• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Interview Thread! Round 15 Voting is Here... Still!

Sharky

Smash Master
What is your single favorite move in yoshi's arsenal?

What are some of your favorite DR mixups?

how much time per day do you think you practiced DR when you were trying to really get it down?

Where would you rank the top players in and around your region on a national scale?

How would you rank GA trashtalk?

Soda, Pop, or Coke (I hear some people down south actually call it that o.O)

Where is Waldo?

Double_Edge

Smash Rookie
Sup grampz, this looks pretty kool ill ask a some questions.

When did you start competitive gaming and was brawl your first competitive game?

How do you go about getting better, what things should I work on when playing a match?

I hear you have some smooth moves with the ladies, is this true =p ?

Do you or did you play any sports. If how good are/were you?

Why did you choose the name “bigman40” if your hella scrawny, does this name signify something?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
What will happen first? Me go to a GA tourny or you go to a FL tourny? LOL

Considering you don't like the general campiness of Brawl, why do you pursue it instead of Melee?

What's your reasoning on why the Hawks choked so bad against the Magic in the playoffs?

Do you think anyone will nominate me for this interview thread?

What's the best place to eat at in GA?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL it is definitely "Coke" in ATL, people skip the brand and just call it that, ROOOOOOOFL

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Don't waste your vote on me.

I'm voting Jile until we finally interview that scumbag. >:D

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I mean, we know everything there is to know already.

Anyway, I just had to answer that one question because it really resonated with me, so I'm sorry for intruding on Biggie's interview.

I would ask him a question, but I'm still digesting some sodium from this past weekend, so I'll wait until later.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
How do you feel about Morton's Iodized Salt?

How do you feel about short people?

****** Tactics?

Who, in your opinion, are the top 3 Yoshi mains as of when you reply?

How good is the Delta combo?

Sharky Abortion Lock?

Polt Smash?

Egg da Egg da Egg?

bigman40

Smash Master
If you could do anything to any one person, what would you do and to who?
Uh.....Do I really need to answer this?
Where is Waldo?
Behind you.
Do you love your mom? Always have, and always will.
What is your single favorite move in yoshi's arsenal?
Jab
What are some of your favorite DR mixups?
Uh.....Kinda hard since I don't normally remember my mixups often. I just do it. Um....Idk what's really my fav, but I'd probably say just DR walk away to dash grab or something.
how much time per day do you think you practiced DR when you were trying to really get it down?
First time it came out, I put in a good couple of hours. Then I switched to GC and found the other way of doing it, and I only did like 5-10 mins every now and then. Now, I don't even practice repetition.
Where would you rank the top players in and around your region on a national scale?
Uh.....There's Reflex, Biglou, Kismet, Elev8 (reflex's brother) that are the higher ups from our region (not including FL since I don't keep up with them often). I feel that all of them are about close to the higher side of the national middle line.
How would you rank GA trashtalk?
Lol. We just about dat salt man. We either throw money down or don't talk about it (except for me. I'll trashtalk, but always say that I suck), but we're just really fun and cool to hang with. No one is really an outsider here.
Soda, Pop, or Coke (I hear some people down south actually call it that o.O)
Soda. Dunno any others that call it "coke." I've heard pop every now and then, but mainly from old people.
Sup grampz, this looks pretty kool ill ask a some questions.

When did you start competitive gaming and was brawl your first competitive game?
Brawl was not my first competitive game. I started competitive melee my first year of college, which was Aug 07.
How do you go about getting better, what things should I work on when playing a match?
Depends on what habits you have. When I started, I was about execution and being fluid with my movements. Now, I'm much more about the mental side of the game. You gotta be able to analyze yourself to know exactly how to get better.
I hear you have some smooth moves with the ladies, is this true =p ?
No. I just do me.
Do you or did you play any sports. If how good are/were you?
Played Football, Basketball, Flag Football, and golf. I was meh in football, but never stayed in it long. I was better in flag football cause I was older when I did it. Basketball I was decent, but I'd **** up and make some critical mistakes. Golf is my best area. I haven't been practicing lately, but I was good enough to be a starter on my high school team and a captain around my 3rd year. When I start golf again soon, I plan on taking it to the PGA (if I can).
Why did you choose the name “bigman40” if your hella scrawny, does this name signify something? Doesn't signify one bit. Just a name I took from one of my friends.
What will happen first? Me go to a GA tourny or you go to a FL tourny? LOL
Since I'm very slowly trying to get to OoS tourneys, I might beat you at this =P but you'll probably beat me lol.
Considering you don't like the general campiness of Brawl, why do you pursue it instead of Melee?
Because there's an equal amount (slightly more) amount of bull**** that makes me rage just as hard in melee. After playing brawl long enough though, I've realized that every game is going to end up campy. It's nature. So, I'm just gonna stick with brawl.
What's your reasoning on why the Hawks choked so bad against the Magic in the playoffs?
I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know of any Hawks. Naw, but seriously, they can't handle the pressure yet. They did good during the season, but it's nothing like the playoffs.
Do you think anyone will nominate me for this interview thread?
I'll nominate you :)
What's the best place to eat at in GA? I just love going to Steak n Shake. Don't really know of any really good restuarants since I don't have the money to spend for it LOL.
How do you feel about Morton's Iodized Salt?
I need some. Send some to me by overnight shipping and rushed processing.
How do you feel about short people?
My friend is short. What about it?
****** Tactics?

Who, in your opinion, are the top 3 Yoshi mains as of when you reply?
Uh.....I guess it'd be Stocky, You, and idk the last one. I'm no where good enough at this moment (or placing well enough) to be placing me there.
How good is the Delta combo?
You mean your 8000 Usmash frantic match? It was meh.
Sharky Abortion Lock?
Meh.
Polt Smash?
Meh.
Egg da Egg da Egg? You're kidding right? It's like looking at brawl ganon trying to grab...
Sorry, Don't have my normal keyboard, so can't use the enter key right now. I'll fix it later. I sleep nao.

D

Deleted member

2/2 top yoshi mains say im a top3 yoshi main.
Success =]

bigman40

Smash Master
did you make your sig scatz? Either way I like it very much.
Forever Zero made this sig. My only way to pay my respects to a fellow Pka main.

Lol. I'm surprised you say I'm a top Yoshi main.

Why didn't you answer my question about ****** Tactics? What do you think of them?
Because idk what ****** tactics you plan on using. As long as they don't hurt me, I'm cool with ****** tactics. Also, I really don't consider many people "top." (That's including the ones I listed.)

Airborne

Smash Lord
Have there ever been any Yoshi players that you've looked up to, in contrast to the massive fanbase you've accumulated in the past 2 years?

Who are your favorite Yoshi players to watch?

Do you believe that Airborne has a voice that sounds like an amusement park guy?

What do you visualize the perfect Yoshi player's style to be like?

What is your favorite move out of Yoshi's arsenal?

bigman40

Smash Master
You're in for a surprise at Apex, then. :)
Then surprise me. I like being surprised and interested in looking at other players.

Have there ever been any Yoshi players that you've looked up to, in contrast to the massive fanbase you've accumulated in the past 2 years?

When I started melee, I looked up to Fumi as my Yoshi. No one else is really my idol.

Who are your favorite Yoshi players to watch?

I often watch Fingerpass, Karamity, and some other people when they have good games (yes, that includes you guys).

Do you believe that Airborne has a voice that sounds like an amusement park guy?

Hahahaha.......I don't really know.

What do you visualize the perfect Yoshi player's style to be like?

I have no idea what it'd be actually. Obviously, a really good one would be able to utilize his jabs to presure, but from there, idk what the style would look like.

What is your favorite move out of Yoshi's arsenal?

Jab.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
You're in for a surprise at Apex, then. :)
Then surprise me. I like being surprised and interested in looking at other players.
So, you're coming to Apex?

Since when did you have the Yoshi Pikachu Falco Snake icon, Stocky Scatz? :)

Where did all your names come from?

What's your least favorite Yoshi move, non-egg roll division?

If you're in a black hole, isn't answering these questions fruitless, since we'll never see your respsonses?

bigman40

Smash Master
So, you're coming to Apex?

Extremely want to. Unless I can get more money (job) then my only OoS tourney I'll be going to will be Raleigh :(

Since when did you have the Yoshi Pikachu Falco Snake icon, Stocky Scatz? :)

Had em since I got bored of having Yoshi sitting on my avi. Changed it when I started pika.

Where did all your names come from?

Rai! = my smash tag (old)
Mieu! = ToA game and now my current smash tag
Scatz = My nickname and original tag from melee
Techzilla = Everyone should know this lol.

Did I leave out any others?

What's your least favorite Yoshi move, non-egg roll division?

Fair.

If you're in a black hole, isn't answering these questions fruitless, since we'll never see your respsonses?

Cause everyone else is in the black hole too.
Keep em comin.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Do you main pikachu and yoshi equally or have you dropped pikachu completely?

If you could fix three things about yoshi that you believe would make him a tournament legit character, what would they be?

Why blue?

What are your goals with yoshi in the long run?

What are your thoughts on Zudenka's style?

Are you surprised none of these questions are aimed at trolling you?

bigman40

Smash Master
Do you main pikachu and yoshi equally or have you dropped pikachu completely?

I haven't dropped pikachu. Both of them I co-main, but lately my Pika has been giving me raging problems in singles.

If you could fix three things about yoshi that you believe would make him a tournament legit character, what would they be?

Uh.....I'd want to change his Bair to the 64 one. His new one is good, but having 64 with low cooldown is much better.

Probably give him OoS game to keep him from being pressure ***** from some of the cast.

Change his Fsmash to be much more devastating (that's probably be his real game changer).

Why blue?

Dunno. I liked playing all the colors before. I guess blue just kind of stuck to me. But now it's white.

What are your goals with yoshi in the long run?

Obviously to be the best out there with Yoshi.
Get good enough to actually place in high tourneys with him and a little help.
Just overall, enjoy playing him since he's my best, and probably forever my best.

What are your thoughts on Zudenka's style?

Idk what to think about his style since I don't keep up with how he plays other MUs like we do and how some of his opponents play.

Are you surprised none of these questions are aimed at trolling you?
Idk if I can say that I'm not being trolled yet. Some questiosn just really made me sit there and think "Is he really serious with this question?" or "How in the **** would I know the answer to this question?"
Shiri, you takin care of my Yosi keychain?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Dude, WTF do you want me to do with this keychain, LOL.

I like seriously don't know what to do with it. I have it in this handy dandy glass case I held for just such an occasion, ROFL

bigman40

Smash Master
:yoshi: Dude, WTF do you want me to do with this keychain, LOL.

I like seriously don't know what to do with it. I have it in this handy dandy glass case I held for just such an occasion, ROFL
Just hold on to it until the next monthly. I needed my Yoshi to take a break cause I was far too angry with myself that day.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm telling you, just throw your controller away.

Preferably in a parking lot. You toss it real high so when it hits the ground you see all the pieces fly up.

I would never let anybody anybody touch any of my Yoshi stuff, no matter how mad I am.

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol, I wish I had the money to replace my controller after I throw it too. Anyways, that Yoshi keychain was the only Yoshi related stuff I have, and it broke up during that day. I trusted you to hold onto it so it wouldn't get messed up.

Sharky

Smash Master
Yannick you missed some good controller throws on neil's part last tourney. The second one was noteworthy cause he investigated the part of the room he was gonna throw it at first to make sure it was a good spot ROFL.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: What loser investigates the intended destination for their doomed controller?

That means he's just throwing it to throw it; true rage is preceded by complete and total indifference to the health of the controller and to your immediate surroundings.

Back to the interview.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
When did you first pick up yoshi?

Why is yoshi so god d@mn adorable?

FALCON PAWNCH!! Your reaction?

If you could punch me, would you?

A martini. Shaken, not stirred?

bigman40

Smash Master
When did you first pick up yoshi?

Always technically mained him (even when playing casual) since I picked him up when I started my competitive career.

Why is yoshi so god d@mn adorable?

Cause the lovable sound that pisses people off when they get jabbed. <3

FALCON PAWNCH!! Your reaction?

Orly? Move out of way cause it's too slow.

If you could punch me, would you?

Naw. I'm not that kind of person.

A martini. Shaken, not stirred?

Meh. Not too big into the alcohol drinks. So, idk what's the difference yet, but I'd guess I'd had to have it stirred for me.
Blarg. I'm kinda sleepy.

bigman40

Smash Master
Do you ever use down b?

I actually use down-b kinda often. Not as much as a new yoshi would, but I use it when I know I'll land one or to mix up really quickly.

Why haven't I been active on the yoshi boards?

Cause you've been playing HoN

I found out that I have to play Squirtle for a few games to play safer and campy. I can't play Pika (and sometimes Yoshi) correctly without playing him first.

Top Bottom