• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi guide and discussion board

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
HD TVs are generally not good for playing games that require fast hand-eye coordination, which is like all video games. There may be some that offer no lag, and there are settings on some systems, like the xbox360, but usually there is still a little lag. I play Halo 3 on xbox live quite often, and am very used to the control and gameplay, and I normally play on an old tv (not HD). I then played on an HD tv with the "best" setting, and there was a very slight lag. Hindered my gameplay tenfold. I'd go to scope in on someone and when I follow them, it's obvious to me that there is a very slight delay. Since I'm used to playing with no lag, it was near impossible to get used to. Games like halo and ssb that require precision are usually affected quite a bit by HD TVs. Glad that my TVs at home are all not HD :)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i actually think most of them are 2 frames delay, which usually is not so bad, but for parrying it really hurts.
however, there are hdtvs that do not cause input lag.
I just made that number up to be honest but that's what it feels like for me. I think it depends a lot on the TV too.

HD TVs are generally not good for playing games that require fast hand-eye coordination, which is like all video games. There may be some that offer no lag, and there are settings on some systems, like the xbox360, but usually there is still a little lag. I play Halo 3 on xbox live quite often, and am very used to the control and gameplay, and I normally play on an old tv (not HD). I then played on an HD tv with the "best" setting, and there was a very slight lag. Hindered my gameplay tenfold. I'd go to scope in on someone and when I follow them, it's obvious to me that there is a very slight delay. Since I'm used to playing with no lag, it was near impossible to get used to. Games like halo and ssb that require precision are usually affected quite a bit by HD TVs. Glad that my TVs at home are all not HD :)
I think some HDTVs should be fine with Xbox360 games because the xbox can output directly into HD resolution. The biggest cause of lag for older games is that the n64 is outputting a lower resolution and the TV has to upscale it to an HD resolution. I'm sure it depends on the TV though.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, my Yoshi sucks
I'll admit it
I can DJC with Ness very easily
but for some reason I just cannot do it with Yoshi.
Any tips, helps?
General strategies for Yoshi?

Top Bottom