibility extend?

:069:
I think it's just down to his neck; However, I believe that when Yoshi's head moves from behind him to in front of him during fsmash, the invincibility frames cover his entire body for a brief moment, making him invincible (lolredundancy), and thus passing through random sh*t like fireballs. XD

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I have downsmashed and had a falco laser go through Yoshi's neck before...
That might not be due to invincibility frames.
After seeing what MK and Fox's hitbox look like it seem possible that small attacks can glide right threw them. The hitbox of characters are just little bubbles. :>

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Kay so.. watching this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmVMOij6HdM
And trying it out it got me use to DR but still didn't understand how to do it. A few minutes of trying and I noticed something.
Like Egglay. if you press Y(Jump) and B(Special) at the same time it shows he DJ'ed (Spirals) but you go down and use Egg lay. For DR it's like that but have to Press three buttons faster then DJC since you can do it anytime and still reverse the Egg lay.
Yosh put up a video of this a while ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si1-YKU0Yuw

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well I already used DJ Egg lay, Not sure what Wad is thinking i'm using it as an example of how DR works.
Before I couldn't DR I used DJ Egg lay as a replacement till I learned how to DR.
inb4omfgDRislieksoeazy

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Yeah... that video is hella old. That was literally a week or two after I got back from Genesis IIRC, and I was messing around a lot more in training mode and just stumbled upon it. I honestly don't get on here and look at everything Yoshi has. Every technique I do and every combo I do I've figured out myself, so when I find something that I didn't know I could do before, I just mess around with it and share it in case it hasn't been known. I did find something new (at least new to me) a couple days ago though. I'll post it whenever I get back from Hobo.

Sharky

Smash Master
Yeah... that video is hella old. That was literally a week or two after I got back from Genesis IIRC, and I was messing around a lot more in training mode and just stumbled upon it. I honestly don't get on here and look at everything Yoshi has. Every technique I do and every combo I do I've figured out myself, so when I find something that I didn't know I could do before, I just mess around with it and share it in case it hasn't been known. I did find something new (at least new to me) a couple days ago though. I'll post it whenever I get back from Hobo.
lol yeah you did post it an awful while back and I remember watching it when you did haha. I can't wait to see what you've come up with now =D

btw before I end up namesearch summoning the tech-man does anyone know what the exact sequence of directional inputs to use is to djc egglay backwards facing forwards, other than just trusting the control stick to flick back and forth the right way?

Depster

Smash Champion
jump>tap away>DJ>tap towards>B

If you b then tap towards, you just wavebounce and go right back where you were.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
inb4SusaandtheCounterPickSystem.
And why do you say that?

Anyways, you guys and the Snake boards are the only ones I'm personally taking care of for the pummel frame data stuff. You guys just lucked out that you had the data tbh. :laugh:

Unless the SL picks up the project, you guys can consider yourself speshul.

I won't post my generic ending to my posts just this once, due to what I'm quoting.
:093:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
We are special. Cause we have a terrible sheild and only two OoS options. So we must depend on Yoshi being the only one with a wavedash (DR) and Eggs. yum...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
And why do you say that?

Anyways, you guys and the Snake boards are the only ones I'm personally taking care of for the pummel frame data stuff. You guys just lucked out that you had the data tbh. :laugh:

Unless the SL picks up the project, you guys can consider yourself speshul.

I won't post my generic ending to my posts just this once, due to what I'm quoting.
:093:
I just thought you'd be posting it everywhere is all. :bee:

We r speshul!

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
lol yeah you did post it an awful while back and I remember watching it when you did haha. I can't wait to see what you've come up with now =D

btw before I end up namesearch summoning the tech-man does anyone know what the exact sequence of directional inputs to use is to djc egglay backwards facing forwards, other than just trusting the control stick to flick back and forth the right way?
Jump Backwards (still facing initial direction) > Doublejump turn around > tap back > egglay

hadesblade

Smash Lord
What do you mean by that? Do you simply mean hit them and explode, or do the barrels do something different than normal if you hit them? It makes sense to me that eggs can hit them. They seem like they'd have a hurtbox.
If you hit the barrels with an egg they fly off diddy and he can't up b again for several seconds.

D

Deleted member

Oooooo **** yosh outplaced polt, where you at fl, outplaced by effing arkansas

D

Deleted member

I agree that esam, nickriddle, redhalberd, seibrik, gdx, mampam, co18, shaky, chaz, and even dtorr would be dissapointed.

D

Deleted member

Cool Story Bro
More then 50% of SA got last. And they were MK/Snake/Wario/Marth/King D3 while I was Yoshi. I smell a huge difference here.
I smell a last place, and then johning that its not bad because over 50% of your city is garbz

Edit: Just fyi im trolling >.> you coulda just had a hard bracket or something, and idc where people place unless its polt or delta or scatz

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I smell a last place, and then johning that its not bad because over 50% of your city is garbz
Yes me and others from SA got last place, but we're not garbage. Also even GOOD people got bad placings (Most not from SA) like Broly (33rd) UTD Zac (9th) Polt got 17th. Garbage or not some of us did well/bad.
If it makes you feel better, I lost to Yosh. His friend told me that he plays against a marth every single day and knew the MU perfectly. It showed too. It made me realize how much potential Yoshi has.

OoC tournies do this to people. Most of SA didn't do so well at this HOBO. It happens. We're not a garbage city, though, Houston is just that good. Look at how Trela and Jerm almost beat the best marth, and there not even top 2 players there.
I scrubbed out as well, but it happens.
EDIT: Also no bracket yet.

Top Bottom