• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Interview Thread! Round 15 Voting is Here... Still!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mine are still in lag, they accidentally went Ganon and used utilt.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping I'd get a buttload of question.
But...I guess not. I was trying to be more active on the boards. :/

bigman40

Smash Master
Boards are dead. Everyone should know that. One person being more active is great, but one doesn't cut it. Need more than one person. I'd ask questions, but I don't have the time to think of the deep questions I used to ask atm; however, if you wanna answer some questions I asked previous people (they're still fairly deep questions imo), I can repost them for you to answer.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Dear MX,

I still need to Yoshi Ditto you. I have been in retirement for a while, but now I'm back! For how long is anyone's guess, so get your hits in now!

Sincerely,

nicalobe

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Boards are dead. Everyone should know that. One person being more active is great, but one doesn't cut it. Need more than one person. I'd ask questions, but I don't have the time to think of the deep questions I used to ask atm; however, if you wanna answer some questions I asked previous people (they're still fairly deep questions imo), I can repost them for you to answer.
Please do. durp

Tekken or Soul Calibur?
Soul Calibur :D
:(

Sorry MX

I never ask anyone questions.
It's cool man. Dun werry abowt eet
; D

Dear MX,

I still need to Yoshi Ditto you. I have been in retirement for a while, but now I'm back! For how long is anyone's guess, so get your hits in now!

Sincerely,

nicalobe
Bro, you like....disappeared off the planet. How you doin' man?

I never managed to get online, crap. =$
Aww p000p

BOARDS are so dead :/
My boy Rel is gettin' back in it!

bigman40

Smash Master
Alright, dug up from the depths of this thread, here's some last mintue questions you can answer.

What do you think of Yoshi's metagame today?

How do you think the Yoshi metagame will pan out in the upcoming year?

What do you enjoy most of Yoshi's game?

What do you think some Yoshi's (if not all) could do that is never used?

How long do you plan on traveling to tourneys?

I nominate Airborne.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If we're doing serious questions i'll do some too.

Aside from the usual Marth and Lucario as our hardest MU's, What's the MU that YOU have trouble in?

How long do you think the Yoshi boards will last till it's completely dead?

What's the highest placing/Achievement you've made in your (months/years) Brawl competitive play

I nominate Airborne!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^I still consider it to be Yoshi's 2nd worst match-up.

But yeah, in terms of difficulty Marth is nowhere near as hard as Lucario.

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Nah, if I had to rate Yoshi's top 5 worst match-ups, it'd be:

1. Lucario (duh)
2. Marth
3. Wolf
4. Toon Link
5. Diddy/Falco (I find them to be equally challenging)

And to remain on-topic, I suppose I'll vote for Airborne. =P

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

1. Lucario (duh)
2. Marth
3. Wolf
4. Toon Link

Lol wtf.

Marth is an even match up. Not hard at all once you learn how to break his walls, since we actually have good tools against him.

Toon Link is worse than Wolf imo. You hit Wolf and you have juggle potential. You hit Toon Link and... he floats away to camp you more.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Alright, dug up from the depths of this thread, here's some last mintue questions you can answer.

Q: What do you think of Yoshi's metagame today?
A: I think Yoshi's metagame is probably the harderest one in roster to master. Mainly cause' Yoshi just has a very odd learning curve.

Q:How do you think the Yoshi metagame will pan out in the upcoming year?

A: Honestly, I'm not too sure. I'm sure it will continue to improve just like it always has. Even if it's just a little bit. :p

Q: What do you enjoy most of Yoshi's game?

A: The one thing I like most about Yoshi's game is playing Yoshi honestly. He's my all-round favorite character of all time. Metagame-wise though, I would have to say that I appreciate his combo ability with his back-air.

Q: What do you think some Yoshi's (if not all) could do that is never used?

A: Well.. If there is one thing I'd say, I will say that most of the Yoshi's could think more when they play. I mean no offense to any of you or anything like that, but I see that ALOT of my friends mainly just play off skill. They don't really think about what they're doing.
Also, it is alright to play extremely campy, but there are always opprotunities to go in for some good hits. :D

How long do you plan on traveling to tourneys? I've only traveled to one so far. lol

I nominate Airborne.
If we're doing serious questions i'll do some too.

Q: Aside from the usual Marth and Lucario as our hardest MU's, What's the MU that YOU have trouble in?

A: Really though... I have an unbelievably hard time with Falco.. As well as R.O.B. I'm losing to nearly every Falco I play now. No matter how much experience I have in that matchup.
As far as R.O.B goes, I might've been able to beat Mister Eric, but really I can't handle a more campier R.O.B. >.>

Q:How long do you think the Yoshi boards will last till it's completely dead?
A:As long as it has cool Yoshi players like you all, it won't be dead for quite a while. :)

Q:What's the highest placing/Achievement you've made in your (months/years) Brawl competitive play

A: My highest acheivement was placing 2nd with Yoshi at my first Competitive Brawl tourney called "Focus Cancel". Others would include being the highest placing Yoshi in MLG Colmbus while almost putting Boss in the Loser's bracket. I also placed top 5 at a local Ohio tournament back in October. This one was hosted by AlphaZealot.

I nominate Airborne!

Answers are right here. ;D

Airborne

Smash Lord
Marth is not as hard as Lucario :(
Marth is fun as sh*t to fight.

^I still consider it to be Yoshi's 2nd worst match-up.

But yeah, in terms of difficulty Marth is nowhere near as hard as Lucario.

inb4metaknightisinthisgame

Lol wtf.

Marth is an even match up. Not hard at all once you learn how to break his walls, since we actually have good tools against him.

Toon Link is worse than Wolf imo. You hit Wolf and you have juggle potential. You hit Toon Link and... he floats away to camp you more.
I suppose I'll have to explain my Grab Release shenanigans sometime to help you guys with fastfallers that can't be chain grabbed, butttttt yeahhhhhh.... punish more landings.

1. Lucario (duh)
2. Marth
3. Wolf
4. Toon Link

Who's this Airborne guy? He sounds terrible... WAIT, HE PLAYS YELLOW YOSHI?!!? Does he smell like piss? Not voting for that scrub.

I nominate Yoshi so we can ask him why Sakurai doesn't love him.

Top Bottom