• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YGD - As the snow melts, the mighty Dinosaur rises once more!

Best Yoshi Attack

• Total voters

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Hence his sig :bee:
Wonder how many of us have something in our usernames that actually relates to us :p

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I wish I could have an English essay like that. xD
But I will agree title needs changing. :p

Also I know I've only been here for a very short time but tomorrow's my birthday, turning 15! XD
/probably youngest smasher to this time

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Thanks, and in case some of you guys haven't seen my introduction, Here it is!

...Well, to go into more detail about myself, I'm a Chinese & Cambodian teen who lives with a family of 2 parents and 3 siblings, with me being the youngest. I'm a pretty smart person, though not so active physically (I'm just BARELY 100 pounds; totally underweight :p). I enjoy Math, Art, Science, and Computers in school, but I completely despise History. Gym, English are ok, though over half the time it gets on my nerves. XD
I am a total Nintendo nerd; Mario & Earthbound are my favorite series, though I also like Kirby, Pokemon, and of course, Smash.
Brawl is my favorite of the series; played the game since it came out, though only got into competitive Smash in June 2012. I remember my 1st tourney... such a great time. I've only gone to 1 other tourney in October 2012, but my area doesn't have the best Smash scene and my family worries about me since I'm so young, so uh yeah lol

More about Brawl though, I used to have 11 mains. Not kidding. I used Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Kirby, Pokemon Trainer (though I fail with Charizard lol), Toon Link, Olimar, ICs, Lucas, and finally Ness. However, now my true main is Ness, with Toon Link and Kirby as my actual secondaries. I use Luigi, Peach, and Pokemon Trainer from time to time, but the others I practically dropped.
Any Yoshi mains I knew before coming into this thread? Z'z Gashi, I played MKWii with him a LOT and we turned out to be pretty good friends.
Then I met Tarex at my 1st tourney, and my god, those eggs and grabs got me so lost. XD

I think that's a detailed enough description about me, haha. Again, hope to know all you Yoshis better! :bee:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hence his sig :bee:
Wonder how many of us have something in our usernames that actually relates to us :p
Mine comes from Starcraft: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zergling#History

So about that title..

:phone:
^

SUCK IT UP ALREADY

LlKE HOLY ****

rage~

:005:
NO U

Thanks, and in case some of you guys haven't seen my introduction, Here it is!

...Well, to go into more detail about myself, I'm a Chinese & Cambodian teen who lives with a family of 2 parents and 3 siblings, with me being the youngest. I'm a pretty smart person, though not so active physically (I'm just BARELY 100 pounds; totally underweight :p). I enjoy Math, Art, Science, and Computers in school, but I completely despise History. Gym, English are ok, though over half the time it gets on my nerves. XD
I am a total Nintendo nerd; Mario & Earthbound are my favorite series, though I also like Kirby, Pokemon, and of course, Smash.
Brawl is my favorite of the series; played the game since it came out, though only got into competitive Smash in June 2012. I remember my 1st tourney... such a great time. I've only gone to 1 other tourney in October 2012, but my area doesn't have the best Smash scene and my family worries about me since I'm so young, so uh yeah lol

More about Brawl though, I used to have 11 mains. Not kidding. I used Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Kirby, Pokemon Trainer (though I fail with Charizard lol), Toon Link, Olimar, ICs, Lucas, and finally Ness. However, now my true main is Ness, with Toon Link and Kirby as my actual secondaries. I use Luigi, Peach, and Pokemon Trainer from time to time, but the others I practically dropped.
Any Yoshi mains I knew before coming into this thread? Z'z Gashi, I played MKWii with him a LOT and we turned out to be pretty good friends.
Then I met Tarex at my 1st tourney, and my god, those eggs and grabs got me so lost. XD

I think that's a detailed enough description about me, haha. Again, hope to know all you Yoshis better! :bee:
Sup Timmy, and welcome to our humble island~

And happy birthday dude, I still love how your birthday is the EXACT same as my brothers, year and all. :D

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Yeah I remember some people underestimating me at my 1st tourney and they were like "lol Ness? so free" and I actually turned out to be a tougher opponent to them than they expected. xD
Also, I remember I got a hype moment when I won a match with a PK Flash kill. XD

Goes to show you anyone can be surprising.

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
Wow! Things have picked up here:D Happy to see that! Have a blessed brithday Timmy! May you have all your dreams come true bro. Might as well... Why does Raptor want the title to be changed? Like the real facts. I remember when I made peace here. Raptor gives the (the sign) ^ Change the title. Is it involving me? I hope not... I like the title:D What's wrong with it?

Edit: Tarnex is the best Yoshi in Canada. My boy<3 Did you win Timmy?

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
No, it was only my 2nd tourney and I went all Ness that time around. I got 25th out of 41, so eh.
I kind of wish I won my 1st set, then I would've had to go against Ally... I know he would've destroyed me badly, but I would've loved to play him. XD
And IIRC Tarex placed 9th in that tourney, but I really wish there was more time for friendlies.
I only got like 15 mins of 2vs2 friendlies with Guard, and his Fox is amazing. We were working so well together; I got so many F-Tilt kills at the end of each match and we were like "Ness F-Tilt kills that badly?!" XD
And in another match, I actually saved him with my windbox of the PSI Magnet; because of that he lived to 256% LMAO

That was like one of the best nights ever. I want to go to another one and play some more... ;__;

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
I'm gald you had had fun:D Tarnex is a good friend of mine. Love playing his Yoshi<3 Ally would just power shield everything you throw at him, and he would grab release to Ftilt... Oh... Ness... Haha xD Ftilt kills. I remember me and Cray were playing some people on Aib. I was Ike he was Ness. His partner lost all stocks, and we have Two stocks to spare. We were going for a zero to death. So I did a dthrow Cray used Nesses Psi magnet and it put him in that animation where you can jab lock, but Ike can't jab lock xD But he can't jab;) He also at like hundred percent over. Then I did a jab to grab because Ikes first jab is invincible. Then after the grab, I did a up throw Cray used Nesses double jump, and I did a utilt, he footstooled for two time then he did a psi magnet, because he wanted to push him foward to me. After that I knew he would roll, because he thinks I'm going to go for a pivot grab. So I do a Fsmash and Cray does another psi magnet xD then he disconnects us, and we exit freeplay and laugh our butts of xD

Was Tarnex nice to you? Same for Sword?

Edit: The Tiltle is clever! I like how Raptor is hiding^ Hehe

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Tarex is a pretty cool guy, I was hoping to play him at my 2nd tourney, but unfortunately that didn't happen. But at my 1st tourney, I wanted to talk to him but I was all shy. Then I had to play him in my pool, and my god, I was so focused on shield his Eggs I totally forgot he could Grab/Egg Lay me. XD

Swordgard I didn't really talk with at all, but at my 1st tourney I did team with him in 2vs2 friendlies. They were impressed. XP

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
Oh that awesome:D xD Why were you sacred to talk to Tarenx? As long as you impressed them:) Then you'll be the next big ness in Canada:) I'm pretty sure you will. You're young, and your focus is games, you also know Nesses techniques as well. Right? Then all you need to know is the matchups, and how to sperate yourself from getting grabbed. I always see Nesses "even FOW." He doesn't smash up so... Players can get so damage of that single grab. Well, I'm happy you had fun:) take care of yourself Timmy, and be blessed bro.

Yarn Yoshi= Yarnasaurus Rex! It's genius:D

Edit: I like how everyone is fighting over a title xD Freedom of speech Yoshis. Freedom of speech

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
@GYK I've always been a shy person, and it was my 1st tourney, so my mind just went blank lol
Also I can't say I will be the next big Ness in Canada; Red X and Pidge are way ahead of me. But I'm still determined to reach that goal~
I really need MU experience though... ;__;
So excited for the next tourney as well... I'm hoping it'll be soon. xD

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
Red X? Red's a Ike main. Isn't he? Did he change characters again? You shouldn't be shy bro. God made us all the same and their is nothing to be sacred of. Just go talk to him. Want me to talk to Tarenx? I could if you want. It's no trouble at all:) Well I'm pretty sure you will be. You're young, and you're talented:D Yup, you're the next big thing! You will be the best. Why? Because you show determination! Okay, this is something I've always seen others have stress with. "Matchups!" You see, their are different players that have the same character expereince, but lack tech skill. If you were to train with Salem, and then you go play Nick. You won't know what to, because Salems style is reckless, but works for "him." Nick would be "so" patient and he is... I've seen how patient he gets. It's just all about how you can master the "fundamentals." Once you know how to operate your characters movement and recovery. Then that's when you start adding flashiness. Though I can say people still don't need flash. "Deltacod" is the perfect example. He's always been top with Yoshi, and it's because he knows how to get out've trouble. "He's mastered his character to fullest." Though he can still work on other things. Like find ways on how to get more damage of some sort, but mostly he's "mastered" his characters "foundation." What you need to do is find someone that knows his characters skills, and practice with him as much as you can. Don't just play anyone. They won't play the patient way, but the reckless way, and you'll suffer for that. Like people that you know have "mastered their characters fundamentals. People in Canada of course. If you friendly Ally, and win him with a decent lead. You'll over come any other Snake. Why? Because like I said. "He's mastered his characters fundamentals. I hope this gives on what to find in other Canadian players. Take care of yourself Timmy. Be blessed all.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There are two people with the name Red X actually; one is an Ike main, one is a Ness main.

Top Bottom