• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

York University Smash - No longer on strike, due to werewolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I just got back from tonight's Smashfest, it was really great. There were only 4 of us, not bad, but could have been a better turn out. If you've never played David or Kyle (Kirbykaze and Idea, respectively), I don't think you understand how good they are; David puts so much analytical and tactical thought into the game, while Kyle has the sickest spacing I've ever encountered. When I play, I sort of fly by the seat of my pants, but I guess that's where we differ and it shows. My friend put up a better fight.

I hope you guys will keep coming, I realize that we're not that great, but it was still fun.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I go to MDK's on Wednesdays for Brawl, but I would probably come to these things on Tuesday. I will probably be the biggest garbage there but you know, getting owned by the best always just makes you better so I guess I'll just keep getting owned by Kaze's Sheik, lol. And Osman, do you use ICs?

idea

Smash Master
I just got back from tonight's Smashfest, it was really great. There were only 4 of us, not bad, but could have been a better turn out. If you've never played David or Kyle (Kirbykaze and Idea, respectively), I don't think you understand how good they are; David puts so much analytical and tactical thought into the game, while Kyle has the sickest spacing I've ever encountered. When I play, I sort of fly by the seat of my pants, but I guess that's where we differ and it shows. My friend put up a better fight.

I hope you guys will keep coming, I realize that we're not that great, but it was still fun.
you were both pretty good actually =) thanks, it was lots of fun, and i plan to keep coming to these too. just wait till we get bernard and ryan to come...those are the two fox players i told you about. ryan is just really smart and overall good, and bernard is easily the most technical player i've met, and still more so than most of the people you see on youtube. i still gotta figure how i rested david out of MY roll though O_O that was crazy.

for anyone who didn't come yet: tuesdays and wednesdays at founders college at york university, and it was definitely more than 4 people, those 4 were just the melee ones =P

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Osman plays IC.

Osman's friend (Paul iirc) plays Falcon and Sheik.
I used to play ICs, I just can't bring myself to do so anymore :laugh:. I took your advice and picked up Sheik, and I feel like it's a good decision; she's just as defensive and exploits mistakes as well as the Climbers do, but she has fewer trash match ups and can afford to be a little more offensive. Paul's coming over today so I can get some real practice.

I really hope to see some more people; if anyone can bring a small TV or something, we can all play in one room, but I can understand if that's difficult to truck over to York.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo Jack, we gotta meet up and play some brawl soon at York cause no Rae's on Wednesdays defintely means another way to play.

idea

Smash Master
alright...so wangster, raynex and unknown522 (lol, names with numbers in them look so weird), if any of you need directions there *starting on the ttc subway line* i can help. or anyone else here can, presumably.

idea

Smash Master
well, to get to york university, basically get to downsview station and take any of the 196 buses. from neilson and finch...it might be faster to take the finch west to finch station, and then something to york from there =P or maybe the steeles west goes all the way across? i guess talk to david, he knows more about buses up there for you and ryan. but all the buses go to one area in york, so if you don't wanna find founders college on your own, we should all meet near there. like in front of vari hall for example. it's a big cylinder.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
basically, bernie, get to finch station and take any bus that goes to york university to the university. i think the 60c and 60f go there but 60f is only during rush hour.

ryan's coming early 'cuz he gets off school early so i'm meeting him at like 4:30 and then we'll probably wander around doing nothing for an hour.

easiest place to find people is probably the entrance to vari hall or right outside vari hall tbh, 'cuz it's massive and big and very open. so it's easy to spot people.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I'll add the directions to the front page when I can, I'm in tutorial right now, so I probably shouldn't be lurking Smashboards. You guys don't have to wander around campus at 4:30 either, I'll be there at 4:30 as well, so let's just meet at the same place; we don't need to start at the same time as the Brawl room, so I imagine there's an empty classroom somewhere.

David, do you want to PM me your phone number so we can get in touch on Wednesday?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I have no cell phone >__>

I can PM you my home phone though if you want.

If we could get to the Founders College and setup at 4:30 I'd be up for that.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Gi, I'm up for playing on Tuesday and Wednesday. Not certain on Tuesday due to the fact that my day ends at like 11:30 and I don't think I'd be staying at school for 5+ hours not doing much.

idea

Smash Master
^so wait, is 4:30 referring to tomorrow (tuesday), or wednesday, or both? or what?

Jvan: take a nap somewhere. i always have the best naps at york for some reason.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I think we're talking about Wednesday, so I'm down for starting at 4:30 and ending a little earlier, I still have a ton of work on the back burner. It looks like we'll have 3, maybe 4 new people (at least new to Paul and I). We might not be able to play in the exact same room, but we'll find something in the same area.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'll be there for a bit, but not a long time - maybe for an hour or so. I'm gonna probably be playing Melee for the most part, but if you wanna play Brawl, I'm up for it.. look for the asian dude with the white t-shirt lmao

Anth0ny

Smash Master
So can people who don't go to York come to this? I'm still in high school lolz.

I might come today or tomorrow with a Wii+Brawl if possible. Not sure...

idea

Smash Master

sure! come by tomorrow, more people are coming from what i hear. more for melee at least. probably the same amount for brawl. york has a really nice campus too, so look around once you get here.

Osman

Smash Apprentice

For sure dude, everyone's welcome :). It's not like they're carding people, haha.

idea

Smash Master
k, i think i'm just gonna hang out in founders till i hear smash music =P i have stuff to read while i wait. someday soon i'm gonna try and get smash 64 working on my wii (homebrew channel). i've always wanted to play that game with GOOD controllers...the entire reason i don't like playing it is that n64 controllers pale in comparison to gamecube ones.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
k, i think i'm just gonna hang out in founders till i hear smash music =P i have stuff to read while i wait. someday soon i'm gonna try and get smash 64 working on my wii (homebrew channel). i've always wanted to play that game with GOOD controllers...the entire reason i don't like playing it is that n64 controllers pale in comparison to gamecube ones.
lol I played Smash 64 back in the day, and even though I have it on my Wii, I just can't get used to the cube controllers in that game. So N64 controllers ftw :p

Also, I couldn't end up making it today...and I have a huge math test on Thurs, so I can't go tomorrow night either.

But next week for sure. I'll bring Wii+Brawl. Also, I have no tripping on my Wii :)

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Haha, no johns!

And snap, you have that Gecko homebrew or whatever? I used to track its progress when it was in its developmental stages, it sounded too good to be true; didn't they also want to code in hit stun and l-canceling? It took them a couple of months to isolate tripping, so Melee 1.5 is still a way away.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
judging from the first post it seems that you don't need to be a york student to attend, i just want to confirm this....?
i may or may not come, but if anything i'll ask kyle about it if he goes

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I have a cube with me that i'm going to bring.

Kyle do you have a cell? I might need to call you when I get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom